Dishonored - Thread

Soldato
Aww man... This game does look really good. Normally it wouldn't appeal to me in the slightest, but nor did Bioshock when it first came out and I freakin loved that game. I'm playing Skyrim currently, then I plan to replay both Bioshocks, so I'll come to dishonored then I think :)

Got this on pre order - looks epic! I'm finding it very difficult to find single player games i want to play at the mo. Skyrim is good but my god its too addictive....

Agreed. Couldn't be arsed with work in the slightest today so came home an hour early to play it lol

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm not going to get excited about this. Too many times have games looked amazing but then have been a pile of ****.

However I will certainly take a look post-release to see if it's worth getting.

Soldato
I still dont understand the system requirements -

Minimum:
  • Processor: 3.0 GHz dual core or better
  • Memory: 4 GB system RAM
  • Hard Disk Space: 9 GB
  • Video Card: DirectX 9 compatible with 512 MB video RAM or better (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 / ATI Radeon HD 5850)
  • Sound: Windows compatible sound card

Recommended:

• Processor: 2.4 GHz quad core or better (enhanced for multi-core processors)
  • Video Card: DirectX 9 compatible with 768 MB video RAM or better (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 / ATI Radeon HD 5850)

Its the GPU that puzzles me, so anyone with a ATI 5770 which going from Steam Stats is still a very popular GPU could struggle?

Is this a sloppy console port? The gfx don't seem to suggest from what i've seen in videos to warrant such high min specs..

I've been tempted to pre order this, got two laptops one with a ATI 5650 and another with a ATI 7970 and I'd love to see how much better or worse each perform.. Even got a desktop with a ATI 5870, hmmm a 5850 hey?

Still, game does look good.

Associate
I still dont understand the system requirements -

Minimum:
  • Processor: 3.0 GHz dual core or better
  • Video Card: DirectX 9 compatible with 512 MB video RAM or better (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 / ATI Radeon HD 5850)

Recommended:

• Processor: 2.4 GHz quad core or better (enhanced for multi-core processors)
  • Video Card: DirectX 9 compatible with 768 MB video RAM or better (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 / ATI Radeon HD 5850)

Its the GPU that puzzles me, so anyone with a ATI 5770 which going from Steam Stats is still a very popular GPU could struggle?

Is this a sloppy console port? The gfx don't seem to suggest from what i've seen in videos to warrant such high min specs..

I've been tempted to pre order this, got two laptops one with a ATI 5650 and another with a ATI 7970 and I'd love to see how much better or worse each perform.. Even got a desktop with a ATI 5870, hmmm a 5850 hey?

Still, game does look good.

Looks like they were thinking of me when they specced this. Arf!

Associate
The devs had stated that the 'minimum specs' were the minimum to play the game at decent settings, not the minimum requirements to play the game at all.

while I understand the intent, I think the devs shot themselves in the foot with this approach, as people will reasonably assume the stupidly high minimum specs are because the game is poorly optimised or ported to PC.

Soldato
The devs had stated that the 'minimum specs' were the minimum to play the game at decent settings, not the minimum requirements to play the game at all.

while I understand the intent, I think the devs shot themselves in the foot with this approach, as people will reasonably assume the stupidly high minimum specs are because the game is poorly optimised or ported to PC.

Agreed. Not everyone runs their games at max settings, max res, max AA etc...

some are quite happy to run their games with less details or lower the res, some are quite happy to run higher details but have less fps, we don't all want 60fps 1920 x 1080 as some don't have the hardware for this..

Many will look at the gpu specs and just think - not buying this can't run it, or nah its just a poor console port..!!

I bet if the game is well optimised a 5770 or even lesser cards could run this just fine with a bit of tweaking of the settings..

Soldato
Interactive trailer .....is pretty cool

Contains some mild spoilers though.

Today, Bethesda has released an interactive trailer for Dishonored, its upcoming first-person supernatural assassin game set in a steampunk dystopia. The trailer, much like the XCOM one, allows players to choose how the gameplay video progresses at certain junctions. In the case of the first choice, players have the options to attack a couple of guards, sneak around them, or “blink” past them – sort of like teleporting. From there the choices and pathways branch out widely, and some can even lead to death.
The gameplay is from one of the early missions in the game, so expect a few minor spoilers from the video, seen below. If, however, you want even more background on Dishonored, check out the mini-web series called Dishonored: The Tales From Dunwall, which hints at why the city players will find themselves in is in such disarray.

Soldato
Got this downloading on pre load from Steam, its 5.3GB? Fairly small download for todays games, unless half the game is missing and i've got another 5GB to download on launch day..

Really, really looking forward to playing this... I just hope its good. Love the style of it.

Associate
Quite excited to play this game, though don't know how long I'll stand it before getting bored... but I love the concept, these kinds of things draw me in :p

Soldato
Currently sat on a pc in a hostel in Stockholm before going for food and I just wanted to check this thread as I am very excited!

The specs are not that bad, see their point, but yea. Silly idea as most PC gamers will see this as a shoddy port and skip it :(

I just picked up a second 560ti 448 core before I left for the Netherlands last week and I'm hoping this will be decently optimised for sli!

Soldato
I'm all pre loaded and ready to run... I don't care if I have to knock a few settings down to medium, doubt I will have to... Even though 99% of my gamnig is now on laptops, I've got decent GPU's in them..

Game has full steamworks as well, no GFWL. You know, I've pre purchased this, and even though I know a little about the game and what its about.. other then this, no idea...

About time a new IP hit the stores... Just hope its good and this sells well. Bored of COD clones lol

Associate
I believe the review embargo will drop on Monday, prior to the US release date.

Just hope it plays as good as promised. Last game i got this excited about was splinter cell: conviction, and that tore my heart in two.

Back
Top Bottom