Ditch my Thermaltake Monster for...

Associate
OP
To those of you who already have the Lian-Li PC7+

I've spoken OCUK and they cannot guarantee that if I bought the case from them that it would have 2x120mm fans.

Now the question is: Does the case allow for 2x120mm but not supply 2x?

I already have 1x120mm fan which could replace the 80mm but it would need the correct fittings to support it I guess?

Essentially if i bought the version with 1x120mm + 1x80mm could I replace the 80mm without too much fuss?

Soldato
The can not guarantee, but they ship the 120mm / 120mm version.

Everyone I have spoken to in the last 9 months has gotten it, there are a couple of threads with others confirming this if you take a look. :)

Associate
OP
Maybe after the last 9 months they have thought that it's time to shift the old stock... that would be just my luck! Hence why I was wondering if my current 120mm would be able to replace the 80mm.

If they had 100% stock of Rev.2 then they would advertise as such. So there is always a chance :( doh

Soldato
Well, it does not actually control the fans with any input from me.

It displays RPM and the temperatures from three thermal probes that came with it, quite a decent bit of kit and looks quite cool on a Lian Li.

More for appearance than function though, but very nice indeed.

Nix

Nix

Soldato
Yewen said:
Well, it does not actually control the fans with any input from me.

It displays RPM and the temperatures from three thermal probes that came with it, quite a decent bit of kit and looks quite cool on a Lian Li.

More for appearance than function though, but very nice indeed.

Need... convertor...

Silver > Black

There'll be a war in CC over this one day.

I have the silver PC-7+ and my flatmate has black. Let me tell you again: silver > black.

That is all. :p

Nix

Nix

Soldato
Pwoar! *Rubs thighs* :p

PC2.jpg

Man of Honour
Nix said:
Silver > Black
Get an RC-810. Have both. Do prefer silver though (and silver doesn't show up marks and dust as badly as black, which is a nice bonus).

And yes, I've already mentioned the 2x120mm fan thing to OcUK bods (thanks Yewen). Because of the boxes all being the same, they cannot guarantee what you get, but it sounds like there's good odds you'll get what you want. :)

I almost bought a Xaser III as well, but stuck with boring beige instead (at the time). Don't know which is worse. :)

Associate
Wow I might be being stupid or something but, that is the first picture in which i've seen how sexy PC7+ looks! :eek: the OcUK pictures are SO plain! I think it looks better than the Akasa Eclipse and its not even THAT much smaller.. I think i'll choose the Lian Li for my first build later on :D

Back
Top Bottom