Do you buy less from ocuk now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
OP
The website won't stop me buying from OCUK if I need something specific. However, the horrendous layout means I no longer browse the website. My wallet thanks me as I'm not making impulse purchases any more

Exactly, this is what I was getting at when I made the thread....and wow didn't think this would be 4 pages long now either. Guess I'm not alone then in how I view things.

You almost have to know in advance what you want before looking to buy it on the new OCUK site. WHeras before you could easily just scroll around areas and if I saw something I like I'd get. Now I don't due to the site layout.

I'd like to see a simple 1 click = 1 page, of this week only items . Without having to filter this and click on that. Yeah ok ok sounds like first world problems but surely it can't be THAT hard to have this week only deals in 1 place like the old site, without faffing about trying to add filters and click more things than I have to. The urge to spend my money gets halved for every extra click I need to make until I just go ..."ah ***** to this" and open the forums instead of spending money.

Is there no way to be able to have the option to view items in the old site format if you choose? A bit like a forum skin can be changed but the content stays the same? :confused:

Soldato
I use OcUK as much as I ever did. If I am looking for specific things, I will usually look here and Amazon, mainly due to the fact I get free next day delivery. Or if I am really stuck, I'll shop from OcUK and pick up in store. Less than an hour away now, and if I need something urgently, I'll just pre-order and collect

Soldato
I haven't ordered anything from OCUK since the new site launched, it's too much hassle finding bits and half the time the site doesn't work.

Not that OCUK will care as they claim that since the new site sales have increased.

Bought a few bits off the MM.

Caporegime
for last year or so the prices are often dearer than most other places.

the website as many of us here no was a massive mistake.looks terrible and functions worse than the old one.

Soldato
Not bothered about the new layout really, preferred the old design though.

Use the shop rarely but if I need a computer item, I will always buy from ocuk even if its slightly dearer. Free delivery, free hairibo, great customer service I presume, not had to deal with them so I guess thats a good thing:D

Associate
I've already vented my concerns about the awful new website a number of times.

I'm not listing them all again but seriously OCUK need to get their heads together with a professional website UX company and start again.

I used to browse OCUK almost daily whilst at work and occasionally buy something on impulse, since the change nada, not once have I thought to myself 'I'll just browse OCUK for a bit, see what's on'.

I only frequent the forums now, if it wasn't for these forums you'd be dead to me. Change the site already!

Associate
I haven't bought anything since the member on here had the awful service with a faulty monitor.
There are plenty of other sites that offer excellent returns, so I shop there instead, but I agree the new site is terrible to browse through

Soldato
Last item I bought was in October and since the site has had it's facelift I've found myself shopping at ** No competitor names **as I prefer the look of those stores and the prices of the things I bought weren't any different to OCUK's prices.

Soldato
I don't buy often, last was a fan. It's usually small things like that since I don't upgrade often, and when I do it might be second hand.

Then again you never know when I might need a new chair or monitor ;)

Caporegime
It is absolutely terrible, still don't understand how a computer shop can be so bad at websites.

While that is always odd, what I find worse is how truly awful a lot of university websites are being that both unis I've studied computer science/maths at have had absolutely atrocious websites. Come learn about all things computers(including programming modules and website design/it) from the school that produces a website that suggests the course content probably isn't up to scratch.

In reality I don't buy much from OCUK any more because almost nothing has been cheaper at OCUK even factoring in free delivery.... which isn't so free if everything costs way over the delivery price extra in the first place.

In reality I didn't really like the old website nor the new one.

Soldato
I don't upgrade as often as I used to. But if I do want something, the site won't put me off buying from OcUK. I've had enough experience with many computer shops to know which I can trust and the main thing which dictates where I buy is price.

Associate
This as well, as other users have said, prices are sky high.

The old site made it worth that extra, everything could be had within a few clicks all cleanly displayed in your basket.

Now... sheesh, it just isn't worth it. I'm doing what a lot of others have, taking my custom elsewhere. Shame because I really liked the old site and was always prepared to pay a premium.

Soldato
Step backwards for me, find it more difficult to find things. Used to browse a lot for parts but now its a bit of a chore. Just look at the offers.

I agree, definitely not as easy to navigate as previous site. Plus I hate background pictures, really makes sites feel cluttered.

Recently tried to price up a build for a friend but I gave up as it was taking me ages. Nobody likes change but this is more than a change, it just felt a bit 'for the sake of it'. Why fix what wasn't broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom