Do you look forward to your partner going away?

Soldato
My partner is away next weekend on a hen do in London, and I'm (perhaps oddly) looking forward to it! Lots of pizza to be eaten, lounging around to be done and being a general slob for a weekend! Might be slightly productive and give the car a wash weather depending.

Do you enjoy the peace and quiet afforded by your partner being away for a weekend?

Yes. Unfortunately so far she's always come back :(

Associate
My missus is not much of a drinker, when shes away I ensure I relax, enjoy a few whiskeys and Guinness without being judged, potentially I make sure I've at least one night where I get hammered, and when she returns and asks what I got up to, "Meh, just did some work"

This doesn't happen very often, but I love the alone time.

Man of Honour
Can't remember the last time she was away. I work away fairly regularly and don't look forward to that, as she doesn't like me being away, but when she used to work nights it meant I got the kids to bed and played on the PS3, ate kebabs and drank beer. Worked pretty well :)

Commissario
Not really. I do those things mentioned above if I want to when she's around. Are you guys all wrapped by your other halves?!

Soldato
Time apart to relax is important, makes the time you spend with them all the better.

It also depends on how comfortable you are alone, some people need that space to relax every now & again - others find it difficult so it's a subjective thing to be honest.

Gaming session, a few beers - late night & bad food every now & again is nice every once in a while.

Soldato
My partner is away next weekend on a hen do in London, and I'm (perhaps oddly) looking forward to it! Lots of pizza to be eaten, lounging around to be done and being a general slob for a weekend! Might be slightly productive and give the car a wash weather depending.

Do you enjoy the peace and quiet afforded by your partner being away for a weekend?

my wife went back home in Feb I had a great time for a few days but I got bored eventually and it was so unhealthy hehe

Good in the summer though with heat and long days.

Doesn't she give you a list of "chores" to be done?

Back
Top Bottom