Dirt Rally 2.0

Soldato
Been quite happy with my T500RS setup for DR 2.0, but decided to give Jon Armstrong settings ago see link below-

DiRT RALLY 2.0 | FORCE FEEDBACK SETTINGS | THRUSTMASTER TS-XW RACER
LINK> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9UxpaFosds

The only setting l changed was self alining torque lowered it slightly, after using them for 2 days must say they are a good improvement on my ffb settings.

Had to go back to my ffb force setting of 2.5 + ffb_friction 1.5, as the New 1.4.1 Update patch the FFB default setting of 0.7 from 0.9 is worse again.

My wheel settings> "tm_t500_rs" priority="100" type="wheel" ffb_force="2.5" ffb_friction="1.5" />

To edit go to device settings and look up your wheel> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DiRT Rally 2.0\input\device settings use notepad+ for editing.

Been driving the BMW M3 salon must say once setup its great fun to drive.

UPdate 1.4.1 patch -

I see we have another ffb update today of 4.6GB and yesterday of 3.6GB, why could they not say it was in two parts.

As yesterdays update did nothing regarding ffb it was worse in fact, so now will have to see what this update does.

Come on CM get your act together.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anybody getting stuttering when using there wheel with DR 2.0, i have a T300rs and it makes it unplayable with my wheel.

All my other games are fine and playing with an xbox pad is fine to.

Soldato
see if there is a thrustmaster update. sounds like a steering wheel issue. often stuttering can be a usb or wheel issue.

Yeah i did that but i am on the latest version available for my wheel. i found a possible fix on the steam forums so will give that a try tomorrow.

Soldato
Germany calling, fast wheel spinning tarmac stages.:)

Update> forgot to mention look out for the Troll Turds[big stones] strategically placed about the stages and yes it is fast as I have mentioned.:D

Last edited:
Soldato
DiRT Rally 2.0 Latest Update-Version 1.5

Club support added to Freeplay.
Visual improvements made to rain effects.
Service Areas will appear correctly in Weekly and Monthly Challenges.
Monthly Challenge Leaderboards adjusted to show total Event times instead of individual Stage times.
Elite and Master AI difficulty adjusted in My Team Rally Events to provide a fairer transition upwards from Pro.
Start-line AI behaviour adjusted at Lohéac Bretagne circuit.
AI cars will now be washed after Rallycross races.
Notification added for when a player completes research on a car’s final engine upgrade in My Team.
Chase cameras adjusted to reduce camera clipping into roadside objects.
Non-English language co-driver volume increased.
Corrections to some non-English language co-driver calls.
General stability improvements and minor bug fixes.

Soldato
Thanks and should i be able to run it with a gtx 1070ti?

It's more or less fine for me at 1440p with a standard 1070.

The game gets way too much criticism, IMO. The driving itself is great, the new lighting system looks impressive and we have more locations than in DR1 now. Of course one can argue they should've been free but it's better to have them than not and I actually enjoy them more than in Rally 1 and they look a lot better.
Car selection is very good now.

Rallycross is solid, not much of a fan but it's enjoyable. Very solid game, I wouldn't scoff at more unique stages and a better weather system but it's still good.

Back
Top Bottom