Do you look forward to your partner going away?

Soldato
Main benefit is to watch a terrible guy/action movie at scary volumes :D
Apart from that, everything remains the same.

I think the alone time is something everyone needs, whether it be at your job, a commute or chilling at home for a few hours alone. Need that once in a while :)

Soldato
No. I don't mind when she's out for the evening, nor does she when I am, but I really can't sleep in our bed when she's not there - this is after decades of marriage.

We do stuff together, we do our own stuff too. Why would I look forward to her being away just so I can do my own stuff?

If you're getting nagged at or being forced to do stuff you don't enjoy like watching soaps as 'time together' then you're doing it wrong.

Soldato
Right at this minute my mrs has got her arse in her hand - I think I said something so I wish she would bugger off to her sisters for few days -

Dave

Soldato
I enjoy it on the rare occasions it happens. When we're together I can still play games and what not, but when it comes to films and TV we tend to watch stuff we both enjoy. When I'm on my own I can watch whatever crap I want without worrying about whether she'll enjoy it or not. I can also stay up till all hours and not worry about waking her when I go to bed. That's a good bonus right there as I'm very much a night person while she enjoys her early nights and long sleeps.

You worry too much :)

1. Watch what you like. Whether or not she enjoys it is not your problem.
2. She wakes up when you go to bed because SHE is a light sleeper. It's not because you are too noisy. Again, it's her problem. Get her earplugs.

;)

Man of Honour
Hate it but love having a bit of time to myself.

Plenty of beers, gaming and pron till ealy hours. Only last time I didn't know that my smart telly kept thumbnails of the stuff i'd been watching from my USB stick :eek::o

Soldato
Very rare she's away, especially with the little one, so I embrace it with open arms when it happens, I tend to fully utilise the time by spending it in a smoke filled darkened room, gaming.

Man of Honour
yep. my 7 year old found it clicking through the smarthub. My wife wasn't impressed so I blamed my 18 year old son. Had to install a firmware update to remove the damn entries - Smart TV is a dobber :D

Soldato
Only last time I didn't know that my smart telly kept thumbnails of the stuff i'd been watching from my USB stick :eek::o
Haha! This made me laugh. I recently had a few friends over and I made a large photo jump up on the screen of one of the lads in the room cuddling up to an over-large woman with her top off. It also stayed on the thumbnails and it took a bit of explaining :D

As for the other half going away, I love a bit of time on my own. I get to watch whatever TV I want, watch stupid action films and play video games in my underpants while I eat large pieces of cake and entire share bags of crisps in one sitting. I sleep on the sofa whenever I feel like it (and lie all over the bed without any elbows in my face), drink beer and leave the cans lying around, and just generally make a mess of the place - and then leave myself enough time at the end of the weekend to dash around tidying the place up :D

Caporegime
yep. my 7 year old found it clicking through the smarthub. My wife wasn't impressed so I blamed my 18 year old son. Had to install a firmware update to remove the damn entries - Smart TV is a dobber :D

Ahhh nothing like a parent putting the innocent child to blame, you automatically outrank them so they don't have any naysay :D

Good effort!

Soldato
My partner is away next weekend on a hen do in London, and I'm (perhaps oddly) looking forward to it! Lots of pizza to be eaten, lounging around to be done and being a general slob for a weekend! Might be slightly productive and give the car a wash weather depending.

Do you enjoy the peace and quiet afforded by your partner being away for a weekend?

Yes. Very much so. I hate going to bed alone and I do miss her nattering, but it's good to just do my own thing, do what I want, eat rubbish, play games all weekend etc. I usually get a lot done too.

Soldato
would love to get rid of mine and the kids for a night or 2

just me and the dog dossing around eating pizza and playing xbox

Soldato
I love it! I even pay for it when the opportunity arises. Providing she takes the little one of course. ;)

Nothing better than 2weeks of bliss, 20 years in a relationship you see. :D

Back
Top Bottom