1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DJI Osmo Pocket

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by Jase, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Jase

Mobster

www.dji.com/osmo-pocket

This looks really good so I ordered one yesterday and look forward to trying it out when it arrives in 2-3 weeks.

For what I'll use it for it suits me better than a GoPro and will be ideal when I don't want to carry a big gimbal for my camera but want to capture some 4K footage. Also ideal for vlogging.

2. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

It looks amazing, I was going to get a gimbal for my A7 for some holiday videos but gave up on the idea due to size. This literally solves all the problem in 1.

3. Cyclone

Mobster

This does look good. I have the 7 Black with a ISteady Pro gimbal, and the Pocket is miles smaller than this setup.

I'll wait for videos from it but I'll probably invest in one in the near future.

4. Jase

Mobster

When mine arrives I'll post some sample footage or put an unedited file on my website for download so you can see what it's like.

5. Russinating

Capodecina

Trouble with the Osmo or any other handheld gimbal has always been the z-axis, and this doesn't seem to address that still.

6. Jase

Mobster

You can get z-axis stabiliser arms for handheld gimbals (although it's just more to carry) and there may be one released for this later but for what this intended for I think it's ideal.

7. The_Abyss

Sgarrista

DJI's rate of product development is fantastic. I can't wait for them to face up to GoPro directly and come out with something game-changing.

8. Yas786

Caporegime

Saw this come up in my emails so had a look and pre ordered one as I’ve been after a gimbal. Was originally looking at some of the indiegogo gimbals that are going to be released but none of them really caught my eye.

But this one from DJI is small and compact. Might get the attachment for it for my iPhone at some point in the future.

9. Razor-BladE

Mobster

This, and also a comparison with CSCs. I was thinking of getting a Feiyu Tech G6 Plus as it has attachments for GoPro, phone and CSCs, but depending on how this holds up, I might be swayed given how small it is!

10. Drollic

Mobster

It all looks great apart from the field of view, just too narrow?