Do we want to beat the Germans or what????

Associate
Cheating is far too easy with TKC. It just took me less than 5 mins to work out how to do it.:mad:

Now that you all know that I know how to do it you will just have to trust me not too.

I joined this as a bit of fun and treat it as such. But if others are going to be allowed to get away with cheating. Then the whole thing becomes a farce. The element of competition disapears. I see notifications of cheating in the TKS Forum but no action taken as yet:mad:

I think there will need to be a modification to the software to keep everybody honest.

Rant over.

Consigliere
Originally posted by DavidMarq
Cheating is far too easy with TKC. It just took me less than 5 mins to work out how to do it.:mad:

At which point you explain how...sounds stupid but think of it this way. We have 100+ members and if we all cheat, surely we stand a chance ;)

Yet i completely agree. Any form of cheating annoys me tbh. It just ruins things and you're only deluding your personal skill level.

Associate
Originally posted by SiDeWInDeR
At which point you explain how...

I'm sure the majority of the people that use these forums including you sah, have the knowledge to work it out for themselves. Some may already have done it. I only bothered to go and work it out because of the recent cheating we have all seen. I wanted to know how easy it was.

It is very easy!

Associate
Originally posted by sparemips
Is working on one computer with one hand and madly typing with the other hand on another computer cheating ?

I think you are only supposed to use one computer at a time per account. So if you use TKC on both at the same time then that would be considered cheating. I don't think the random keystrokes are an issue as the rules don't state that you can't do that. The sort of cheating teams such as rat0s are involved in is a different fish alltogether.

Man of Honour
I can and do have TKC running on 4 computers, and I could if I wanted to have two keyboards next to each other and type on both at the same (well, almost) time. I don't see how that's cheating.

According to the rules, cheating is simply when you claim credit for keys you didn't press. A few keypresses from a family member who happens to use your computer for a while is no big deal. On the other hand, 4 million keypresses that never actually happened will raise a few eyebrows (hopefully the eyebrows of someone who can do something).

Associate
Originally posted by Berserker
I can and do have TKC running on 4 computers, and I could if I wanted to have two keyboards next to each other and type on both at the same (well, almost) time. I don't see how that's cheating.

According to the rules, cheating is simply when you claim credit for keys you didn't press. A few keypresses from a family member who happens to use your computer for a while is no big deal. On the other hand, 4 million keypresses that never actually happened will raise a few eyebrows (hopefully the eyebrows of someone who can do something).

I seem to have to agree with the above and obviously previously had misunderstood. I am considering having several more arms fitted to enable me to get more klicks.

Associate
Oh good - I feel better now.

I have even dug out a wheel mouse for this tkc - never really bothered with it before.

When I am actually doing something on a pc now, rather than just 'doing the keyboard dance' I alter how I do things to get the most key clicks / mouse clicks as possible...

Soldato
oh well, i suppose that i really should show my support for the team by signing up and running TKC on my machine(s) (?). So i have indeed signed up and am now running the client on this machine. I havent installed on my other machines since i tend not to do any typing on them and they run almost by themselves. With the amount of typed work (letters, XL etcetera) that i do, coupled with endless hours of gaming, i should be able to give a tiny boost to the teams statistics :D

Man of Honour
OP
Bit of a BOINC pimp here too....as you might see if you've browsed this forum, we're close to the Germans but it seems they've kicked up a gear and they're pulling away again :(

SIGN UP TO BOINC NOW! All you do is sign up from the site, download it, and let it run in the background. Easy!:cool: Mucho appreciated:D

Soldato
Originally posted by TheBeansprout
Bit of a BOINC pimp here too....as you might see if you've browsed this forum, we're close to the Germans but it seems they've kicked up a gear and they're pulling away again :(

SIGN UP TO BOINC NOW! All you do is sign up from the site, download it, and let it run in the background. Easy!:cool: Mucho appreciated:D

lol check the team before pimping :p

Associate
Originally posted by Mad old tory
Right, just to clear this up, randomly tapping my fingers on the keys doesnt count as cheating right??

"Users must refrain from artificially inflating statistics or submitting falsified statistics."

The above is what the rules say. But to my mind random keystrokes are genuine keystrokes and not artificialy inflating statistics. This is however opinion rather than a statement of fact.

Soldato
Originally posted by DavidMarq
"Users must refrain from artificially inflating statistics or submitting falsified statistics."

The above is what the rules say. But to my mind random keystrokes are genuine keystrokes and not artificialy inflating statistics. This is however opinion rather than a statement of fact.

Im figuring random beating on the keyboard is OK

Or ive been naughty.
blushie.gif

I'm using two keyboards too, the main one gets used for everything, the other just to rack up the clicks.

TDF.

Back
Top Bottom