Do you smoke inside the house or only outside ?

Caporegime
Now smoking has been banned in many spaces here for a long time it’s really noticeable when you go to a country where it isn’t. As a none smoker I can it’s great being able to go to a restaurant or pub and not have to put up with it.

The funny thing was the old argument that the smoke somehow covers up what would otherwise be a pub/bar full of the smell of wee and BO etc...

I'm not sure what sort of grotty, chav infested dives some people go drinking in but generally no, pubs don't smell of wee/BO now that people don't smoke in them.

Soldato
OP
Does amuse me when people are more concerned about keeping their cars and home decor clean and smelling fresh than poisoning their lungs, heart etc. Who'd have thunk it. Ex smoker here who once was more concerned about the said mentioned than my own health. So ridiculous.
LOL

About 2 weeks ago my doctor was going onto to me about my smoking and I told her I quit smoking in my new car as I don't want it to smell of smoke and go yellow etc

Her Reply roughly was
You worry more about what smoking is doing to the inside of your car , but not about what it doing to the inside of your body..:o

Caporegime
LOL

About 2 weeks ago my doctor was going onto to me about my smoking and I told her I quit smoking in my new car as I don't want it to smell of smoke and go yellow etc

Her Reply roughly was
You worry more about what smoking is doing to the inside of your car , but not about what it doing to the inside of your body..:o
She’s got a very good point tbh. Did you take any notice?

Soldato
The funny thing was the old argument that the smoke somehow covers up what would otherwise be a pub/bar full of the smell of wee and BO etc...

I'm not sure what sort of grotty, chav infested dives some people go drinking in but generally no, pubs don't smell of wee/BO now that people don't smoke in them.
Actually I did notice that when the ban first came in. I assume that pubs realised that they needed to up their hygiene standards once people could smell them. There's still the odd smelly pub, but in 2007 it was like all of them were!

Back
Top Bottom