• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintainance and upgrades.

Dom's Training Log

Man of Honour
As long as you're doing pull throughs I think you've got your hip-centric posterior chain sorted.

Thinking about it logically, glutes are only going to be a stabiliser on GHR if you don't break at the hip (and I think NOT breaking is the way to go).

Associate
OP
Yeah my thoughts exactly. I was also thinking I could do a couple of sets of GHR and then some 1LDL with the dumbell in the opposite hand to really work the stabilisers. This way the loading would be similar and I'm getting variety but also taxing the little muscles nicely but not over-loading them.

Associate
OP
No drama, just tired.

Squats
8xbar
8x50kg
3x8x72.5kg

Incline Dumbbell Press
8x20
3x8x30kg (going to reduce to volume on these 'cause I feel like I'm frying my shoulders and it's not really needed)

Over Head Lunge
3x8x15kg

Cable Row
8x100
3x8x120lb

Arnold Press
8x15kg
3x8x20kg

Face Pulls
3x15x80lb

No plank again today cause I'm lazy :p

Oh and I found out that the weight on the cable is pounds, nice to know I 'spose.

I really need to get on these but I will weight until Sunday, the at my gym the staff play football after closing for 2 hours so no one else is around. There is another 2 videos in the cycle which are also fun :).

Associate
OP
Completely dead in the gym today, although instead of taking 15 mins to get there it took 45 and I had to try two different routes before the third actually had traffic that was moving. Nice session none the less, slightly DOMsy from yesterday so I didn't push things too hard.

Goblets Squats
8x25kg
3x8x35kg

Bench
10xbar
8x50kg
3x8x70kg

Pull Throughs
10x140lb
3x10x180lb

Cable Row
10x100lb
3x10x120lb

Single Leg Deadlift
3x10x20kg (10kg each hand)

Pull ups
3x8xBW

So it turns out I'm too lazy to do core work :o, but I did do 15mins of rowing and about 25mins of mobility after the session, so that makes it ok :D.

I can't find a video of rolling your lat but just try rolling the whole area, I spent a lot of time doing this tonight and I definitely feel much better for it. The idea is not so much to roll up and down but pick a spot and floss over leaning forwards and backwards all the way up from mid-back to right up in your armpit. Hurts like a ***** if you get a good spot :D.

Associate
OP
You mean like the video I posted or is there one I can't find :confused: :)

I'm very DOMsy in the font of my hips and lower abs today :(, everything else feels fine but I think I will go ahead with a more intensive mobility session tomorrow, tear open my hips some more :p.

I'm also having more plans for the next routine, some of them involving OH squats ;).

Associate
OP
Squats
8xbar
8x50kg
3x8x75kg

Incline Dumbbell Press
8x20
3x5x32.5kg

GHR
3x5xBW
  • I sacked of OH lunge, I'm getting bored of them cause they are just limited by my hip flexors being too tight so until that's fixed I'm not going to bother. I think I'll do stepups next time.

Cable Row
8x100
3x10x130lb

Arnold Press
8x15kg
3x8x22.5kg

Face Pulls
3x20x80lb

Machine Row
2xfailurex60kg (just for fun)

Also did some curls and tricep push downs . . . You know for the ladies ;)

I must do this, damn ropey triceps :mad:

Man of Honour
I'm using OH walking lunges more as a warm down than anything else. Hip flexor stretch ---> OH walking lunge is a good combo. Like I mentioned in LiE's thread, adding passive load and/or working antagonists to stretched muscle groups seems to help.

My deadlifts were awesome tonight, I'll post the video tomorrow :)

Associate
OP
I'm definitely going to do them in the future it's just with my hip flexors being a bit pants at the moment and having to dodge people at Iffley it just gets boring. That is the only problem with going earlier, there are people there.

There are some bonuses though . . . I got to touch a girl last night :p;)

Oh and I've gone from being able to lean over straight leg and put my hands flat on the floor to barely being able to reach my ankles. Damn GHRs!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Well not definitively but probably in the hip flexor region. I spend too long sat down, you just sleep all day so don't have to worry about it :p.

Sweet would you mind bringing it down along with the other stuff I left? When is it you are coming?

Associate
OP
Good start to the day.

First thing, rolled out of bed and did some soft tissue and mobility. Focused on anterior hip, hammies and ankles. Twas good.

Now to sit in a chair all day and undo it all :(

Associate
OP
For me it's normally the front of my hips, it seems no matter what i do these are always tight to some extent. It really becomes a problem when it exaggerates my over extension of my lower back. I don't tend to have to many problems with my hamstrings, they just get Domsy.

Back
Top Bottom