Doing things that scare you

Really?

You're aware it's irrational but you still Couldn't do it?

Fear of flying is an interesting one and I've met a few people who seem to have it really bad. One woman told me that she had always avoided flying until her honeymoon, when her husband booked them a luxury holiday in the Maldives. Under the circumstances she was desperate to go and took some measures such as seeing her GP who prescribed her some happy pills to help calm her on the day. They went to the airport and boarded the plane, but when the cabin doors closed she freaked out and had to be taken off. It was quite weird listening to her tell the story as she seemed to be an intelligent, attractive and confident woman who acknowledged that her fear of flying was irrational, but clearly she couldn't conquer it.

How we all differ. I've been a best man twice for mates of mine with no problems. But then I have never minded public speaking.

Yeah it's one of those things that if you're used to public speaking and comfortable with it, it's not an issue.

When you're not, it's very daunting doing it for the first time.

Fear of flying is an interesting one and I've met a few people who seem to have it really bad. One woman told me that she had always avoided flying until her honeymoon, when her husband booked them a luxury holiday in the Maldives. Under the circumstances she was desperate to go and took some measures such as seeing her GP who prescribed her some happy pills to help calm her on the day. They went to the airport and boarded the plane, but when the cabin doors closed she freaked out and had to be taken off. It was quite weird listening to her tell the story as she seemed to be an intelligent, attractive and confident woman who acknowledged that her fear of flying was irrational, but clearly she couldn't conquer it.

I do get it. There's always a tiny "what if" that pops into my head flying. I think it's lack of control for me.

But I genuinely don't know what I'd do if I couldn't fly. Would have anything to really spend excess money on.

Back
Top Bottom