download feastival 2006

Soldato
The whole weekend was really good. Spent most of it sat up on slope near the billboard plastered thing and beer tent. Thank god for factor 40 sun cream ;)

Favourite bands of the weekend
Friday - Soil, Soulfly and Tool.

Saturday - Stone Sour, Avenged Sevenfold, Henry Rollins and Metallica (whole of Master of Puppets live...it don't get any better than that)

Sunday - Breed 77, 36 Crazyfists, Hundred Reasons and Fightstar

Biggest let downs Deftones (3rd time I've seen them and they just don't seem to work live), GnR (good when they could be bothered but for god sake a rendition of Beautiful????? and a piano solo??? Axl re-enforced his status as biggest prima-donna in rock history as well and it seems to be rubbing off on the rest of the band...)

It’ll be a shame if the idiots on Sunday night cause problems for next year. Suppose we won’t know for sure for a while.

Soldato
What a fantastic weekend! First point I have to make is why did G n R close the festival?? A terrible choice IMO, I don't like them anyway (neither did a lot of the crowd, it is a metal festival mainly) and they are AWFUL live. Axl Rose is such a ****, he kept walking off stage randomly and didn't seem to be enjoying himself at all. Metallica on the other hand were enjoying themselves so much and the crowd went wild for them. They would have been a much better choice for closing the festival. I'm not even a Metallica fan anymore (loved them when I first got into metal) but I have to admit they were awesome on Saturday - seeing all of Master Puppets Live was unbelivable (I've now seen Slayer play all of Reign in Blood live on top of seeing all of MOP - two moments I'll never ever forget.) Tool and Opeth were my top two bands, they were truly amazing (especially once they had turned up Mikael Akerfeldt's guitar), Opeth ending with Deliverance was my moment of the festival. Gojira were my biggest surprise of the weekend, they were awesome. I shall definitely be checking out their studio material. As for the "riots", they were merely (from what I witnessed) a drunken party that descended into some violence because of the idiotic security guards and the fact that the riot police were brought in (there was no need.) The fact that the riot police showed up stirred a minor group of people up and they started throwing 'missiles' at the police/shouting abuse. One lad legged it straight at the riot police thinking he would have back up but he ran alone and was beaten pretty badly by the police (don't blame them I'd do the same.) All that was happening really was that bonfires were being started, a few idiots decided to throw gas canisters on it (bad idea as they were blowing up very close to large crowds of people) and the lights were being torn down. A few people started stealing people's tents (complete with people's property inside) and throwing them on the fire. This is when a few fights broke out (as people who were camped near the fires were having to defend their tents) and it turned a little sour. Still, I've seen worse at Reading (where this happens every year) and it's never described as a 'riot'.

Soldato
SidewinderINC said:
it was infact beautiful! i loved it!

Agreed its a good song...not a good guitar instrumental in the middle of a rock/metal concert. He turn You Could Be Mine into a instrumental as he walked off half way through...the guy is an idiot. How the hell they got the closing headline spot is beyond belief. The Prodigy would have done a better job, if they'd be put on the main stage...

Associate
My wallet got stolen on the Friday night, have sun burn on my back from the Sunday, all the cloths I took are knackered and my tent got covered in some rice type substance. Had an amazing weekend thou :D

Luckily I got my wallet back the following morning after some nice guy called James found it and contacted me (THANKS AGAIN JAMES!) still had my cards in it and I only lost £60 and a USB pen which was empty so not the end of the world.

The last night I can only describe as something out of Baghdad, we were camped in Blue 2 about ½ way up near to the path. Throughout the night there were explosions from gas bottles/cans virtually all around us, bottle/random things to throw/hit with a stick fights going on for hours and the 6 people in balaclavas who ran through our camp were just a little disturbing. Riot police seemed to calm things down or at least move the troublemakers away from our campsite towards the main area. Most of the pictures of the trouble were about 200meters away from out tents :-/

From the bands I went to see…

Best Band : Skindred
Best Song : A.D.I.D.A.S– KoRn
Most enjoyable band I had not heard of : Strapping Young Lad

Worst Band : Coheed & Cambria (really looked forward to them, very disappointing)

Overall the music was brilliant, loads of bands I didn’t really know much about which I’ll be following from now on. Bit of a shame that they allowed so many tickets to go on sale, after going to download 2004 the amount of extra people this year made it to busy around the main stage or even trying to sit down within visual distance seemed impossible at times.

Soldato
J1nxy said:
Biggest let downs Deftones (3rd time I've seen them and they just don't seem to work live), GnR (good when they could be bothered but for god sake a rendition of Beautiful????? and a piano solo??? Axl re-enforced his status as biggest prima-donna in rock history as well and it seems to be rubbing off on the rest of the band...)

Really?? I thought Deftones were fantastic! Maybe you should have joined me in the pit for the first few songs they played (older tracks), you might have enjoyed them as much as me then :D
I agree about GnR though, I'm glad I went to see Sickofitall in the Gibson tent, they were impressive!

Soldato
Hate said:
people that throw missiles into the crowd don't deserve to be there in the first place, i've seen someone knocked out by a full 1l bottle of water hitting them on the temple.

oh of course ,they should have moved - cause like they have eyes in the back of their head! :rolleyes:
Ya mate last year i had a 1ltr bottle bounce off my head lol it was the shock of it more than anything ,but still not clever that could have been a child it hit and not me. :rolleyes:

Soldato
Captain Planet said:
Really?? I thought Deftones were fantastic! Maybe you should have joined me in the pit for the first few songs they played (older tracks), you might have enjoyed them as much as me then :D
I agree about GnR though, I'm glad I went to see Sickofitall in the Gibson tent, they were impressive!

I just think they were a bit lack luster. Take Shove IT for example that should blow the place away but it just didn't and its been the same the other times I've seen them...oh well each to their own.

Soulfly on the other hand were just amazing again. Primitive just has to be heard to be belived.

Steve

Soldato
SidewinderINC said:
you werent in Yellow1 were you? didnt happen to have a guy on the last night say "wow, you're pretty tall"

If yellow1 was up near the showers then thats where I was camping. I had a lot of people say various tall comments over the weekend so its possible you spoke to me. The last night is a little blurry but I was sat about watching everyone go ferral. Was quite enjoyable watching all the fires, all the drumming on bins and random destruction until a minority took it way too far by attacking the security and burning peeps tents & property.

Soldato
Wow what an amazing and unforgettable weekend! the bands I loved were:

- Gojira
- Tool (Set too short though)
- Alice in Chains (new singer did great)
- Avenged
- Trivium
- METALLICA!!!! (Best set of the weekend 2 n a half hours of pure joy, they were on top form and hetfiled was great fun. Experience was very moving!!)
- Down (Anselmo was hilarious!!)
- GnR (I thought they were fantastic and it was brill that they started on time! Despite what every one is saying about them, Axl sounded great and was very cheeky and sarcy with the crowd which was cool! The crowd were being hypocritical dicks for booing them when the stange was covered in urine and beer and they were throwing bottles at them, so they went off to get it cleaned up. The musical interludes of beautiful and dont cry on guitar were amazing, and seeing izzy and sebastian bach up there was great too! Guns headlined very well but no one could top Metallica!)

VIP treatment was also a bonus! ;)

Soldato
My highlights for the weekend were...

Friday:

Strapping Young Lad - best intro ever 'Hi were strapping young lad, shove this up your ****!!!" I can only hope to grow old this disgracefully.

Soulfly - fantastically heavy set

Deftones - I love the deftones so Chino could have come on stage and curled one out over the mic and I would still be stood there touching myself :o

Tool - Great to finally see them, just wish the set was longer!

Saturday:

Devil Driver - Absolutely mental, had to take my mate to the medical tent to get his arms bandaged up after ripping all his sunburn off in the pit! OUCH! LOL

Henry Rollins spoken word - Great to chillout to after Devil Driver and his stories had me in stiches.

Korn - Even though Jonathan was in hospital and not up there singing I thought the band and guests did a fantastic job playing through all their classics.

Metallica - They played the whole of Master of Puppets... need I say more! :cool:

Sunday:

36 Crazyfists - After a rather heavy night 36 Crazyfists finally got me awake! That and 10mins on the o2 tent and a bit of laughing gas!

Bullet for my Valentine - I know most people on this board dont like them, but I have to say I was very impressed with the pace of their set. Fantastic stuff!

the Prodigy - I really think they should have been on the main stage before GnR's as there was no room in the snickers stage. Everyone going mental in a small space = :D

Soldato
nero120 said:
- GnR (I thought they were fantastic and it was brill that they started on time! Despite what every one is saying about them, Axl sounded great and was very cheeky and sarcy with the crowd which was cool! The crowd were being hypocritical dicks for booing them when the stange was covered in urine and beer and they were throwing bottles at them, so they went off to get it cleaned up. The musical interludes of beautiful and dont cry on guitar were amazing, and seeing izzy and sebastian bach up there was great too! Guns headlined very well but no one could top Metallica!)

VIP treatment was also a bonus! ;)

finally somebody else that hasnt just totally ripped on the GNR set! twas awesome :D

Soldato
to be fair
before the weekend i said they should have been on instead of tool, which i still might say
but i just dont think guns n roses deserved to be headlining
i thought it sounded fine
axl was being a **** but he's always going to be
i just dont think he deserves support, and clearly didnt get it from a lot of people
just mo though

Soldato
Abraham said:
to be fair
before the weekend i said they should have been on instead of tool, which i still might say
but i just dont think guns n roses deserved to be headlining
i thought it sounded fine
axl was being a **** but he's always going to be
i just dont think he deserves support, and clearly didnt get it from a lot of people
just mo though

Fair enough. the thing I found laughable though was the idiots camping around me in the vip section. They were obviosuly dressing all "rock n' roll" with tattoos and band t-shirts etc, but then were ripping into axl after the set for being arrogant and not giving a ****. I was like "Hello! Look at yourself man - that is the very spirit you embody you hypocrite!". Typical scenesters, the attitude is only tolerated when it suits them. Axl rocked and good on him for not sucking the crowd's ***** like every other band there!

Back
Top Bottom