download feastival 2006

Soldato
Pezboy said:
Saturday was awsome :D

Metallica stole the show, followed very closely by A7X.. Trivium did nothing for me at all I'm afraid, and I like them! :(

Re: Bottle War

Absolutely stupid

I grabbed 3 people and demanded that they empty the bottles of water before they threw them

you'll be one of these ones who dont see the fun it in then at all, if you dont like it move away, last year i had some idiot start on me cos i through a bottle, still carried on lighten up its festival. much worse stuff goes on.

Pez

Pez

Soldato
Neon said:
you'll be one of these ones who dont see the fun it in then at all, if you dont like it move away, last year i had some idiot start on me cos i through a bottle, still carried on lighten up its festival. much worse stuff goes on.

Yeah, thats right...

It's really nice seeing some poor girl get her glasses smashed on her face, because someone decides to throw a bottle full of water as hard as they can into the crowd... that sounds really fun doesnt it.

People like you make me sick. You shouldnt fear for your eyesight when trying to see a band.

If you want to throw bottles around, **** off and do it somewhere else, where people minding their own business dont get hurt.

Soldato
Pezboy said:
Yeah, thats right...

It's really nice seeing some poor girl get her glasses smashed on her face, because someone decides to throw a bottle full of water as hard as they can into the crowd... that sounds really fun doesnt it.

People like you make me sick. You shouldnt fear for your eyesight when trying to see a band.

If you want to throw bottles around, **** off and do it somewhere else, where people minding their own business dont get hurt.

people have been doing it for ages and if she dont want her glasses smashed off her face move a bit further a aside, or hide behind some of the big monsters, just thank them the bottles arent full of **** and bags of **** being thrown about, yeah it happened a few years before at download. get use to it i say, you cant control a whole crowd.

as for the glasses ask her to buy oakleys they wont smash off :rolleyes:

Soldato
Neon said:
people have been doing it for ages and if she dont want her glasses smashed off her face move a bit further a aside, or hide behind some of the big monsters, just thank them the bottles arent full of **** and bags of **** being thrown about, yeah it happened a few years before at download. get use to it i say, you cant control a whole crowd.

Thats pretty sad though, you shouldnt have to move or be worried about loosing an eye because people throw bottles.

I wasnt fussed but there were little kids about.

Pez

Pez

Soldato
Neon said:

Seriously... your suggesting that people who dont want to be involved in a stupid bottle fight, should MOVE so they are not near it?

You sir, are an idiot.

Associate
Seriously... your suggesting that people who dont want to be involved in a stupid bottle fight, should MOVE so they are not near it?

You sir, are an idiot.

Actually i think what he is suggesting is pretty sensible. The bottle fights are always going to happen and the majority of the time they are down by the front of the stage, if you know something is going to happen then avoid it.

Another example are the mosh pits that always form up near the front of the stage, in a similar area to the bottle fights, you've more chance of getting injured in one of these than you have by a bottle. Would it be idiotic to suggest to the girl to move elsewhere to avoid that??

Man of Honour
UKflames said:
Another example are the mosh pits that always form up near the front of the stage, in a similar area to the bottle fights, you've more chance of getting injured in one of these than you have by a bottle. Would it be idiotic to suggest to the girl to move elsewhere to avoid that??
The difference is that when I'm moshing, I don't go out of my way to hurt people for fun.

Associate
Captain Planet said:
Yeah we was there. I'll upload the pics of the riot police soon. I have a few videos, where do I upload them too?

I saw the big fire that was going, with occasionaly musroom clouds from it, went to have a look, quite impressive :p in a bad way though

Soldato
Phoenix211 said:
I saw the big fire that was going, with occasionaly musroom clouds from it, went to have a look, quite impressive in a bad way though

Yeah that was in our campsite (blue) the riot police stormed into our site and were knocking a lot of people over and dragging them out. I think they'd had enough after stood watching the crowds taunt them all night and morning.

Yes, it was a little scary! Especially those dogs :eek:
DSC00127Large.jpg

Got pretty close up for Metallica. The entire Master of Puppets too! :D
DSC00058Large.jpg

Throwdown: One of my favourites shows of the event! Amazing.
DSC00014Large.jpg

Soldato
lol at that report.

"The disorder involved a number of people and it is not clear at this early stage what sparked the trouble,"

It was a HUGE number of people, as in thousands all from after the GnR show. What started it was a combination of alcohol and boredom; if you're going to shut everything on the Sunday early then you're going to have crowds of people all wandering around bored but pumped up from the show. I remember the key point of it all getting a bit messy was when everyone started to make their way back from the main stage and a group started playing bumper cars in those big red Biffa bins! From there the whole place just got wrecked.

Made for good entertainment anyhow, just hope this doesn't mean a cancellation for next years event! :(

Soldato
My assessment of the weekend in brief:

James Hetfield is a god
Mr Rose is a ****
Anders is a god

bottle fights are bad, but yes they're going to happen, the people who annoy me the most are those that stand right at the back and throw bottles from there, where they've no chance of getting hit, i never throw bottles, and will always keep an eye out for the people around me, dont see much more i can do, it's very difficult to enforce it not happening, obviously a thousand times more so on that sort of scale, if i see someone throwing a bottle when i'm working i'll happily pull them out of the crowd and have them ejected(after a warning of course), normally to the approval of the people near by

there was clearly a bit more going down then i saw, but as far as i was concerned it was the same as every year at most festivals i've been to, the only difference being it all started earlier because so many people left half way through or before guns n roses, but although i know various bits kicked off around the aftershock etc, the stuff in the campsite was no more than usual, tents going up, lights coming down, and i was camped in blue

ignoring the "riots", guns n roses and bullet for my valentine
i rate it as an absolutely awesome festival, i had a great time, met some awesome new people

MAAAANNNNOOOOWWWWWAAAAARRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom