** Diablo 4 Thread **

Associate
I am enjoying it but it is just exactly what I expected. No more no less.

Edit: Because I don't want to become a 'sweaty try-hard' and start using guides etc. Am I right in thinking that as a Sorc, when comparing weapons, I don't care about DPS and should prioritise things like intelligence as that increases my ability damage which I use all the time.
DPS on your weapon/off hand does matter. Damage scales off that. Intelligence stat also increases damage for Sorc.

Soldato
DPS on your weapon/off hand does matter. Damage scales off that. Intelligence stat also increases damage for Sorc.

Oooh ok I didnt realise that! This is why I find the comparison hard between a staff and a main plus offhand. I have to equip the two separate bits to get a comparison against the staff. Is that DPS figure taking into account whatever DPS is gained from intelligence do you know?

Soldato
Up just noticed I’m nowhere near getting the mount 32 still on act one hah.

Loving every aspect of this so far.

Music, art, main story and side quests.

Had to force myself to go outside and get a bit of sunshine!!!

Associate
I think I'm playing this wrong as I'm level 42 and still in Act 1..

I just discovered that you can't fight any world boss until you have completed the campaign. I really don't like this approach as much like you, I enjoy wondering around at random and discovering new places/things to do. I might just have to rush the storyline now in order to get the better loot you need to progress.

Soldato
Up just noticed I’m nowhere near getting the mount 32 still on act one hah.

Loving every aspect of this so far.

Music, art, main story and side quests.

Had to force myself to go outside and get a bit of sunshine!!!

Pro tip, move PC near a window, open it a bit, it's almost as good!

Associate
Oooh ok I didnt realise that! This is why I find the comparison hard between a staff and a main plus offhand. I have to equip the two separate bits to get a comparison against the staff. Is that DPS figure taking into account whatever DPS is gained from intelligence do you know?
No, it doesn't take any other stats on the gear into account. Which is a shame ...
So for example ... I'm playing an Ice Sorceror using Frost Nova & Ice Shards. A staff with 500 DPS,+7.5% cold damage and +2 Ice Shard skill rank would be better for me than a staff with 510 DPS, +15 intelligence and +10% fire damage.
You need to quickly scan the additional stats and have a good idea what stats work for your build. Just going by DPS/raw attack power could severely undermine your character's potential.

Soldato
No, it doesn't take any other stats on the gear into account. Which is a shame ...
So for example ... I'm playing an Ice Sorceror using Frost Nova & Ice Shards. A staff with 500 DPS,+7.5% cold damage and +2 Ice Shard skill rank would be better for me than a staff with 510 DPS, +15 intelligence and +10% fire damage.
You need to quickly scan the additional stats and have a good idea what stats work for your build. Just going by DPS/raw attack power could severely undermine your character's potential.

Yeah and without using some calculator that will no doubt exist, I am usually guessing, especially when the stats could be close.

Man of Honour
Are you in the clan?
Havent joined it yet, in a clan with my friends currently, not sure what the situation is with clans, can you be in more than 1 at once?

If not, I'll have a chat with them and see if they're ok with joining the ocuk clan instead. Its only us in our clan anyway

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom