• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintainance and upgrades.

Dom's Training Log

Man of Honour
Tight hamstrings can be exacerbated by a front of hip shortness problem.

After many months, I can almost say I've defeated my tight hammies!

Associate
OP
Mine have always been pretty good, I've never had problems reaching the floor and if I'm not being strict on back position I can relatively comfortably get hands flat on the floor. I guess for me it was rowing as in each stroke there is a small active hammy stretch.

If your hamstrings are causing problems have a look at Inch-worms, put them in a warm up or just bung them in anywhere. They are also good for shoulders and ankles and everywhere else for that matter :).

Basically walk out as far as you can with your hands, little steps and try to keep your legs straight, then take tiny ankle steps to bring your feet back to your hands.

They are really good, I can definitely recommend them :).

Soldato
That's great fella, may start trying these on an evening.

I keep saying it time and time again but don't actually do it, but I seriously need to work on my mobility.

Man of Honour
What's a front of hip shortness problem when it's at home? :p
Sit down, grab a chunk of skin at the front of the top of each leg/hip area, stand up without releasing either handful.

This is a pretty good analogy to what happens to your hip flexors and quads when you sit all day.

Associate
OP
Yeah so today was meant to be a deload day but I'm fed up of doing such light weights so I ended up just cobbling something together :)

Goblets Squats
8x25kg
3x5x40kg

Bench
10xbar
8x50kg
3x5x70kg

Pull Throughs
10x140lb
3x10x180lb

Cable Row
10x120lb
3x10x140lb

Single Leg Deadlift
3x10x20kg (10kg each hand)

Pull ups
3x8xBW

Light weights are light :(. All of it was easy no drama, although it was varsity netball today :D, turns out I love netball :p.

Associate
OP
Oh my god.

I'm so tired 7 hours of coaching on DOMs from yesterday. So tired . . .

On a less wingey note, I had the chicken and vegetable packet meal thing that MP do and it was actually not bad as all. Pretty tastey, it's about 30g protein, 400 kcals and about 50g of carbs. Wasn't exactly mind blowing but something to consider if you are stuck for food but you have a kettle :).

Associate
OP
Squats
somexbar
8x50kg
3x5x75kg

Incline Dumbbell Press
8x20
3x5x35kg

Cable Row
8x120
3x10x140lb

Arnold Press
8x20kg
3x8x25kg

I was in a big rush today so I had to skip some exercises but it's meant to be deload so I call that my deload :p.

A couple of my friends started doing gymnastics a few months back and I've decided it looks like fun so tomorrow I'm going to go join them. Should be interesting :D.

. . .And sleep :).

Associate
OP
My predictions were very much correct, I was pants :p. It was fantastic though I'd definitely recommend having a go at some gymnastics some time, if for nothing else than the flexibility and stability it provides. Also I reckon it's going to give me ridiculous grip 'cause you spend so long holding on to everything :).

Best thing I've done in a while.

Associate
OP
Just had an appointment with my physio man. It was all mainly myo-facial stuff with consisted of him pull and stretching my skin across my chest so I now look like I've spent the last hour getting slapped repeatedly, however posture is now lush and everything muuuuuuuuch better. Good times ;)

Back
Top Bottom