Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I did read the whole link and watched the video, she was using Christine Cuomo deflection (surprise, surprise).

World Wide trials were happening before Trump mentioned it, currently their conclusions have been it has no impact but as I posted above I welcome more research, I don't think I've ever talked it down.

Why would you talk up a medicine that has shown no efficacy?

Never knew that.
Got a link to it please?

Soldato
Jesus H Christ didn't you read my link:

Just picking one of theses studies at random it was logged on February 7, 2020.

I think Trump originally backed HCQ on 19-Mar-20 and was slapped down by an actual Dr then next day:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/fau...ps-declaration-malaria-drug/story?id=69716324

Friday, Fauci, standing next to Trump, said “the answer is no” because “the evidence you’re talking about … is anecdotal evidence.”

I don't think he came up with the idea that hydroxychloroquine "might" have some impact on COVID19, the medical community are trying lots of different combinations, antivirals/drugs that had previously been used for HIV/Ebola/SARS) etc.

That's why the NHS and around the world are testing the drug....
Jesus H Christ.....

No it isn't, many studies have already been carried out showing no benefit.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Never knew that.
Got a link to it please?

Well, given that it was first approved for medical use in 1955 I'd like to think that it's got a bit of history behind it, but yeah, the Donald is definitely the one saving everyone by taking it (or lying about taking it, which I think we all unanimously agree is more likely).

Caporegime
Jesus H Christ didn't you read my link:

You're not supposed to re-paste the link, you're supposed to go "asked and answered in the thread" and then ignore all further correspondence. When engaging with Trump supporters you need to communicate on their level, they can't keep up with anyone who has an IQ in the triple digits.

Associate
Here is a review of HCQ studies upto 13th May

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.05.14.20101774v2

"It summarizes eleven studies (3 controlled trials and 8 observational/retrospective efforts), totaling 2354 patients receiving HCQ (alone or in combination) and 1952 controls. Overall, there was no difference in viral clearance. No difference in symptomatic improvement. No difference in overall mortality. The only clear difference between the two groups was in adverse effects, which were (on again) higher in the HCQ treat population"

Lots of good science on HCQ and Covid-19 over at: https://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/

HCQ is junk. It need to be put to bed.

Soldato
Here is a review of HCQ studies upto 13th May

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.05.14.20101774v2

"It summarizes eleven studies (3 controlled trials and 8 observational/retrospective efforts), totaling 2354 patients receiving HCQ (alone or in combination) and 1952 controls. Overall, there was no difference in viral clearance. No difference in symptomatic improvement. No difference in overall mortality. The only clear difference between the two groups was in adverse effects, which were (on again) higher in the HCQ treat population"

Lots of good science on HCQ and Covid-19 over at: https://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/

HCQ is junk. It need to be put to bed.

Look, they are just medical trials by experts in their field, what do they know. Trump says it's interesting and is possibly a cure, that's good enough for the MAGA morons and anyway, [DrPepper]What's the worse that can happen?[/DrPepper]

Man of Honour
I really don’t see what the fuss is. If Trump is taking the drug for that reason then that’s his call.

I also don’t get why anyone would be pleased (with a ‘:)‘) about a trial taking place after Trump has chosen to take the drug. Just... why celebrate that?

Meh.

Caporegime
NHS staff to be given hydroxychloroquine in a trial, funny that... weren't the corporate media and anti-Trumpers calling Trump dangerous for even suggesting it just because some idiot drank some fish tank cleaner which contained a trace amount amongst a bunch of other stuff?

Soldato
NHS staff to be given hydroxychloroquine in a trial, funny that... weren't the corporate media and anti-Trumpers calling Trump dangerous for even suggesting it just because some idiot drank some fish tank cleaner which contained a trace amount amongst a bunch of other stuff?

It's a medical trial, you know, one of those things you're supposed to do before you go on national TV and tout your wonder drug.

In addition, this trial is looking at whether it can prevent covid19 whereas previous trials looked at whether it could treat.

Why do people have trouble understand how a president with a huge pool of influence touting a drug with significant side effects, for a purpose for which it hasn't been tested, during a global pandemic, might be problematic?

Soldato

As posted above many trials have already been done showing HCQ (predating Trumps interest) had no benefit, I welcome more thorough/clinical studies to put this to bed once and for all.

Soldato
That's why the NHS and around the world are testing the drug....
Jesus H Christ.....

I just have to say a BIG thank you Ronald Dion DeSantis.
Not only was FL the only state to get it right.
The other states are following.... ;)
Are you religious or something as you've used the term "Jesus H Christ" on multiple occasions now, anyway that's rather besides the point as whether your attempting a divine fallacy or an appeal to stone it's still faulty reasoning on your behalf.

Like i said, and you conveniently ignored "you shouldn't be taking random drugs simply because you heard good things about them, that you should wait until there's conclusive proof that a particular drug has the desired effect" so please do tell me where is Trump's conclusive proof that Hydroxychloroquine has the desired effect? Oh that's right he doesn't have any because like you said that's still being TESTED.

Caporegime
Are you religious or something as you've used the term "Jesus H Christ" on multiple occasions now, anyway that's rather besides the point as whether your attempting a divine fallacy or an appeal to stone it's still faulty reasoning on your behalf.

