• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Do AMD provide any benefit to the retail GPU segment.

If AMD want to bring value to the market they need to start understanding the demographic. Stop chasing the whales and make good, affordable GPU's for the masses, especially the new (young) to the gaming space customers. Maybe they aren't as they don't want to tread on the toes of their console partners?

What product stack they've only released two products
I mean because they haven't released anything the past 5-6 months.

It will look bad if they just released 1 new GPU.

They can instead just re-release the 7900 xt and 7900xtx as the 7950 series along with the other GPUs .

I give Nvidia actually releasing new products albeit reluctantly as they want to leverage higher prices, AMD fing up and not even releasing anything in the stack is just fuced

They can instead just re-release the 7900 xt and 7900xtx as the 7950 series along with the other GPUs .

I give Nvidia actually releasing new products albeit reluctantly as they want to leverage higher prices, AMD fing up and not even releasing anything in the stack is just fuced

?

The 7600 is coming this month, likely with the 7700/7800 in the months to follow.

If the 7950's do exist they will likely be a new revision with higher clocks and will priced accordingly (presumably the 7950XTX will be getting very close or matching the 4090 so may well command a price closer to the 4090)

Last edited:
?

The 7600 is coming this month, likely with the 7700/7800 in the months to follow.

If the 7950's do exist they will likely be a new revision with higher clocks and will priced accordingly (presumably the 7950XTX will be getting very close or matching the 4090 so may well command a price closer to the 4090)
Didn't AMD say in their 7900xtx press conference no GPU should be above £1000 or something along those lines or am I remembering wrong?

Didn't AMD say in their 7900xtx press conference no GPU should be above £1000 or something along those lines or am I remembering wrong?

Well, i would be pretty stunned if they released a genuine 4090 competitor for £1000 anytime soon/this generation....

Last edited:

It does seem insane to me that half way through this product cycle they still only have the top two cards.

If they don't get a move on Nvidia will be refreshing their cards just as AMD decide they now have something to sell the rest of us.

Well, i would be pretty stunned if they released a genuine 4090 competitor for £1000 anytime soon/this generation....
It depends on what you mean competitor. Same raster performance or close enough? Sure I can see that happening. Maybe not for 1k but definitely cheaper than the 4090.

i don't want to see a situation where in a few weeks we get the 7600XT, then they go silent for a couple of months again before releasing the 7700XT, then Nvidia announce the RTX 5000 and AMD are crying "but we haven't finished releasing our line up yet"

Last edited:
i don't want to see a situation where in a few weeks we get the 7600XT, then they go silent for a couple of months again before releasing the 7700XT, then Nvidia announce the RTX 5000 and AMD are crying "but we haven't finished releasing our line up yet"

I would rather AMD releases their cards when:
1.)the hardware is ready
2.)drivers are ready
3.)QA/QC on the coolers is decent
4.)price it appropriately

At least get good day one reviews. If not you will have negative day one reviews. The R9 290X could have been one of the greatest dGPUs ATI/AMD ever released. But to save a few dollars on a better cooler,they rushed it out.

The RX7900XT reference cooler QA/QC problems and it being priced too high relative to the RX7900XTX,made the RTX4070TI look better than it should have been.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom