Dishonored - Thread

Soldato
Just this second finished the DLC's.

Just wow! Utterly utterly amazing. Fantastic story, fantastic setting, fantastic graphics, just brilliant!

Thanks Bethesda!!!

Soldato
Thinking of trying the dlcs!

Having nor played since launch do the dlcs ease you in somewhat or bombard you with abilities and expect you to remember the flow of the game etc?

Was debating replaying the main game too but i dont have a lot of time to play lately

Man of Honour
Regardless the storyline DLCs are worth playing - as per my post above they aren't' the longest but what is there is very polished and well produced.

Soldato
Sorry to bump an old thread but have a question about detection.

I just started playing this game for the first time, trying to do a No Kill and No Detection run. Managed to get out of the Prison just fine. But, the first mission which I just finished I got the No Kill tick but not for the No Detection. :( My understanding was that if they only had white flashes around the head you were ok, but if they turned red then you were detected ?? Any time I saw red I reloaded the game so either I missed or even white means you toasted ?? I did have a couple white ones but let those slip since thought it was ok.

So basically, my question is if any flashes around their heads (including dogs) then you toasted on the No Detection rute ?? ( Or did I just miss some red ? :p )

Soldato
I don't know ^^

It's too fun killing people in this game for me to play it without being detected and killing everyone. Stopping time and firing a load or crossbow bolts towards everyone so they all die at once never gets old.

Soldato
I don't know ^^

It's too fun killing people in this game for me to play it without being detected and killing everyone. Stopping time and firing a load or crossbow bolts towards everyone so they all die at once never gets old.
I can see the fun in such a run and most likely do that another day. But this being the first time I am playing Dishonored I thought I take ti slowly and do a No Kill/Not Discovered run and explore it all thoroughly. If I do a all kill, knowing me I be missing stuff. :p

In regards to my previous post, I found this from Bethsoft Forums. So if reading that right I must have missed the markers going red somewhere so going to redo the mission.

How do the detection markers work that appear over NPC (non-playable character) heads?

There are four levels of detection.

Level 1- One marker will appear on either side of the NPC – The NPC has caught a glimpse of your character or heard a non-threatening sound.
  • The NPC will not actively search.
  • The NPC will return to patrolling or idle after a few seconds without further alerts.

Level 2 - Two markers will appear on either side of the NPC – The NPC has seen your character or heard a threatening sound.

• The NPC will actively search for a several seconds and up to a minute.
  • The NPC will return to level 1 after a about a minute or two without further alerts.
Level 3 – Three markers will appear on either side of the NPC, and they have not turned red. In this case, the NPC is very close to finding or being aware of your character’s presence.

• The NPC will actively search, up to several minutes.
  • The NPC will return to level 2 after about a minute without further alerts.
Level 4 – Three markers will appear on either side of the NPC, and they turned red - The NPC has spotted your character and is actively engaging him.

• The NPC will enter into combat and actively chase / attack.
  • This level will count as an official sighting of your character and will count against stealth-based achievements/trophies (i.e. Ghost, Specter).
  • If the NPC loses sight of your character, they will search for several seconds.
  • The NPC will return to level 2 after a few minutes without further alerts.

Soldato
Sooooo, I started another playthrough of this last night. This time going entirely no kill low chaos and full stealth. Avoiding putting anyone to sleep as much as possible. Am I right in thinking you HAVE to kill your targets? There is no way out of it right? And it doesn't effect your chaos level?

Soldato
You don't have to kill anyone at all

If you are going for no kills, be careful where you leave unconscious bodies, as they can be eaten by rats, or even drown I believe.

Associate
Am I right in thinking you HAVE to kill your targets? There is no way out of it right?
You can complete the whole thing with zero casualties, and you get the achievement Clean Hands for doing so. It's honestly not that hard compared to some of the alternatives, and certainly makes the game more fun, especially when combined with a full stealth run.

Associate
It's not just the rats, remember that every time you re-wire something or booby trap anything there is potential for death. It's caught me out a few times, you get to near end of a level and suddenly the quest fail message pops up because some guard wanders through a rewired force field or something!

Back
Top Bottom