Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
You know something has gone wrong with society when people start getting upset at a private company pointing out when a government is lying.

You'd think this is exactly the sort of thing the libertarian right would be staunch supporters of....

Soldato
You still have not answered the question and neither does you link.

Where are the 'official taxonomical' names for Ebola, Zika virus' etc?
Your reading skills are atrocious.
I'm not sure why the location of the 'official taxonomical' names for Ebola, Zika virus' etc? is relevant but as you seem to be incapable of using Google, it's here, unfortunately you're actual going to have to put in some effort and search the International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses website for yourself as spoon feeding only goes so far before i accuse you of being obtuse, either deliberately so or naturally.

Soldato
It's off topic now anyway..... you link does not answer the question.
So something you asked for less than 2 hours ago is OT, pull the other one.

And yes the link answers the question it's just that you don't want to use the sites built in search, for example here are the results for Ebola virus, if you can't use the search function there's not much else i can do to help you as that's about as basic as things get.

Soldato
That's the mod's stance not mine, read the thread.
I'm sure the mods are more than capable of deciding that for themselves and don't need you or I backseat modding for them.

Personally i think questioning your motives for calling it the 'Wuhan Coronavirus' is very much OT as you've clearly followed Trumps lead and while we can't question Trump about his motives we can ask if you've considered what his motives are and if you are in turn aping those.

Soldato
Getting less money from where ?

The GDP for NY state is 1.76 Trillion a year and counting.
Florida state GDP is $815,073,000,000.

The NY state will get more this year as they taxed out of state people that came to help personal tax.
The robbing git.

Getting less money from the federal government for COVID than other states. NY has been the state that's kept others afloat for many years, and now when they needed the funding for things to deal with COVID, it wasn't given. You should read up on the things you post a bit more before spouting rubbish.

Soldato
I'm sure the mods are more than capable of deciding that for themselves and don't need you or I backseat modding for them.

I was just following the advice/warning given by Maccy.

My interest in this subject has nothing to do with trump and never did. you and others did that as you seem to be looking for a non existent motive.

Soldato
Getting less money from the federal government for COVID than other states. NY has been the state that's kept others afloat for many years, and now when they needed the funding for things to deal with COVID, it wasn't given. You should read up on the things you post a bit more before spouting rubbish.

What the hell are you on about?

NY does not give money to any other state.
The Federal money is different from state. He got enough cash for all the legal tax payers.

But if he want's to give that money away to other people. That's his fault.

Soldato
it's been a while when a trump fan pretends not to be a trump fan, and then copies trump at every turn and repeats the latest sound bite as soon as trump says it. i guess it's just coincidence that as soon as trump starts calling it the chinese virus that others like plasmahal copy this

Clearly you are blinded by hate to even read my posts and understand them....

I clearly stated that 'Chinese Virus' that trump used is something i disagree with.

I do agree with CNN's use of 'Wuhan CoronaVirus' is more accurate based on previous virus names.

But hey, you carry on making things up.

p.s. If you can find a post where I claimed to be a trump fan, good luck.

Soldato
Clearly you are blinded by hate to even read my posts and understand them....

I clearly stated that 'Chinese Virus' that trump used is something i disagree with.

I do agree with CNN's use of 'Wuhan CoronaVirus' is more accurate based on previous virus names.

But hey, you carry on making things up.

p.s. If you can find a post where I claimed to be a trump fan, good luck.
How is Wuhan virus ok but Chinese isn't? What other viruses are named after the location they were first discovered then?

Soldato
I was just following the advice/warning given by Maccy.
Like i said, I'm quiet sure the mods are perfectly capable of speaking for themselves and don't need you or I to interpret things for them, if you or I's post were not on topic or insulting I'm confident that they would be called out specifically.
My interest in this subject has nothing to do with trump and never did. you and others did that as you seem to be looking for a non existent motive.
If you have no interest in the subject and think it has nothing to do with Trump then why do you keep calling it the 'Wuhan Virus' in a thread about Trump. Clearly you think it is relevant as otherwise you'd be using the correct name , clearly you think it relates to Trump otherwise, well, you wouldn't be posting it in the thread about Trump.

Personally I'd say discussion of how Trump is handling the pandemic is very much on topic and unless it's Trump who's referring to the virus in a manner that has the potential to stigmatize a particular race that anyone else doing so is what's off topic, but that's just my opinion.

Soldato
If you have no interest in the subject and think it has nothing to do with Trump then why do you keep calling it the 'Wuhan Virus' in a thread about Trump.

I didn't call it that... :rolleyes:

Clearly you think it is relevant as otherwise you'd be using the correct name

I did based on CNN's usage.

Personally I'd say discussion of how Trump is handling the pandemic is very much on topic

You are deflecting now as i did not ask about how trump is handling the pandemic.

Soldato
You got a link?

Sorry, I thought your initial question was because you actually wanted to know the answer and as such might have put a modicum of effort in finding it (like type into google :p) when someone pointed you the direction. But, none the less, here you go

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41564-020-0709-x

Not sure that's the exact article Snail was referring to, but it goes into some depth about the reasoning behind why the nomenclature of Virus taxonomy is based on the classical Linnaean hierarchical system of organisms.

Now that I answered your question, can you please answer mine and explain to me what in Murphys post was a deflection?

Soldato
Sorry, I thought your initial question was because you actually wanted to know the answer and as such might have put a modicum of effort in finding it (like type into google :p) when someone pointed you the direction. But, none the less, here you go

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41564-020-0709-x

Not sure that's the exact article Snail was referring to, but it goes into some depth about the reasoning behind why the nomenclature of Virus taxonomy is based on the classical Linnaean hierarchical system of organisms.

Now that I answered your question, can you please answer mine and explain to me what in Murphys post was a deflection?

I did google it and pages of articles but not the one that was originally posted. Thanks for posting the link.

It answers some questions and in way proves the media pushes the name they prefer.

For example, Ebola virus (EBOV) so EBOV-14 would have been an official name but media used 'Ebola Virus'.

so that makes sense to what I was referring to (not trump related as some people seem to persist with).

wuhan coronavirus = COVID-19

Ebola virus (2014 outbreak) = EBOV-14

Table 1 show the full current classification and taxa demarcation criteria of two viruses with RNA genomes, Ebola virus (EBOV) and severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus (SARS-CoV). Both viruses are well-known human pathogens and members of the species Zaire ebolavirus and Severe acute respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus, respectively. Although both of these viruses infect humans, they differ taxonomically in the ranks that are populated and the demarcation criteria that define the taxa.

Which post by murphy, i have slept since then...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom