• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

DirectX 11 to come in 2009

Soldato
Im still happy with what can be done with DX9 so it don't bother me at all.
By the time that DX11 comes out then DX10 will be used more & the DX11 hardware should run DX10 games just as well as DX10 hardware runs DX9 games & DX11 will run like crap on DX11 hardware :D

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Im still happy with what can be done with DX9 so it don't bother me at all.
By the time that DX11 comes out then DX10 will be used more & the DX11 hardware should run DX10 games just as well as DX10 hardware runs DX9 games & DX11 will run like crap on DX11 hardware :D

That just about sums it up perfectly. :D

I have to agree with you. I am still on XP and have no intention of moving to Vista and DX9 games still look great. Especially the newer titles.

Caporegime
OP
Im expecting the Dx11 games flooding out next year then, i mean we've had Dx10 for about a year now, and what have we got, about 2 games that are supposedly using Dx10, and a couple of naffly patched to Dx10 Dx9 games, jesus stacks of em. :D

Dx9/XP still doing me fine. :p

Associate
According to Fudzilla, we won't see the first games using DX11 until 2010. By this time, the hardware ppl will have to support DX9, DX10, DX10.1 and DX11. Also, I doubt I will make the mistake of buying the first-generation of DX11 cards.

Soldato
they really need to think this through in future, whats the point in making ANOTHER DX version when DX10 is still 99.9% unused, microsoft = idiots i mean no wonder consoles always run stuff so nicely, cause on PC nothing has a chance to mature.

for example NVIDIA releasing there next generation cards, WHY?! there not even using the current generation to its potential with crappy drivers, give me strength :rolleyes:

Permabanned
For the people complaining, this is the way the industry works, just because DX10 isn't fully utilised does not mean DX11 should not be in the pipeline, you are naive to think otherwise.

DX10 cards were out at the end of 06 so by 09 we will have some DX11 cards, that is 3 years or am I missing something?

Man of Honour
Im expecting the Dx11 games flooding out next year then, i mean we've had Dx10 for about a year now, and what have we got, about 2 games that are supposedly using Dx10, and a couple of naffly patched to Dx10 Dx9 games, jesus stacks of em. :D

Dx9/XP still doing me fine. :p

If I didnt find your other posts decent, I'd get very sick of you very quickly ;)

You're like a broken record with anything DX10 related :p

Soldato
For the people complaining, this is the way the industry works, just because DX10 isn't fully utilised does not mean DX11 should not be in the pipeline, you are naive to think otherwise.

DX10 cards were out at the end of 06 so by 09 we will have some DX11 cards, that is 3 years or am I missing something?

i see where your coming from but why make something new when what they've got isn't being utilised, you make something new when the old thing isn't good enough anymore, wasting there time to be honest, time they could better use making there current DX version and current OS better

Associate
They might be skipping to DX11 purely because DX10 seems to be a flop.
End of DX10 was supposed to be much faster at passing things around the GPU, but in actual fact, it's no quicker, or worse than, DX9.

Maybe it's a good thing, and hopefully, they will get it right this time.

Back
Top Bottom