• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintainance and upgrades.

Dom's Training Log

Associate
OP
Today's training :(

Tired.

Deadlift
180kgx3
170kgx3
170kgx3
170kgx2
170kgx2
170kgx2

Wide Grip Comp Bench
105kgx3
102.5kgx3
102.5kgx3
100kgx3
100kgx3

Squats +50kg Chains
120kgx2
140kgx2
140kgx2
140kgx2
140kgx2

Seated Row
90kgx6
100kgx8
100kgx8
100kgx8
100kgx8
100kgx12 - Finished with cheat reps for dat pump

Knackered now.

Also those squats were nearly 190kg at the top and they felt awesome :).

Another also, decided enough is enough and it's time to lose some weight. I was 85kg last night and 83-and-a-bitkg this morning. That is near enough 12kg more than I was in September. I'm going to start back loading properly tomorrow and see how much that affects my weight. I still plan on competing in the 83kg class for now so if I get back down to ~80kg then I will just stay there for the time being.

I'll put up some detes of this tomorrow along with some sexy pics :p.

Associate
OP
Ha ha, I'd actually forgotten about that. I think I might well leave it until next week now because the exams are taking my concentration. Its going to be skinny to fat to juicy actually because I'm using the picture of me the night before nationals in September when I was shredded :p.

I'm down to about 81kg now, so it's getting there :). If I can continue to lose the weight without having any affect on training I'm might keep going and see how low I can get. My training is the important thing for me, if my recovery takes a hit or weights stop going up then I'll change my diet again, I don't need to be as light as possible right now.

Associate
OP
Yeah I will be, but I'm not sure what category I will be in for nationals. I could certainly lift in the 83s and do alright but I could probably lift in the 74s as well which means I would most likely win and also set some records while I'm at it. If I wanted to do the lighter weight class I would need to qualify for it so I'd have to do another comp, around June time, in the 74s. If it's going to be very easy for me to get down to that weight and I can still shift the weights I want to then it's silly not to. However if the lower body weight slows my progression too much then I won't bother. I just need to see how it plays out, it's not a big deal either way.

Associate
OP
It'll be good for you and Ice while I'm left with a total 100kg short of what you guys will do :(.

It is going to be good though, I'm looking forward to it :).

Associate
OP
Yeah, so, yesterday's training was fun.

We wanted to be quick so I was super setting my wide grip comp paused bench with my deads so that means it wasn't entirely wasted :/. I was meant to be going for a two rep Max pull and warmups were going great so I decided to go for 220kg. The first rep went up very nicely, not to slow, no gives in form and felt easy. The second rep started fine but the started to shift to the left :confused:, then it started to pull away from me a little, not too much but enough to put me into a weaker position and make me fail the rep.

I didn't think anything of it at the time because I have had similar happen and felt nothing bad, I even thought about a second attempt, but after I had changed the bar and relaxed a little I started to feel something in my lower back. It was strange, it didn't hurt but it just felt a little stiff and kind of tight. I took the weight off it and it began to relax, after 20mins or so it felt well enough to have a little walk around, it definitely felt better but I wanted to try something else. So I attached all of the bands I could find to the top of the rack and hung upside down with them around my hips to get some traction on my back and get it to relax further. I collected about 10-15 mins up there in an few goes, then did some gentle rolling on it with a double ball and by the time we had to leave it was barely there any more. I have spent every chance since then with a very hot bag of grain on it and it keeps getting better each time. It now just feels like I deadlifted yesterday so everything is looking up.

Lots of time is going to be spent on it over the next week because I'll be damned if this little phaggoty thing is going to stop me busting some pbs in two weeks time!

Also did my wife grip comp bench up to 110kgx2 with a couple of drop sets which was fun :).

Video of the incident:

Soldato
Interesting read up on how that second rep went. Is it the same side that got fubar'ed by some tool walking in to the bar last year?

Also wife grip bench sounds interesting :p

Associate
OP
Yeah it was. I haven't seen it come back since so I'd be a little surprised if it was related but it could be.

Ha ha woops :D. However, that sounds like it would be a good challenge :p.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
First rep was lovely! I can see what you mean about the shift in weight, glad you got it under control. Hanging upside down batman style sounds fun.

Need to try me some wife grip bench press. Good job on 110x2, that's coming along nicely!

Associate
OP
Back doesn't appear to be a problem :).

Squats
barxlots + GMs
60kgx8 +2paused
100kgx5
120kgx1
140kgx1
155kgx1
165kgx1
170kgx3
170kgx3
165kgx1 I set up funny and decided to come back to it but I didn't bother because we didn't have time.

3ct Paused Bench
barxlots
60kgx8
70kgx6
80kgx5
90kgx3
100kgx2
105kgx2
102.5kgx2
100kgx2
100kgx2
100kgx2

Deadlift Meant to be paused but no time
barxsome
60kgxsome
100kgx5 paused
140kgx3 paused Also meant to be 2 but forgot
140kgx2 paused
140kgx2 speed reps instead
140kgx2 speed
160kgx2 speed
160kgx2 speed

Phaggoty gym closed early again, despite the fact that the roads are completely clear :confused:, everything was a real rush as well because it was crazy busy. All of the deadlifts were done in about 10mins while benching at the same time :mad:. Squats felt great, equal pb of 170kgx3 but for 2 sets this time :cool:. Bench was crazy easy, felt like nothing in my hands.

Back feels fine, maybe a little domsy but nothing bad at all. Very relieved :).

Associate
OP
My regular training is 3 days a week, Monday Wednesday and Friday, but I'm going to be going in on Saturdays more so I can do some Olympic lifting and maybe some rowing. That might progress to some strongman esque stuff when the weather is nicer.

Doms of peace today. Weirdly my upper back is lit up :confused:

Back
Top Bottom