• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

Dom's Training Log

Associate
OP
09/08/2013 and 10/08/2013

Deads
200kgx3
207.5kgx3
197.5kgx3

- 2.5kg off a pb, not bad. Getting there :)

Board Press
100kgx3
110kgx3
115kgx2+f+pain

- Pec/neck thing kicked me in that ass here, had to bail on the last rep :(

Finished training today

Squats + Chains
120kgx3
140kgx3
150kgx3
142.5kgx3
142.5kgx3

- Pretty pleased. Chains add roughly 60kg at the top. Probably more like 57kg but I don't care 60kg sounds better :p

OHP
50kgx5
60kgx5
60kgx5
60kgx5
PP - 60kgx10

Squats good. OHP upsettingly hard, for some reason doesn't bother my pec/neck thing at all really. Unfortunately I may have to stop benching again until it is fixed :/.

Feeling good though :cool:

Associate
OP
Reet sooo...

12/08/2013

Squat
185kgx2
180kgx2
180kgx2

Bench
nope :(

Paused DL
200kgx2 PB :D
190kgx2 ohmygodimsotiredwhythehelldoidothis :(

Arnies
25kgx10
32.5kgx6
32.5kgx6
32.5kgx6
32.5kgx6

So tired today, had barely any drive to do anything. I just wanted to go home and eat ice cream :(.

Video on the way

t9XPTkR.gif

Man of Honour
I did watch it but without sound as I was at my desk, so just assumed that bit was about dat width, but I've just watched it again with sound

Awww man! <3

I definitely mired the set up again, it's awesome!

Associate
OP
Wednesday's session was a little boring. got a new paused squat pb at 172.5kgx2 and no benching because dodgy. Chains deads went poorly, very tired, people smoking outside which was blowing in and rustling my jimmies so I stopped after warming up.

Yesterday's session didn't include much again but I enjoyed it more. Having LiE down was good fun, it's nice to have more bro who lift in the gym. I also nailed a new deadlift pb 220kgx2 :). Boom! Very happy with that, annoyingly my camera filled up it's memory so it cut of just before I touched the bar :mad:. I was going to go for 222.5kgx2 but after all the previous sets I was very fatigued so left it there. Also didn't do my chain squats because I was so cooked.

So this was the last session of my first block and bloody hell has it been hard, I have accumulated a lot of fatigue and I am looking forward to the deload next week, I'm also looking forward to the mock meet :). I might do my chain squats today, I'll have to see how I feel when I get there.

Associate
OP
So mock meet week...

In short, it didn't happen :p. I was so fatigued at the beginning of the week that I knew really it wasn't going to go well but because I'm so stubborn I tried it anyway. I gave 205kg a feeble attempt which was pretty much atg because I just couldn't get me head in gear. I am also still having difficulty benching but I am going to see how things go tomorrow so hopefully we will get somewhere with that. After the crappy squats I just decided to sack it off, did about 30mins of mobility work the went home.

Wednesday' session was pretty fun. It is my bridging session which is similar to a westside speed day but better :p. Felt like things were moving quite well. Did just over an hour of mobility work after the workout.

Friday was supposed to see the wizard but he had to rearrange. I had planned to go in and just mobilise for the entire session so that is what I did, 3 hours of it :).

So because Monday's squats were a bit of a train wreck and I still couldn't bench I decided that on Saturday I would just deadlift and see where that went. It went well :D. I pulled a pretty nice 227.5kg, 500lb baby! Because that was reasonably comfy I went for 232.5kg because that would have been a 10kg pb, unfortunately missed it but it got just above my sticking point so I reckon it will be there next time I test.

Videos of Wednesday's session and the deadlift will be up shortly.

Block Review
Overall I'm pretty pleased. This block was never really supposed to get me to pb territory is was just to get me prepped to lift heavy again since the previous 6 weeks or more of training didn't really go as planned. So to come out with a deadlift pb after nearly 4 months is a nice positive.

I accumulated fatigue like a bitch which was not really surprising especially considering the stress of the last few weeks and the shock of lifting heavy again. However there are definitely things I can do to mitigate this fatigue and I will have to implement them from now on otherwise nationals isn't going to be as spectacular as I would like it to be.

My sticking point on squats seems to have changed slightly so I have been considering some changes to the next block to account for this but I am not sure what's best at the moment. It might be worth replacing the paused squats with more chain squats since it looks like the stimulus they provide might be more beneficial for my current force curve. Needs a bit more thinking through.

Hopefully I'll be able to bench well this block, I feel like I am due something special on bench and I think I know what I need to do so I just want to bench now!

Anyway, new block starts tomorrow. I'm going to go over it tonight to make sure I haven't done anything silly and to see if I can implement any of the new theories.

May the gains be with you...

Associate
OP
Thanks chaps.

I've just been a little quite because I have been really busy and training hasn't been doing much, should change next week :).

Ice is on holiday. Don't worry he's back on Wednesday :)

PK, I am used to it being so damn slow off the floor. Flat backed lifters are normally slow off the floor, and it is not confidence, it's stubborn-ness :p

Back
Top Bottom