• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

Dom's Training Log

Associate
OP
Alright then Stoodles, just for you :p

I really should have been updating this but I just got a little lazy. I started a new cycle 2 weeks ago so I have been chugging away with the high volume phase but this time I have decided to do this block beltless so that has been a nice difficulty multiplier.

I can't be bothered to put up all of the sessions from the last two weeks, that would take way too long and wouldn't be very interesting because there haven't any PBs either, well every squat and deadlift has been a PB because I have never done a beltless block before.

Luckily enough I videoed nearly all of the session on Friday so here you go :):

High bar squats, I did 2x6 and the last set was 10 rep and I did 3x8 of 140kg on RDL in total.

Did the rest of the session of Saturday:

OHP
barx10
40kgx10
50kgx5
60kgx5x3
50kgx8x3

BOR
60kgx10
80kgx8
90kgx8x3
80kgx10

Face Pull
80lbx12
100lbx12x3

Inv. KB Press
8kgx10x4

Conditioning
- Prowler push, tire flip: 20mx6
- Farmers walk: 46kgx30mx4

Associate
OP
Haha, that did amuse me. He was overly happy that his posing would be on the internet. Such a *******.

I'm actually really pleased with the deadlift. All time PB for 5 is 195, so I am only 7.5kg off beltless and working very sub-maximally.

Associate
OP
I'm really pleased with them. I may have to extend this block to try and get more gains. This week should be the last week but I may abort that plan to make room for a new one filled with gains.

Side note, I have come down with some terrible respiratory/throat aids. It is making everything very uncomfortable and restricting gainsification. It started last Wednesday and is still here! I hate my immune system, I haven't been properly ill in ages and just when the gains are flowing this phaggot strikes. :mad: :(

/winge

Associate
OP
ULTRA-UPDATE!!!!!1111!!!1111111!!1!!!!

Not been very good at updating this and let's be honest there is no point me putting up all of the workouts from the last few weeks. I have videos for some of the workouts though so I will stick those up. I ran into a little problem with my pec/neck problems that I had a few months ago, this stopped me from benching for a few weeks and also caused some issues with deadlifting which was very annoying.

Equal pb to a belted max I did back in Nov/Dec:

After 3+ weeks of beltless. Last bit of good deadlifting I did before the pec/neck thing struck me down :p:

Again, 3+ weeks of beltless. 2.5kg off a pb, pretty pleased but I need it to be better:

Right so now back in the present. Last night was the first session in my 10 week cycle that runs up to nationals. No pussy-footing around things any more, it's time to smash weight ;).

Yesterday was a little tough, coming back from a week on holiday means I was so out of condition, this meant volume suffered a little but the weights themselves were agreeable. Pec/neck is feeling better but not 100% yet.

Squats
160kgx1
180kgx2.5 Had to have a cuddle to get the last one up :)
167.5kgx3

- But who was volume. 180kg would have been 10kg of a pb, that is the most weight I have had on the bar for 2 months and after a week of pasta and walking. Not bad but there is more there.

Bench
90kgx3
100kgx3
105kgx3
100kgx3
100kgx3
100kgx3

- Pretty pleased, was expecting this to go terribly :).

Paused Deadlifts
160kgx3 Hard
170kgx3 Bloody hard
180kgx3 **** off
175kgx3 I hate everything

- Had to strap up for these because the bar was tearing up my phaggy little hands. They were hard.

Chinups
BWx8
20kgx8
17.5kgx8
17.5kgx8
BWx6

Arnold Press
20kgx20 ? wtf? :confused:
25kgx8
30kgx8 ??
32.5kgx8 What is happening?
27.5kgx6
22.5kgx10

- That was weird. I think the most I have done before was 25kgx6. This was strange.

BOR
60kgx12
60kgx12
60kgx12
60kgx12

Fatigue. The bros made me keep putting weight on the paused DLs. I hate them now. All of me hurts :D.

Now for more gym ;)

tumblr_mpzttwaVU91sp9fcho1_500.gif

Associate
OP
Cheers bros.

I just got a little bored with logging as nothing interesting was happening but it was time for a change of pace so now is the time to make some gaaaaiiinnnsss! :p

Back
Top Bottom