• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

Dom's Training Log

Associate
OP
Mrthinyx: no it was just that it was free when I was doing it :). It is a piece of **** that cost over a £1000 and is pretty much useless for any real amount of weight. it is nice to have another rack in there so that the ***** have somewhere to curl but it would be much better if it was a decent bit of kit.

LiE: Yeah for my high bar I do and I will for fronties when I get into doing them. Ice and I had a discussion about it and it seems obvious to use them if you can because you can still improve ankle range, as a I am doing, but wearing them make the reps so much cleaner. My high bar without them looks pretty similar really, but the forward tilt out of the hole is exaggerated more.

Associate
OP
They are on my list for purchases this month I think. With me wanting to do more oly lifting they are going to be a necessity. £90 isn't all that much

Soldato
£90-£120 for something your going to use at least once a week for many years is really worth while. One of the reasons i brought vibrams, i wear them more then i wear my trainers, so really how worth the money considering they use they get :). I have considered a pair as I am really starting to love front squats, and now my ankle rom is better I would be happy using oly shoes. My old man has just moved to the states and is coming back with some vibrams this weekend :) if oly shoe pricing over there is like the vibram pricing I might pick up a pair while I am out there when I go visit :)

Soldato
Yeah I see my Vibrams and Adipowers as long term investments, although I don't think the former will last nearly as long as I wear them casually/out and about. Might buy another pair for outside the gym as I much prefer them in summer to flip-flops.

I'd like to think my Oly shoes will see actual Oly lifting at some point but that would require an appropriately equipped gym plus coach. I could have saved money and got Do-Wins or even the PowerPerfect II's, but I just loved how the Adipowers looked so paid the extra lol.

Associate
OP
03/05/2013

Squats
155kgx5 easy
162.5kgx5 PB
167.5kgx5 PB still more there, no need to take it further though
160kgx5 Ok tired now :p

3ct Bench
92.5kgx4
95kgx4
92.5kgx4
90kgx4
90kgx4

NG Rows
90kgx10
90kgx10
90kgx12
90kgx12

Videos to come soon.

Associate
OP
Thanks chaps, still working on these bloody videos!

I was tempted to go for something heavier but I have a mock meet on Monday so I do have any need to do anything heavier :p.

I reckon 175kgx5 was there but it wasn't supposed to be maximal work. Next cycle is going to be very similar but I might throw in a max effort 5 just for LOLs :). I'd like to think that I can get 180kg+x5 next time I try :).

Yesterday was the last day of my higher volume/lower intensity block. Deload next week along with a mock meet and then on to my lower volume/higher intensity block for a few weeks.

I like the structure of this cycle so I will keep with it for a while. It will be interesting to see how it affects meet performance. It could be that the first block of the cycle isn't specific enough for competition day but I think it will probably be fine.

Great gains are going to be had.

Associate
OP
Yeah, so mock meet.

Squat: final warmup of 180kg felt tasty so went straight to 200kg. Just missed it, as close/closer that the 192.5kg at the mini meet.
Bench:115kg felt real good, went straight to pb of 122.5kg, not too easy but didn't have to kill myself to get it up
Deadlift:200kg felt nice again so went straight to pb of 222.5kg. Probably easier than the bench so maybe 225kg was there.

All in all, pretty pleased. If I had gotten that 200kg it would have been a 30kg total pb which would have been jokes. I'm going to have a go at another mock meet on Friday to some degree or another and see what happens with the squat. I've got videos of the missed squat and the pull so I will put them up when I get a chance.

Since I have been looking at them recently I thought I might as well stick it up here, these are the records for my current weight category:

g8Lg6.png

(middle column)

Back
Top Bottom