• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

DLSS 2.0: why aren’t more people raving about it?

Associate
Due to FSR and TSR is replacing dlss

FSR isn't comparable to TSR or DLSS, image reconstruction vs FSR which is basically image upscaling with some sharpening.

AMD might update it in the future, even the consoles won't waste time with FSR in it's current form, why bother when image reconstruction is already available in software and works and looks better, never mind having dedicated hardware like with DLSS.

Soldato
simple answer for me its fake full stop. doesnt matter how much you dress it up, its fake and not native. doesnt matter if you cant tell them apart, its still fake. and the fan boys/girls can scream from rooftops, its still not native!!!!

Caporegime
simple answer for me its fake full stop. doesnt matter how much you dress it up, its fake and not native. doesnt matter if you cant tell them apart, its still fake. and the fan boys/girls can scream from rooftops, its still not native!!!!

And why does it matter if it is "fake" when it can achieve more or less the same as native or in a lot of cases.... better than native whilst giving 50+% higher fps?

Soldato
Never even tried it yet since my 980 Ti cant use it so very frustrating.

I would imagine i will notice the difference but it will get better and better in the future i hope

Associate
New Nvidia driver out that toots about DLSS in RDR2, but I already have DLSS so I assume it's going to be an awesome 50% fps upgrade etc.

and by new I mean it was out on the 19th :)

Caporegime
Played some rdr 2 there with the new driver update and definitely a fps boost of about 10 extra fps for me.

Started a new play through and it really is ridiculous just how much better it is visually now, decent comparison here:

Permabanned
its not about jaggies, without taa, rdr 2 does not function
i don't know about you but i can't stand rdr 2 without TAA. everywhere shimmers, foliage is not rendered completely, everything looks half baked, most of the stuff looks like they're pixelated and stuff

game literally breaks down entirely without TAA. it literally needs a heavy TAA pass to reconstruct tons of stuff / denoise lots of stuff

some games depend so much on TAA that they don't even give the player to option to turn it off (cyberpunk for example). rockstar is just being nice but in the same time its just a worthless gesture, being able to turn off TAA does not mean you should. if you enjoy TAA-less cyberpunk and rdr 2, all the power to you. wish I were like you but TAA is a hard compromise these devs started to make for their games to look "okayish" with tons of half rendered stuff

i dont care about technicalities behind it, i just know that its mandatory for this game

if it were only jaggies, i'd gladly shut off TAA. as a matter of fact, i shut of soft TAA applications in such old engine based games. but new games that are completely designed with TAA in mind literlaly breaks apart without it

Caporegime
its not about jaggies, without taa, rdr 2 does not function
i don't know about you but i can't stand rdr 2 without TAA. everywhere shimmers, foliage is not rendered completely, everything looks half baked, most of the stuff looks like they're pixelated and stuff

game literally breaks down entirely without TAA. it literally needs a heavy TAA pass to reconstruct tons of stuff / denoise lots of stuff

some games depend so much on TAA that they don't even give the player to option to turn it off (cyberpunk for example). rockstar is just being nice but in the same time its just a worthless gesture, being able to turn off TAA does not mean you should. if you enjoy TAA-less cyberpunk and rdr 2, all the power to you. wish I were like you but TAA is a hard compromise these devs started to make for their games to look "okayish" with tons of half rendered stuff

i dont care about technicalities behind it, i just know that its mandatory for this game

if it were only jaggies, i'd gladly shut off TAA. as a matter of fact, i shut of soft TAA applications in such old engine based games. but new games that are completely designed with TAA in mind literlaly breaks apart without it
Days Gone is exactly like that you should try disabling TAA in that it looks terrible.

Back
Top Bottom