DPD Appointed New Couriers for Overclockers UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Just like to add my 2p
My delivery got changed to a Saturday one (free of charge) but i had to go out at 10am and the parcel hadn't arrived yet. At 10:10am i got a call from the delivery driver to see where i was, i then explained that i wasn't in and asked if it would be possible to redeliver to my girlfriends parents. The nice chap said that was fine and drove it straight there!

Fantastic service I think! So thanks Mr. Driver from Chandlers Ford

Thats a great service

Associate
They are extremely slow. My order has been with them Since Saturday night and was sent out today in their delivery vechile but hasnt arrived, even though Crawley is next to my town :S

Associate
Just like to add my 2p
My delivery got changed to a Saturday one (free of charge) but i had to go out at 10am and the parcel hadn't arrived yet. At 10:10am i got a call from the delivery driver to see where i was, i then explained that i wasn't in and asked if it would be possible to redeliver to my girlfriends parents. The nice chap said that was fine and drove it straight there!

Fantastic service I think! So thanks Mr. Driver from Chandlers Ford

:) i AM GLAD IT WAS SORTED OUT!

we are trying to give the service your customers wish for
Feel free to moan or thank me.... as imput from the people that use us, will help us be better at doing it!

Lee;)

Associate
have to put in my note.

browsed OCUK before but never bought anything. monday my pc dies (right in the middle of me building a new one) so i came on here bought and paid for the essentials and as expected it was here about 12 today. spot on when they said (day wise i didnt pay extra for the 12am)

very happy with the service and condition the parts turned up in and tracking was a doddle as well!

will definately use again :D

Associate
I am not sure which forum to post this on so apologies in advance if its in correct. Unfortunately this is not a good review of OverclockersUK's couriers DPD.

After much thought I went ahead and ordered a Ultima Vanquish with an ATI Radeon HD5870 1024mb from OverclockersUK for £1144.96 along with a 27” Dell monitor bringing the total around £2k (with VAT and Sat delivery...yeah I know credit crunch be damned!). I had seen the items cheaper elsewhere but was impressed with the feedback on the some sites about the OverclockersUK shopping experiences, so felt comfortable in paying slightly more.

To say I was excited about my order would be under statement. I have been a MAC man for the past few years and finally wanted to return to the dark side and get a gaming PC.

The Saturday delivery was the key reason for this order as I have to work crazy hours and often work weekends.

Now starts the bad parts:

The package I purchased was reduced by £100 the very next day after my order. After two phone calls and a few Webnotes it was agreed that I would be refunded the difference, I was not overly concerned by this though I still had to ring them a second time to actually get the refund entered; plus I find it somewhat hard to believe the person I ordered my item from was not aware that within hours £100 cut off.

Whilst I paid for a Saturday delivery the item was infact delivered on Friday, when I was at work (even after telling OverclockersUK that Saturday would be the only day I could do). No note was left for me; no phone call or email the only reason I found about the error was logging onto DPD website and phoning them.

DPD recognised that it was a scheduled Saturday delivery yet due to a mix up it was sent out a day early (they partly blamed OverclockersUK for sending it too early). No problem I thought can we rearrange the Sat delivery then? Wrong? they had locked my items up and no one had the key (I was also told that they didn’t have the time/staff on a Saturday to check their orders which were not already sorted for delivery). I even offered to drive and pick up the items myself, but it seems that even this was too much trouble for them to be bothered to find my kit.

Cutting an already long story short their only suggestion was to redeliver on Monday when I would unfortunately be at work again. With massive regret I had to cancel my order.

Whilst I know mixes up happen I think that you judge a company by how they deal with them. The response ‘No on has the key’ or ‘do not have the staff to check’ is not acceptable especially when you pay for a premium service. Also I had to do all the chasing through out this order. I was left waiting from 8am until 11:30am to be told that nothing could be done; often waiting 30mins+ on premium ‘help’ line.

Would I use OverclockersUK again maybe but would think twice; especially if they continue to use a delivery service who are unable to tell the difference between Friday and Sat and the importance weekend delivery are for people that work. They must try harder in these economic times.

Associate
Afraid I've had a not so good opinion on DPD as well.
Ordered memory on Friday to complete a new build, using the Saturday delivery. Phoned and spoke with OcUK before placing order and was ensured Sat delivery was no problem so went ahead and ordered.
Give OcUK their due, order was processed and shipped within a few hours but sadly I am sat here writing this waiting on memory to complete build.
The tracking on DPD site was fine until the early hours on Sat morn when it left they'r hub 3 and all tracking stopped!! Tried phoning DPD local depot on Sat several times with no success so phoned OcUK support late afternoon who told me item was on way to me at that moment.
Very dissappointed with this poor service, I'm away offshore on Monday so item arriving then is of no use to me, hence the reason I paid extra for the Saturday delivery.
As above poster I realise mistakes do happen so will just wait and see what Ocuk response is when phone them tomorrow. Still wont help me complete PC before I leave though :)

Soldato
To be fair to DPD guys, we are all only human. People make mistakes from time to time. I know bad experiences can hurt your confidence of service providers.

