• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Discussion On The ATI Radeon 5*** Series Before They Have Been Released Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
@ Reflux, AFAIK, QuakeCon was weeks ago.

Ah, the original post was misleading:

[Update] We’ve got confirmation from AMD that the Evergreen cards are being shown this weekend, at the QuakeCon video game convention in Dallas, Texas.

The word is finally out. AMD will launch it’s much anticipated next generation graphics processors code name “Evergreen” on September 10th; ahead of Windows 7’s launch in late October..

For AMD, these 40-nm, Microsoft DX11-compliant GPUs will fundamentally change the graphics industry and give it a clear advantage over Nvidia, again!

The prior generation of ATI cards was such high performance and so cheap that they forced Nvidia to hastily put together competitive video cards.

Sadly, AMD’s Santa Clara, Calif., rival hasn’t shown much of its DX-11 chips yet. However, Nvidia might choose to show off its wares at its own GPU Technology conference at the end of September in San Jose.

The GPU market is finally kicking some tires, just in time for the holiday season!

---------------------------------

The reason for it being such fail is because it is NOT a launch. All the people attending the event are under NDA (although some people will probably break the NDA and we will get more leaks later on).

The launch and end of the NDA is September 22/23rd....

It says on those slides the NDA was lifted this nearly half an hour ago (they show Japanese time), so surely infos soon?

004scy.jpg
]

Last edited:
I think people need to calm down before they start having asthma attacks.

I've been following this thread for a few days now & people are getting crazy over this for no real reason.

They'll release the deets when they're ready & they'll be out before you know it.

Jesus people get a grip.

Ah, my apologies then, I had been lead to believe that the event today was all under NDA and there was a separate public show later on for people who were not under NDA.

However there is still 30 mins left before the NDA is lifted (if the info on the slide is accurate). SO i guess we wait and see.

I've been following this thread for a few days now & people are getting crazy over this for no real reason.

They'll release the deets when they're ready & they'll be out before you know it.

Jesus people get a grip.

Yes, lets pretend everyone is going crazy over this.

People are trying to work out when the NDA is over. What's wrong with that. If you don't like overdiscussion, why are you in this thread?

ATI Cypress DirectX 11 GPUs due Friday

Techtree News Staff, Sep 10, 2009 1742 hrs IST

AMD's graphics unit ATI had demonstrated the prowess of its next generation DirectX 11 graphics card codenamed "Evergreen" at the QuakeCon 2009 convention. ATI is supposed to launch the new family of its Evergreen graphics card supporting DirectX 11 technology tomorrow at a press event. As Overclock3d.Net reports AMD informed that upcoming DirectX 11 Cypress will be branded as Radeon HD 5800 series graphics cards. Card/Specific chip codenames have been assigned by AMD such as Cypress, Juniper, Redwood, Cedar and Hemlock.
According to Overclock3d.Net forums, of the two new DirectX 11 Cypress cards, Radeon HD 5850 is the Cypress PRO, while the Radeon HD 5870 is the Cypress XT. Packing 40nm process manufactured GPUs, these new cards will be slotted in the high-end offerings from ATI.

The key features of these Cypress cards are:

* 1GB GDDR5 memory
* ATI Eyefinity technology with support for up to three displays
* ATI Stream technology
* Compliant with DirectX 11 and earlier revisions
* Designed for DirectCompute 5.0 and OpenCL
* Accelerated Video Transcoding (AVT)
* Supports OpenGL 3.1
* ATI CrossFireX multi-GPU support for highly scalable performance
* ATI Avivo HD video and display technology
* Dynamic power management with ATI PowerPlay technology
* HDMI, twin Dual Link-DVI, DisplayPort
* PCI Express 2.0 support

The launch of these cards is expected tomorrow and would be available in late October along with the launch of Windows 7 operating system. While more information keeps oozing from the web, we await the official launch of DirectX 11 supporting cards by ATI tomorrow

Date of article, and the use of the word "tomorrow" suggests to me it means tomorrow;)

Jesus people get a grip.

Some of us are bored at work. Let us have our fun :D

Personally, I have no interest in the cards atm, but this thread is entertaining.
;)

Yes, lets pretend everyone is going crazy over this.

People are trying to work out when the NDA is over. What's wrong with that. If you don't like overdiscussion, why are you in this thread?

There's been 1150 posts in this thread already, and another that was closed because it was full of not-a-lot... I think people are going a little bit crazy over this, yes. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom