Don't remember how to do it

Soldato
-Click the network icon in your bottom-right taskbar (either a wireless icon or a ethernet icon) to bring up the network sidebar
-Click "View connection settings" at the top of that sidebar
-Click on the active network (either ethernet or wifi)
-Check that the IPv4 address is 192.168.0.9

Soldato
Yep, seems a bit unusual that your were assigned 9, means you have 7 other devices that have been assigned an IP. I would have thought your IP would be more like 192.168.0.2. Almost definately an IP issue.

Soldato
Yep, that'll be the problem.
Change the port forwarding settings on the router first to make sure it work when forwarding to 192.168.0.2

Once you've got it working, looks for "dhcp reservations" in the router settings so you can make sure your computer always gets this address when it connects to your network.

Soldato
I guess you've changed it because we're getting closer now! I can connect to your site (but I'm getting a "403 Forbidden" Error)

Right click on the "www" folder and go into properties then security tab. Click Edit button to change permissions then click Add button for new user. Type IUSR as the username and click the box for Read+Execute permission.

edit: does anyone know if apache needs different permissions?

Soldato
It's working now, I can connect to http://81.96.67.248 , even though it says, 'You don't have permission to access / on this server' it still connects, you will now have to forward your IP in the website you bought the domain name from. Finally you will probably have to mess around with the apache config files a bit, httpd.conf I think.

Soldato
Ok www.ronuk.org now works. Well done. Just need some actually content now, i.e an index.html and whatever other pages your going to have. As I said you may have to mess with httpd.conf and other config files, especially if your using php or/and mysql. The default settings may work ok though, I haven't done this for ages. Quite enjoyed that.

Associate
OP
Click Edit button to change permissions then click Add button for new user. Type IUSR as the username and click the box for Read+Execute permission.
I Don't SEE read & execute permissions?is it on the security page?

lol im you've had a good time lol im sweating now

do i read & execute, then advanced, then ive got IUSR AT TOP SAYS <NOT INHERITED>

Soldato
when you click add and type in IUSR, press ok and it will add IUSR to the list. Then select IUSR from the list and in the box below it shows all permissions for that user, tick the box that says Read&Execute.

Soldato
Ok, that's it set up the way I was trying to explin (you can click the edit button to get the check boxes).
It's still not working though so I must be wrong with the permissions. I only use IIS so maybe Apache is different. You'll need to google what permissions are required for running an Apache webserver, or maybe somebody else on here knows?

Associate
OP
Thank you for all your help and sweat, im almost there ,there is sooooo many choices now since win xp, but i really are grateful & appreciative of you so far, i felt like you were my personal helper lol any HAVE SOME TEA NOW thanks(CAN I GET YOU SOME LOL)

ANY TIME YOUR IN BRIGHTON , COME AND SEE US

Permabanned
To be fair I'm gunna be honest here.... you probably faffed about with that many settings I recommend you seriously go back to default. You using windows right with apache? Or is it WAMP?

When I get home in 1 hour do me a favour and give me team viewer and I'll fix it and show you where you went wrong.

Trust message me your ID and password of TeamViewer and I'll help.

I noticed you haven't enabled the trust system on here yet. In that case drop me an email: mrbell1984(at)me.com

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Oh, if you could please, i was running wamp Server but ive gone back to Xamp on C: now. I was that much "" from being online but theres something stopping it. So if you don't mind id be very gratefull. I didn'I t like to email you again coz i can see you've got a lot on your plate. I tried to get on Google but that was just as bad (unless you now what you are doing) so i went back to MY PC AND tried running it from there (what a joke lol))
I was on the net about 15yrs but had to leave it coz my wife was ill (she's Died now) ago BUT how the net has changed.I now about "don't run it of your own server" but thought id rather play around with this than struggle with Google.
I need someone to show me step by step how to get on with my site with PC. Thank you very much.

Associate
OP
I BET YOUR SWEATING NOW, thank you very much id like to give you some thing but its not possible like this, i can only say thank you very much i would never ever have done that, thanks again

Back
Top Bottom