Do you buy less from ocuk now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I don't acually find the prices to OTT here, especially as I usually buy in sales like Black Friday, and the Today Only deals used to be much better IMO.I don't even really bother with TWO on the new site, feels to much like hard work :(
What would be better is if you offered free RMA returns, I had to RMA a doa mobo to the rainforest and was impressed that I could print off a free return label and just drop it off at the post office.

Caporegime
The new website is pretty terrible. Most web designers seem to go for form over function but this has neither.

Another new website that Is worse than the last. Seems pretty standard these days.

Soldato
Not sure why OCUK haven't reverted back to the old site by now. Seems far too many people hate it and if it's costing sales then surely it's a no brainer??

Probably not costing them sales as I'm sure they would have reverted.

It appears whether they wanted to or not they've taken on the same theme as caseking.

Caporegime
The new site is terrible, yes.

So long as I'm able to use it to buy things, however, the site will in no way influence my purchasing decisions. At least not consciously.

But yeah, they should have left the site as it was. At the very least, not made it more difficult (more clicks, more time) to navigate around. Which unfortunately is what they ended up doing.

Soldato
I think so yes, theres been a couple of bits I needed to buy, so looked on OCUK.

The new site layout annoyed me so much I just used a diff site to buy the bits I needed.

Admittedly I did use OCUK during the black friday event, because they had a couple of items i wanted that only took one click and not multiple menus to find.

Back before it got changed it was only one or two clicks before i was looking at stuff I wanted, its just not easy anymore :(

Soldato
The new site is horrendous I agree, but as I know OcUK it won't stop me checking their prices - though recently they've been more expensive than many of their main competitors and even to the likes of Amazon etc, which kind of makes shopping here pointless as it has nothing to offer over competitors. Website = shocking, support = lacking, prices = high. Only bonus is free delivery for forum members.

The website is so bad though it could put off people who don't know OcUK that well though - proven recently by the fact I recently linked a product on OcUK that actually was cheaper than elsewhere but he got it elsewhere anyway as he thought the site was dodgy, I quote "Looks like something I made in my bedroom when I was a teenager in like 1996"...

Permabanned
I don't really buy less, because I've been abroad until recently and so not buying anything. So I'm going from nothing to nothing.

However, I did want some new drives for a NAS, and wanted to compare various drive models and makes. A friend referred me here, but after spending a couple of minutes trying to work out how to get a simple list of categories of hardware, I gave up and bought somewhere else.

I wasn't going to say anything as it seemed rude, but as feedback is apparently welcome, yes, I bought elsewhere because of frustration with the site which I regard as highly unfriendly, and for a retail operation, horrible.

What I buy hasn't dropped, but the site did stop me buying here when I had intended to do so it stopped it going up. It's just .... so awkward.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Im surprised OcUK hasn't gone bankrupt to be honest.

New site is simply bad, but more importantly you can always find the items cheaper elsewhere.

Associate
The new website hasn't made a difference for me, I've still found what I was looking for. What has made a difference for me is the change in free shipping options for members. I was happy with receiving some items 1st class as that was usually next day anyway but now that's changed to 2nd class things take took long, especially at busy times of the year like Christmas. I've got a membership on the site with many trees and their prices are often identical to OCUK and the membership gives me free next day delivery so it's a no brainer for me. The only disadvantage being that the courier they use does not give an estimated time of delivery, however I've had items delivered on Saturdays and Sundays.

Underboss
I don't mindlessly browse the new site like I did the old one but I still use it if I know what I am looking for.

New site has saved me some money!

Soldato
bought a few things from the new site, admittedly one order really wasn't smooth having to re-enter details 3 times but subsequent purchases have been fine

not a huge fan of the new site but don't have an issue finding what I need on it.. the thing is overly cluttered though

Pricing? not an issue I don't impulse buy but generally there is only about £5-20 difference and most the time paying the difference for OCUK customer service I feel is well worth it

Associate
I somewhat feel people don't like change :D and are just used to the old layout to find stuff which is why they have issues.

But it did take me awhile to find "this weeks deals" damn thing hides in that side bar :D

Soldato
Pricing? not an issue I don't impulse buy but generally there is only about £5-20 difference and most the time paying the difference for OCUK customer service I feel is well worth it

Indeed. I'll happily pay a small premium for such CS. I've never had much luck with one of their competitors CS wise so it's certainly worth it should it go wrong.

Only takes one incident to sour the attraction though.

Associate
i think people are being a tad unfair to the new site too be honest..

coming from a long term customer i think my issue with the new site is, i am too used to the old one, the old one i knew where everything was and was fully used to the layout etc

the new site i just find there is too much going on if that makes sense so can be a tad annoying navigating etc

in terms of pricing yes OCuk has always been abit more pricier but the customer service you get from OCUK has been top notch i have had very little hassle when it comes to resolving rma or order related issues.

better than paying a little less on other sites and having a nightmare with returns etc, but thats probably because i usually like to stick to what i know.

that's just my 2 cence

Associate
The website won't stop me buying from OCUK if I need something specific. However, the horrendous layout means I no longer browse the website. My wallet thanks me as I'm not making impulse purchases any more

Soldato
I've found I'm doing a lot less browsing over the site on the new design which means I'm much less likely to impulse buy.

The overall design is too in your face and not laid out well and it is a bit harder to navigate now. There doesn't appear to have been extra filter options or an improved search engine put in so it does feel like a pointless re-skin rather than a full redesign.

I prefer buying from OCUK as the service is a lot better and they, in my opinion, by far the best courier service so I do still make my bigger, planned purchases here however I'm much less likely to do the smaller "oh, I like the look of that" purchases now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom