DiRT 4

Caporegime
OP
well if its still on a humble bundle deal you should check out dirt rally.dirt rally is unforgiving.simple and brilliant.

in Dirt 4 though you can play it with both arcade handling and sim handling.also cross platform across consoles.will be interesting to see how console vs pc players turns out :cool:

Soldato
Right got a surprise a early birthday present a Wheel Stand Pro for my T500RS gaming steering wheel, on inspection its solidly built and the quality is very good black paint with chrome. The stand comes with Quick release mechanism for rapid adjustment, bolts, brackets, cable ties even the tools(Allen keys, Spanner) needed to add your wheel and pedal units. Its very easy to set up as it comes Ready to work out of the box so you only have to add your steering wheel plus foot pedal units all together takes 5 bolts, two for the wheel and three for the pedals plus fixing bracket. To fix the wheel unit slacking the Quick release so you can slide the top tube out and screw it in to place to the mounting bracket on the top of the tubing with the correct bolts. The foot pedals are fixed in place using three bolts and a bracket, prior to this l had removed the black bracket of the T500 RS pedal base as l don't use it and it makes it far easier to fix it in to place on to Wheel Stand base. All together it took me half an hour to complete the job and its very easy to do see photos below, can't wait to try it out.

pro5_zpsxeweywyy.jpg

After testing the stand out on Dirt Rally 3 it took me a good hour to adjust the stand to suite me while re-adjusting the wheel settings at the same time with using a big screen coming from a 27" 1440p 60Hrtz monitor using DSR-3840x2160 . The main reason l wanted the stand is so l could use our are Samsung 49" smart tv full HD using DSR to up the resolution to 3840x2160 via my Nvidia 980Ti GPU with gaming mode turned on the TV for racing games only. Dirt Rally 3 looks awesome on a big screen with no problems at all, there is plenty of information on YouTube how to set up your TV for gaming. The stand is very solid no movement at all on short pile carpet and the steering wheel is solid to while playing Dirt Rally 3 which l think is a good game to test it on, plenty of wheel and pedal movement with road rage thrown in as well.

0f705770-800e-4f0b-ab79-fe7dab9db4e0_zpsp0enoiyu.jpg

Been testing the stand for just over a week is it worth the £93 yes being able to use the big screen 3840x2160p for driving games the stages are easier to make out so you can avoid objects a head, enter and exit the bends a lot cleaner. Its far more comfortable as well with a good adjustable seat with wheel locks to keep it in place beats using a desk any day.

837fa6c7-c63c-410a-beb9-0252eb84eb3f_zpszlgbmflw.jpg

My sons who game as well give the stand a big thumbs up and agree Dirt Rally 3 looks far better on the big screen compared to my 27" monitor, even The Boss agreed now that saying something.

Last edited:
Soldato
Looks interesting. I enjoyed Dirt Rally up to a point but after a while it became quite frustrating when you just missed qualifying for the next level (I'm sure the opposition scaled with the player).

Procedurally generated courses interesting, though I would much rather see a fully fledged editor that allowed the user to recreate real world stages. On similar lines to the train sim editors which support import of terrain elevation (DEM) data and mapping overlays to enable highly accurate representation of the actual locations.

I would love to be able to go back and recreate all those UK/Manx and Ulster stages from the now sadly defunct 1999 Rally Championship.

Soldato
Looks interesting. I enjoyed Dirt Rally up to a point but after a while it became quite frustrating when you just missed qualifying for the next level (I'm sure the opposition scaled with the player).

Procedurally generated courses interesting, though I would much rather see a fully fledged editor that allowed the user to recreate real world stages. On similar lines to the train sim editors which support import of terrain elevation (DEM) data and mapping overlays to enable highly accurate representation of the actual locations.

I would love to be able to go back and recreate all those UK/Manx and Ulster stages from the now sadly defunct 1999 Rally Championship.

You have just got to keep at it and learn every bend and rock, its frustrating at the beginning but just keep at it.

glad you enjoying it pue. soon you can throw it at Dirt 4.not long now !!!! :D

Now the man says Dirt 4 will be here soon, is just under a month soon l think not. :mad:

Loving Dirt Rally 3 on the big screen slowly getting warned up for Dirt 4.:D

Back
Top Bottom