Does connecting more fans to motherboard affect overclocking?

Associate
I know this might be a dumb question.

I'm planning on connecting 3 fans per header (3) on my motherboard for a total of 9 fans. Is it better if I bought a hub drawing power directly from the PSU rather than connecting these fans to the motherboard?

My dumb logic says that it will tax the motherboard's circuit, but another part of me says surely they've kept the fan power circuit separate to the CPU and GPU.

Am I wrong or am I wrong?

Thanks all, in that case I shall plug in all these fans without having to spend extra money on a hub (and figuring out a space where it goes for my SFX build)

Well I was running 8 fans off 1 header last year, and I haven't killed a fan header since Haswell
That is quite impressive. I think with the amount of Y splitters I've got I can probably only get up to 4... for now

by any chance did you do overclocking on that board?

yep am running an Overclocked 10900k on Maximus XII. Arctic p12 Pwm Pst fans daisy chain, so link them up and go
I just realised I have a DC fan in my mix, so will have to go get another PWM fan... not too confident in mixing it up with the others (defeats the purpose if I go DC mode on one of the headers)

I should've read the manual... D'oh! Looks like I'll put more fans on the Pump header.

https://imgur.com/a/dwDjs16

dwDjs16

Back
Top Bottom