DiRT 4

Soldato
Why did they get rid of Finland, Germany, Greece? And still no Japan...

I'll still play the hell out of it but I was hoping for more than 5 locations.

Caporegime
OP
Why did they get rid of Finland, Germany, Greece? And still no Japan...

I'll still play the hell out of it but I was hoping for more than 5 locations.

well i think maybe that licensing is probably the main reason.for anyone who dont know licensing and cars games is a nightmare.also Your stage is a game changing thing.many people who of understood yet how big a deal that is.up to the possibility of a billion different tracks can be configured from your stage.every stage different and not knowing whats coming next corner is the spirit of rally.will keep the playability going for a long time.

also the fact that you can make a track / course then give your friends then rally against each other is brilliant for events / comps maybe even forums users of ocuk rallies :cool:

Soldato
Yeah, I'm aware of the licensing costs. That was probably the main reason.

I agree about your stage, I just feel disappointed that we still can't get a rally game with 8-9 proper rally locations like in CMRs of old. For some reason, I can't really picture a rally game without Finland or Greece and I incorrectly assumed those locations wouldn't be scrapped.

Soldato
Frankly, the games look so similar (except a more robust career, your stage and additional disciplines) that I see no reason to stop playing Dirt Rally knowing they had removed so many countries.

I was incredibly hyped because I thought they were going to expand upon the locations from Dirt Rally and we would finally be getting 8-9 countries with many stages like in past games but instead of that we lost Monte Carlo, Greece, Germany and Finland and the location count went from six to five.

I think it'll be a good game but I can't see it surpassing Rally from a pure rallying perspective, it seems more like a sidegrade with a stage generator tacked on to make up for the lack of locales.

Soldato
I think the possibility of this getting DLC is higher since it's a main entry in the franchise. I'd totally buy expansions with new locations and stages, I love rallying and DR was top-notch.

Five locations for rallying is simply too little IMO.

Caporegime
OP
well i dunno because i mainly just played wales on dirt rally.so for me that location then add in unlimited options of courses on that its like my dream come true. michigan should be amazing.

Soldato
well i dunno because i mainly just played wales on dirt rally.so for me that location then add in unlimited options of courses on that its like my dream come true. michigan should be amazing.

Well, I mainly played Greece and Finland and they're not in the game anymore so it didn't turn out so well for me;p That's why I think variety is important in such games.

Spain, Australia, Greece, Japan, Germany, Sweden, USA, UK/Wales and Finland are essential locales for a rally title IMO.

Well, at least I'll get Spain and Australia;p

Associate
well i think maybe that licensing is probably the main reason.for anyone who dont know licensing and cars games is a nightmare.also Your stage is a game changing thing.many people who of understood yet how big a deal that is.up to the possibility of a billion different tracks can be configured from your stage.every stage different and not knowing whats coming next corner is the spirit of rally.will keep the playability going for a long time.

also the fact that you can make a track / course then give your friends then rally against each other is brilliant for events / comps maybe even forums users of ocuk rallies :cool:

actually in real rally you do have pace notes from the reccy, so you do know the stage, but not at speed.
rally raid or american off road trophy trucks etc is closer to how we play, ie generic pacenotes and no/ little idea whats coming up.

tbh id like that track generator for rally cross type stuff too

Soldato
Don't forget WRC 4th round France Corsica 6 - 9 April, Channel 5 usually shown Monday/Tuesday.

Would love Corsica to be in Dirt 4 its a really challenging event tight twisty roads and tarmac surface changing all the time.

The 2017 calendar Dates:

1. Monte-Carlo 19 - 22 January
2. Sweden 9 - 12 February
3. Mexico 9 - 12 March
4. France 6 - 9 April*
5. Argentina 27 - 30 April
6. Portugal 18 - 21 May
7. Italy 8 - 11 June
8. Poland 29 June - 2 July
9. Finland 27 - 30 July
10. Germany 17 - 20 August
11. Spain 5 - 8 October