• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Do AMD provide any benefit to the retail GPU segment.

Well definitly someone who don't care about innovation, as a good reason (if not the best) to prefer AMD over NVidia
And note that there is some kind of reverse logic with nvidia prices : the more their cards are expensive and the more people buy and are happy to encourage high prices by buying

Last edited:
Seems first European price leaked:

That would mean £300 with 20% VAT here. £50 too expensive at least.

Last edited:
Will be AMDiscounted within a month.
Why change a loosing approach?
  1. Release far too expensive (bonus if there are any last minutes drivers updates which just miss the launch-day reviews)
  2. Get poor reviews.
  3. Get poor sales
  4. A few months later, reduce the price by 20% or so and all driver issues fixed by then.
If the card had been reviewed as #4 it would have to great reviews, but that's far to sensible for AMD's marketting.

AMD's GPU aims for 2023 - get down to 7.5% marketshare!
AMD's GPU aims for 2025 - get down to 5.0% marketshare!

Why change a loosing approach?
  1. Release far too expensive (bonus if there are any last minutes drivers updates which just miss the launch-day reviews)
  2. Get poor reviews.
  3. Get poor sales
  4. A few months later, reduce the price by 20% or so and all driver issues fixed by then.
If the card had been reviewed as #4 it would have to great reviews, but that's far to sensible for AMD's marketting.

AMD's GPU aims for 2023 - get down to 7.5% marketshare!
AMD's GPU aims for 2025 - get down to 5.0% marketshare!
Also don't do QC/QA on the reference cooler or something else which means even people who want to buy are hesitant.

That seems a lot. I was expecting the 7600XT to be that price, not the 7600

Well something to look forward too above... ohh wait.... we have been there done that but more new versions... :cry:

I agree but at the same time that's the first GPU of this generation that's cheaper than the card its replacing, the RX 6600 at $329 MSRP.

Now it depends on what the 4060 will be priced at and i doubt its less than $400.

You can get an RX6700XT for £325.
New vs EOL pricing.

I'm not in disagreement with you :) but if we expect replacement generation GPU's to be cheaper than EOL pricing it wouldn't take many years for those GPU's to be $1, its accumulative, think about it. Or what would really happen is they will simply stop discounting EOL GPU's, like Nvidia have. Lets not go there and just be sensible :)
-------------

Okay..... thanks for listening, we will hold you to it.

New vs EOL pricing.

I'm not in disagreement with you :) but if we expect replacement generation GPU's to be cheaper than EOL pricing it wouldn't take many years for those GPU's to be $1, its accumulative, think about it. Or what would really happen is they will simply stop discounting EOL GPU's, like Nvidia have. Lets not go there and just be sensible :)
-------------

Okay..... thanks for listening, we will hold you to it.

Well it's basically a cheaper to make RX6650XT. The RX6600/RX6600XT had pandemic pricing factored in. At £300+ it's trash with only 8GB VRAM as it clear that larger GDDR6 modules exist. Purely a move out of the Nvidia playbook.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom