Do you guys know if there is anything similar to speed dating but for making friends?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What you want ideally is a situation where everyone is in the same boat (as is the case with speed dating).

Things like going to uni, club 18-30s, or even your stereotypical 'dance class' are all good because they put you together with groups of randomers who haven't yet formed their own social circles.

The whole 'go to a pub' idea won't work for everyone all the time because often there'll be little cliques or groups of people who are there together and it can be hard to infiltrate that if you're not a charismatic personality.

The one difference is pubs abroad. Brits seem much more approachable overseas, but again, that's probably in part due to the 'same boat' mentality, and icebreakers seem to come easier I guess.

Go in to the toilets at your local pub, wait for someone to get their todger out; this is a 'sign'. Go up to them and say 'what a fine penis you have, can we be friends?'. This will work, FACT (asim told me so)

Last edited:
Go in to the toilets at your local pub, wait for someone to get their todger out; this is a 'sign'. Go up to them and say 'what a fine penis you have, can we be friends?'. This will work, FACT (azam told me so)

1898894873a2f1e12359281768dqeh9l1.jpg

Knock on your next door neighbours door, and pretend you have just moved in, just say:

"Hi there, I am your new neighbour, fancy some toast? On Hovis of course! And a cup of tea? With mustard of course!"

how do you even meet people in a pub

find a table of girls with 1 or more spare seat, go and ask them "is this seat taken?"... (you know it isnt because you've been watching).... when they say no it isnt, you sit down on the chair and say, hello my name is bob what are your names.

Last edited:
find a table of girls with 1 or more spare seat, go and ask them "is this seat taken?"... (you know it isnt because you've been watching).... when they say no it isnt, you sit down on the chair and say, hello my name is bob what are your names.

MY NAME IS BOB I AM THE DESTROYER OF WORLDS

dvdbunny can make funny threads that aren't that serious in life so i can understand the replies in them but i'm really shocked at the amount of people that are being a git in this thread.

dvdbunny, could you tell us your age? would help us when suggesting ideas. if you are really just after making new friends work somewhere like tesco as there is a lot of employees there and a lot of customers you have to make small convo with so you'll quickly gain confidence to talk with someone and then from there friendships will grow. if you don't like the job then leave after a few weeks but you'll have new friends and a bit of extra money. supermarkets are great as there will be a lot of employees and a lot of odd hours to fit around your life, e.g. weekend and evenings. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom