• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintainance and upgrades.

Dom's Training Log

Associate
OP
Squats
somexbar
8x50kg
3x8x80kg

Incline Dumbbell Press
8x20kg
8x25kg
3x5x35kg

Cable Row
8x120
3x10x140lb

Arnold Press
8x20kg
3x8x25kg

Face Pulls
4x15x70lb

I did about 15mins of rowing at the end including some HIIT aand now I'm pooped :). More gymnastics tomorrow, yay ;).

Associate
OP
Impossible you can't do that you are broken. You must be mistaken...

*goes and cries in the corner because he is no longer the best :(*

Associate
OP
Gymnastics last night, it's still raping me but it's awesome, my shoulders are getting more stable and flexible each time I go.

However gymnastics on DOMS is one of the worst things ever!

Gym this evening and I'm going to finish of with some rowing again and I think I might have a little cool down run after as well :).

Associate
OP
Fun day today, and I actually did some core work :eek:! I didn't go for a run in the end because I got stuck in traffic on the way there so I was a little late but all is good. Also did my bench and goblets therr other way round today by mistake. Oh well I was obviously excited about benching :p.

Goblets Squats
8x30kg
3x5x40kg

Bench
10xbar
8x50kg
5x60kg
3x70kg
3x5x80kg

Pull Throughs
10x140lb
3x10x180lb

Cable Row
10x120lb
3x10x140lb

Single Leg Deadlift
3x10x25kg (12.5kg each hand)

Pull ups
3x8xBW

Ab Wheel Roll-outs
3x8xBW

Hanging Leg Raises
3x8

A friend had some "Perfect Pullups" like the pushup one but they hook onto the bar so I used them today :p. They are good fun and surprisingly a little harder, I was starting overhand grip and rotating as I pulled into an underhand grip.

Did some rowing HIIT again, I'm getting better at it slowly but surely. I'm still nice and powerful but I'm about as fit as a 40 stone man who has been on his arse for 20 years, it's disgraceful :(.

Finally, finished off with some stretching. I did couch stretch, hammies glutes and adductors.

Good sesh :).

Associate
OP
Well at the moment it's really boring and rubbish because I have really done it in about a year (my old club only did juniors). The stuff I'm doing right now is aimed at working up to getting fit again but I doubt I'll compete again.

My plan is to keep any pieces I do short and sweet for not so everything is sprints apart from the occasional steady state just to reinforce good technique and as a cool down.

The HIIT is very basic 3mins on, 5 mins rest. In the 3mins on you split it so you do 10sec ball to the wall, rate and wattage as high as possible, then 20sec nice and light, maybe 50% speed and then back to the sprints and repeat 'till the time is out.

Today I was going to change it and do some 250m sprints but with quite a gentle rest period, so I might do 4x250m with 2mins rest. It kind of depends how I feel after my weights session.

Like I said I'm very unfit but I'm not going to rush anything as it's not my primary goal. I will be going at on the water at some point next week for free :p, being a coach has it's benefits ;).

Associate
OP
Right so I basically got bored with my old routine and so just went in to finish off the bits I care about, namely squat and bench.

Squat went up to 85kg for 5 no problem, in fact I worked out my feet had been too narrow so I was missing a bit of tension at the bottom so I started going wider and found my sweet spot again.

Bench was also 85kg for 5 no real problems there but just found some tightness in my right shoulder that was causing it to lift up and me to lose tightness but that's easily solved.

I finished everything on Monday so I'm taking the rest of this week to try out some stuff before finalizing my next program over the week end. Yesterday I did the first real deadlifting I've done in about 8 months, everything was kept light I peaked at 100kg for a few doubles after several triples at 80kg to find my grove again and it all went great. My form took a bit of working out but I got there in the end and there was absolutely zero pain or discomfort on any of the sets and today I feel great, small amount of hamstring and glute DOMS but none in my back at all and only enough in my legs to know that I did some thing last night.

I'm feeling very positive about my recovery now, I think its all going to plan. Friday I'll be trying some front squats primarily but a few other things as well.

I'm very excite :D!

Associate
OP
Front squats, single arm dumbbell bench, steps ups and anything else new I can think about tonight :). I'm hoping to get a video on my front squats so I can get it up here. The weight will be very light I'm mainly just testing to see if I can do them :)

Associate
OP
New Program Time!!!!!!

sjxof.png

This one should get me back up to speed nice and quick. This week is mean to be a trial week because there is a lot of new stuff but if it goes well then I don't see the reason not to call it the first week.

Comments are welcome.

First day went like this:

Bench
  • barx10
  • 8x40kg
  • 5x60kg
  • 3x70kg
  • 3x5x75kg

Goblet Squats
  • 8x25kg
  • 5x30kg
  • 5x35kg
  • 3x5x40kg

Cable Row
  • Warm up on machine row
  • 3x10x120lbs

Step ups
  • 3x8x20kg

Medicine Ball Push Ups
  • 3x8xBW

30deg Raise
  • 3x10x15lbs

Ab Wheel
  • 3x8xBW

I'm quite pleased with it initially, obviously I've only done one day so we'll see how the rest goes but today felt good.

Associate
OP
I can't wait for tomorrow, that's the only day I'm really worried about but I'm just being a bit silly cause it's deads. I love them but I'm now a lot more scared of doing damage even though I know I'm not that guy anymore :).

Think I'm going to go for another ride today, I would have gone for a row on the river but with the car being broken I'd have to cycle and I'm not quite ready for two lots of cardio in a day ;).

Oh and I have gymnastics tonight, definitely going to nail the flip :).

Man of Honour
You basically had the front flip last time, it would almost be embarrassing not to get it... ;)

Also, jazz hands when you stick the landing :D

Associate
OP
Let down on the front flip side of things. I got carried away doing other things and ran out of time. I have to wait until next week now :(. On the positive side I actually did some swinging on the rings today, felt like a real champ till I fell of :D.

Back
Top Bottom