I have personally had to problems so far with DPD delivering my items from OCUk. I hope this trend continues.

Associate
just my 2 cents...

My friend forced me to right this, he bought car speakers from a website which uses DPD, he left a note on the site saying to delivery to next door if no answer, they just left a note through his letterbox saying 'sorry we missed you'

He tried calling them to re-arranage another address, the automated system recorded his details but again it was retried at the same address and another card left. He found the local depot number and the guy said there was no record of this. He has now told the guy he wants to collect it. a lot of hassle for him but he wanted me to tell you guys a number they gave which you can actually talk to a human! Yes human! Also, if you want to change the delivery address, you must call the place you bought your items from even though the card says call so and so to change. LOL

heres the number: 08459 300 100.

hope that helps others!

Permabanned
I remember when they used city link, where I lived they were absolute garbish. Said they had tried to deliver something when I was painting the front room but they never even knocked on the door. I think with some of these couriers they have too big an area to cover and just lie.

Soldato
Well my delivery date for my new PC from OCuk has come & gone...rather disappointed as I was hoping to use teh weekend to set it all up and install W7. First purchase and I'm not impressed so far. Don't know whether its OC or DPD to blame, though.

Associate
If I can recieve a parcel on a Saturday morning at 9am when I ordered on a Friday in the afternoon from a company in the south of England to be delivered to a small village near Elgin in Scotland (Using guranteed next day delivery through Royal Mail) then why can't I do that with DPD ?

ELGIN is mainland so obviously DPD are not the best service that overclockers can offer as far as next day delivery.

RJC

RJC

Don
My Parcel from Overclockers Via DPD arrived 20.55, quite surprised.

The depot is only a 5 min drive for me which is good.

Commissario
If I can recieve a parcel on a Saturday morning at 9am when I ordered on a Friday in the afternoon from a company in the south of England to be delivered to a small village near Elgin in Scotland (Using guranteed next day delivery through Royal Mail) then why can't I do that with DPD ?

ELGIN is mainland so obviously DPD are not the best service that overclockers can offer as far as next day delivery.

RM have hundreds (thousands) of effective hub areas, thousands of potential drivers (and tens of thousands of delivery staff), dealing with millions of items a day via thousands of trucks a night, not to mention trains, and if need be aircraft.
Albeit mainly setup to deal with smaller/lighter/low value items.
RM can afford to get trucks heading between depots very early in the evening, because they'll be relatively full, and potentially multiple trucks/vans from the smaller hubs/post offices to the larger ones every evening, most couriers don't have the staff/quantity of items to do that effectively (and at a reasonable cost).

DPD and most couriers if lucky have 50-100 hub locations and a few hundred/thousand delivery staff, and are set to do it the most cost effective way possible (RM have to try and make sure the post arrives next day, cheaply even if it means they make a loss on it).

DPD seem to be the best compromise between reliability, cost and speed, RM can provide speed (generally) but for a lot of items are not cost effective (SD which is the best service they offer for expensive items does a jump from about £8 to nearly £20 the moment you go over 2kg in weight), but offers little in the way of standard/easy to sort compensation if something is lost.

IIRC The store has used about 4 different couriers over the past 10 years to try and get the best combination of cost/speed/reliability and pretty much every one has had the same problems with certain areas, and problems in some areas (although those areas vary by courier) :)

Associate
I have bad experience with DPD as well. On Thursday, they tried first delievery, I was off work at home, but never heard anybody ringing the bell downstairs(am living in a flat). Alright, then maybe I missed it I thought. So I left a note on their website saying please call me if there is no response. I even called them on Friday telling them to ring me and asked them to come between 16:45 and 17:45. For that, I went back home earlier though I still had work at hand. All right, seems I can get my components this time. But no, 6pm, sb. knocked my door, coming? No, it was my neighbour, gave me a calling card(DPD Card of unable to delivery) and saying a guy gave her that, I needed to rush downstairs if I wanted to catch him. So I ran downstairs but he was already gone. I checked DPD's website the exception is "No access to flat" . I really want to speak to the driver
" Don't you know to ring the bell? why u not follow the lady go upstairs? No access to the building? rubbish.... " I really believe they just don't have enough resource to do the job.

I understand everyone is human, human will do sth. wrong, u r gonna understand them. But DPD? I will never use it ag myself! Bad service! Bad experience!

Soldato
I'd like to say that in the three years or so I've been buying from ocuk, they are yet to get a single order wrong. Everything has arrived when it was supposed to, well packaged and complete. At least two different groups of couriers will have been involved, and I've lived in a few (admittedly urban) places in this time.

Given this has been free for ages as a result of me posting here, I really cant fault the system at all.

Thank you OcUK.

Associate
OCUK's service has been great! I've purchased serveral things in the past, and finally *collected* my PC parts from DPD. Great packaging, thanks OCUK

Soldato
I bought my rig in seperate orders during november using the free next day DPD delivery and i have to say they've been brilliant. Nothing broken, well packaged and arrived when expected.

Thanks OcUK for my lavely new pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom