Dishonored - Thread

Soldato
this looks flipping brilliant, gothic or what, i'm surprised i missed this game... this looks like it could be one of the best games this year...... so it's this and Borderlands 2...

i love sneaking around in stealth mode, this reminds me of a film but i cant remember its name, it's very atmospheric, different ways to kill/ tactics this means it has lots of replay value

Soldato
I loved playing as him in Fear 3. But you are right you had to approach it completely different as the point man.

yea THIS GAME LOOKS EXCITING much more so than anything else this year, it looks better than Deux Ex too, but probably wont be !!

it doesn't look that open world, i dont think he travels to other areas, which makes a big difference, unless of course the city is huge, like in the 1st FEAR

Last edited:
Soldato
Not new, but the voice acting looks to be great!

August 3, 2012 (Rockville, MD) – Bethesda Softworks®, a ZeniMax® Media company, today revealed the all-star cast lending their voices to DishonoredTM, a new first-person action game from Arkane Studios in which the player takes on the role of Corvo, a supernatural assassin driven by revenge. Dishonoredwill feature an award-winning ensemble including Academy Award® winner, Susan Sarandon (“Thelma & Louise,” “Dead Man Walking”), Golden Globe® winner, Brad Dourif (“The Lord of the Rings” trilogy, “One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest”), Emmy® Award nominees Carrie Fisher (original “Star Wars” trilogy) and John Slattery (“Mad Men”), Michael Madsen (“Thelma & Louise,” “Reservoir Dogs,” “Kill Bill”), and Lena Headey (“300,” “Game of Thrones”),

Susan Sarandon, an Academy Award winner and five-time nominee, will make her videogame debut as the former aristocrat, Granny Rags – an intriguing old blind woman now deranged after years of street life. Academy Award nominee and Golden Globe-winner Brad Dourif takes on the role of the inventor Piero, creator of the iconic mask worn by Corvo as well as a wealth of gadgets Corvo can use. Emmy winner and Hollywood-icon Carrie Fisher can be heard broadcasting government propaganda over loudspeakers throughout the city of Dunwall, where the game is set.

The all-star cast continues with John Slattery (“Mad Men,” “The Adjustment Bureau”) who takes on the role of Admiral Havelock, a Loyalist who helps Corvo on his quest, as well as Michael Madsen who brings his videogame voiceover experience to the role of Daud, a mysterious assassin. Chloë Grace Moretz (“Kick-Ass,” “Hugo”) portrays Young Lady Emily, the Empress’ daughter who is kidnapped after her mother’s death while Lena Headey joins the cast as Calista, Emily’s caretaker. In addition to the star-studded voice cast, Composer Daniel Licht (“Dexter”) lends his musical talents to create the game’s original score.

“Having such talented actors voice Dishonored’s compelling cast of characters adds a rich, powerful element to the game,” said Raphaël Colantonio, president of Arkane Studios. “We want to draw people into this virtual world and make it feel real. This celebrated cast adds wonderful depth and credibility to the overall Dishonored gameplay experience.”
http://www.bethblog.com/2012/08/03/quakecon-2012-dishonored-voice-cast-and-composer-announced/

Soldato
First thoughts reminded me a bit of HL2. Will be sure to keep an eye out for this interesting and obscure title! :)

Maybe as its being designed by the same guy who did HL2 city 17 - Viktor Antonov.

Its got a steam punk look same as what City 17 and the combine had, he's a very talented chap, and this is looking to be very good indeed.

Soldato
i'm having second thoughts :D because this game looks too easy, you can possess anything that moves, jump like a monkey, teleport from room to room and God knows what else, so to get inside a building ( once you know all the tricks) must be very easy, spoiling the gameplay ...... food for thought :cool:

but to counter this, the game looks brilliant, very George Orwell/ brothers Grim and you never see games looking as odd/ atmospheric as this.

it looks like Half life/ bioshock

Last edited:
Soldato
i'm having second thoughts :D because this game looks too easy, you can possess anything that moves, jump like a monkey, teleport from room to room and God knows what else, so to get inside a building ( once you know all the tricks) must be very easy, spoiling the gameplay ...... food for thought :cool:

but to counter this, the game looks brilliant, very George Orwell/ brothers Grim and you never see games looking as odd/ atmospheric as this.

it looks like Half life/ bioshock

Although you could also look at it that because you have so many moves it gives you more room to screw up :p

Plus from what I have seen of gameplay clips you can only have one power at a time "active" and with a mana bar type thing for usage. So its not like you can just spam special moves non stop. Either way I'm looking forward to it. But I am also prepared to accept that on day one it is going to have a lot of bugs in it lol :p

Soldato
Although you could also look at it that because you have so many moves it gives you more room to screw up :p

Plus from what I have seen of gameplay clips you can only have one power at a time "active" and with a mana bar type thing for usage. So its not like you can just spam special moves non stop. Either way I'm looking forward to it. But I am also prepared to accept that on day one it is going to have a lot of bugs in it lol :p

you can select anything you want, but you might have to wait outside a door for a 10 seconds like in Deux ex, whilst you recharge etc, so to enter a room there might be 5 different ways, this looks too easy..... i'm just being fussy, even so it still looks great.

e.g even with only the cloak in Deux ex, or SLOMO in FEAR, it really does make the game much easier doesn't it, let alone 5 other skills as well !

when he was walking around near the ceiling, on that ring in clear view, nobody below saw him..... now this bothered me and i noticed a few other things like this too, maybe the demo was on easy mode !

Last edited:
Soldato
This game better blow my socks off !!

It feels more Deus ex than than recent release.

Starts praying to the all=knowing gaming gods!!

yes i was thinking this, it's a stalking game like Deus Ex/ hitman or Sam fisher, but with far more special abilities.

my only worry is, it looks way too easy with all these skills, after all; in Deux Ex you can stalk everyone easily with only a cloaking tool..

Back
Top Bottom