Do we have an Evo owners thread?

Associate
Evo's you say?
I've had a few :D

I wouldn't say prices are all over the place though. I'd say some are priced correctly and some people are dreaming. Prices have dropped a fair bit in the past few years and very few cars are selling.
An ideal time to swoop in with a low-ball offer if you've got hard cash ;)

Man of Honour
OP
I may give up on the idea of an Evo for a few months. People are asking way too much money for them, especially Evo 9's. There's some asking for £18000 and above. Jokes. May get another DC5 and run it till I find the right one.

Soldato
The steering feel is a double edged sword. It's wonderfully direct, but makes driving anything else seem like you are stirring porridge.

I wouldn't go that far, but the Evo steering is certainly direct. Great for when you want to drive like a maniac, not so good when you just need to cruise from A to B (must be showing my age lol).

Having owned both, I'd say the out-the-box Evo was a more honed driving tool. The Subaru fun and playful when you wanted it (such a lovely noise), but reasonably docile when required. Ultimately I though the Subaru was easier to live with. Ideally I would have had both at the same time; best of both worlds :D

Man of Honour
OP
So I went to view an Evo 9 today. I'm very close to paying a deposit. It's running around 1.7bar with the standard HKS exhaust and non standard HKS mushroom intake. Clearly been remapped, it was dyno'd at 370bhp and my backside dyno confirms it's ****ing quick.

Soldato
I wouldn't go that far, but the Evo steering is certainly direct. Great for when you want to drive like a maniac, not so good when you just need to cruise from A to B (must be showing my age lol).

Didn't see this the first time around - It really has had that effect on me - I can't stand any deadzone on cars now. Maybe i've been driving it too long, but it honestly doesn't bother me driving long distances etc

So I went to view an Evo 9 today. I'm very close to paying a deposit. It's running around 1.7bar with the standard HKS exhaust and non standard HKS mushroom intake. Clearly been remapped, it was dyno'd at 370bhp and my backside dyno confirms it's ****ing quick.

Get it bought ;)

What colour? Was it an MR/GT/GSR etc?

Man of Honour
OP
Didn't see this the first time around - It really has had that effect on me - I can't stand any deadzone on cars now. Maybe i've been driving it too long, but it honestly doesn't bother me driving long distances etc

Get it bought ;)

What colour? Was it an MR/GT/GSR etc?

Hi.

I've just paid a deposit for it. It's a UK IX FQ 320 in blue.

mitsubishi-evo-vii--ix-evolution-ix-fq-300-S348259-2.jpg

Man of Honour
OP
£12k mate. Leaving Honda as I've had Honda's for 9 years almost now, fancy a change and always hankered for an Evo. Now I'm in a position to own one outright with no debt and be able to afford to run it I think I'd kick myself if I got another Honda (unless I get a 2nd 'normal' one to commute in). Believe me I have considered keeping the ATR but it averages 28mpg and I'd be an idiot to have that as well as an Evo.

Soldato
£12k mate. Leaving Honda as I've had Honda's for 9 years almost now, fancy a change and always hankered for an Evo. Now I'm in a position to own one outright with no debt and be able to afford to run it I think I'd kick myself if I got another Honda (unless I get a 2nd 'normal' one to commute in). Believe me I have considered keeping the ATR but it averages 28mpg and I'd be an idiot to have that as well as an Evo.

I can agree that the ATR is a thirsty car. My commute at the moment would be better suited to a diesel or a small town car. Looks like a great car, enjoy the running costs. ;):D

EDIT: Found the Ad for it. Looks clean think it's a good buy considering the performance.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Yeah the ATR is thirsty but it's been a great car. I'll be genuinely sad to see it go but needs must. Onwards and upwards. Just a waiting game now till I can go and get it!

Soldato
Which sports car isn't Thirsty? Especially with the price of petrol and ATR wanting 98ron/above. I'm enjoying the ATR but haven't pushed it to it's limit in handling terms.

It is in a bit of a state at the moment but hopefully I'll sort it out over time as I do plan on keeping it for a while. I've realised that buying an old car will have it's niggles and in the future will purchase something much newer, still, that doesn't mean that car won't have it's niggles lol.

Back
Top Bottom