Like i said, and you conveniently ignored "you shouldn't be taking random drugs simply because you heard good things about them, that you should wait until there's conclusive proof that a particular drug has the desired effect" so please do tell me where is Trump's conclusive proof that Hydroxychloroquine has the desired effect? Oh that's right he doesn't have any because like you said that's still being TESTED.

He's obviously been around the grownups again and has heard some new words. The drug has been known to people since 1638, however only started to see proper interest in the 1940s. The drug, as we know it today, has been unchanged since 1945.

Of course these facts are all conveniently omitted by Trump's zealots, Trump discovered it, Trump is the saviour.

Soldato
More like what an idiot, a 5th grader could tell you quinine has been used as a drug for the last 4 centuries, that it used to be used in Rome in the 1600's to treat malaria, and that yet again the link you provided proves what people are trying to tell you, that you shouldn't just take random drugs without knowing what the hell you're doing and what their side effects are, I mean you've literally posted a link to an article that goes to show what the possible consequences of doing that are and about a guy who speaks from experience.

Person with two brain cells: Don't take random drugs in the hope they'll make you better without understanding if they will.

Cuomo: I'm going to take a random drug in the hope they'll make me better without understanding if they will.

Trump: I'm going to take a random drug in the hope they'll make me better without understanding if they will.

Cuomo: Don't do that, when i did that it made me worse.

McEnany: Cumo is a hypocrite because he took a random drug in the hope it would make him better and it made him sick so he's in no place to advise Trump on the effects of taking random drug in the hope they'll make things better without understanding if they will.
I really don’t see what the fuss is. If Trump is taking the drug for that reason then that’s his call.

I also don’t get why anyone would be pleased (with a ‘:)‘) about a trial taking place after Trump has chosen to take the drug. Just... why celebrate that?

Meh.
What someone does in private is entirely up to them (within the law), however Trump decided to make what he does in private public when he told the world, if that was you or I it wouldn't matter much as we don't have audiences in the billions and have limited influence, however that's not the case for the POTUS, as much as some people may not like it words matter and for someone of the POTUS' power and influence they matter a great deal.

Last edited:
Soldato
More like what an idiot, a 5th grader could tell you quinine has been used as a drug for the last 4 centuries, that it used to be used in Rome in the 1600's to treat malaria, and that yet again the link you provided proves what people are trying to tell you, that you shouldn't just take random drugs without knowing what the hell you're doing and what their side effects are, I mean you've literally posted a link to an article that goes to show what the possible consequences of doing that are and about a guy who speaks from experience.

Person with two brain cells: Don't take random drugs in the hope they'll make you better without understanding if they will.

Cuomo: I'm going to take a random drug in the hope they'll make me better without understanding if they will.

Trump: I'm going to take a random drug in the hope they'll make me better without understanding if they will.

Cuomo: Don't do that, when i did that it made me worse.

McEnany: Cumo is a hypocrite because he took a random drug in the hope it would make him better and it made him sick so he's in no place to advise Trump on the effects of taking random drug in the hope they'll make things better without understanding if they will.

What someone does in private is entirely up to them (within the law), however Trump decided to make what he does in private public when he told the world, if that was you or I it wouldn't matter much as we don't have audiences in the billions and have limited influence, however that's not the case for the POTUS, as much as some people may not like it words matter and for someone of the POTUS' power and influence they matter a great deal.
Quinine has many good uses also. Especially tonic water which contains quinine. I have been told by my GP and other Drs to take quinine to relieve leg cramps at night and if the tonic water doesn't help much I can get tablets which are are stronger. Quinine it's self does have some usefulness.

Permabanned
Trumps re-election strategy....focusing on all the good work he has done over the past few years of course? WRONG.

Its Obamas fault
CT about Obama corruption, lock him up
CT about the WHO
CT about China
CT about mail in voter fraud
Forcing states to open as quickly as possible, praying with his fat little hands that the economy bounces back within a few months(lol) as its all he has, else he will lose by a landslide.

Soldato
But but but.... Donald.

He is a CT nut, of course he's going to believe what people tell him on the phone over actual scientific studies. This is a man who never used to even believe in vaccines. If another nation comes up with a working safe vaccine before the US he'll probably say he's heard it isn't safe and won't take it.

https://detroit.cbslocal.com/2020/0...r-19-years-to-treat-lupus-still-got-covid-19/

Soldato
Trumps re-election strategy....focusing on all the good work he has done over the past few years of course? WRONG.

Its Obamas fault
CT about Obama corruption, lock him up
CT about the WHO
CT about China
CT about mail in voter fraud
Forcing states to open as quickly as possible, praying with his fat little hands that the economy bounces back within a few months(lol) as its all he has, else he will lose by a landslide.

There is no way its bouncing back in a few months. A lot of companies will no longer exist. Any that were struggling before will be gone, once the furlough payments stop they will just lay everyone off. Retail was already on its knees before this, high streets and shopping malls will be ghost towns after this. Personal debt which was already high will have exploded as people have been forced to put everything on credit cards. It is going to be terrible for quite a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom