DPD Appointed New Couriers for Overclockers UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
If I can recieve a parcel on a Saturday morning at 9am when I ordered on a Friday in the afternoon from a company in the south of England to be delivered to a small village near Elgin in Scotland (Using guranteed next day delivery through Royal Mail) then why can't I do that with DPD ?

ELGIN is mainland so obviously DPD are not the best service that overclockers can offer as far as next day delivery.

Same here. Since DPD has been the courier i have never had a next day delivery from OCUK. The order i placed yesterday morning has'nt even reached Aberdeen yet so it certainly won't get here until Monday. If i am lucky that is. At least City Link and DHL delivered next day 95% of the time.

Soldato
I'm fairly sure that as far as DPD are concerned, Scotland doesn't exist.

Shame, as Citylink never failed to get a delivery to me next day. They still don't actually whenever I order from a competitor. Not only do DPD charge more than they do, it's for a 2 day service!

I'm sorry, but if you are physically on the mainland, it shouldn't matter if you're as north as you can go, or as south as you can go. Next day delivery should be possible, and with most other couriers, it is.

Last edited:
Associate
I really don't like DPD either. I always pay the extra & have the RMSD option. Its not just the crap service by DPD either. Its mainly the fact that they are a 45 minute drive away from me so I have a long trek ahead of me to pick my parcel up. Roya Mail, City Link, DHL & Interlink are all within 10 mins of me. Why can't they use one of those huh?

Associate
DPD Next day delivery just gave me a "Delivery refused, signed for by COULD NOT FIND, using Saturn " excuse and sent it back to the depo :/

Wouldnt mind but im on a main road and all the satnav's I used got the address no problem. This 5850 is still hiding from me :(

Associate
This idea of changing delivery providers is apain, the next one is worse than the previous. DPD, great if they can find you, a pain in the ass if you want to pick up same day. If you ask me City Link were the best of the recent changes. Never understand this chopping and changing. Would be far better if you worked with them to sort out issues rather than chopping and changing when the going gets rough.

OCUK are delivery company whores ;)

(no offence intended)

Soldato
DPD are rubbish, I live less than 20 mins away from there depot yet had to wait in till gone 4pm for my package to arrive not only that but I live above a shop on the main road of a town centre if it wasnt for the girl downstairs spotting the driver about to slip a failed attempt note through my door and signing for the package id have been stumped.... he didnt even try to knock at my door, not only that but the external packaging was badly squashed.... apparantly the driver said something heavy had been dropped on it! :S

Associate
My current opinion of DPH is that they dont know what they are doing and are the worst delivery people i have ever come across.
I've never known delivery idiots like this.

I made an order with overclockers on the 29th and like usual it should have been here the next day right? Wrong!

Its now the 5th of Jan and i still have not got my parcel. They have made 4 seperate attempts to try and deliver my package
and failed each time, im getting sick of waiting in for them, tracking says calling card left but there has been no calling cards.

Seems they are having dificulty finding the place, even though i spoke to them telling them exactly where it was.

Last edited:
Soldato
I made an order on the 28th at 12.48pm & it was shipped by OCUK on the 28th at 1.30pm, seems that DPD have been sitting on it since then.

They made one attempt to ship it on the 31st but failed due to "adverse weather conditions". Fair enough but why wait till then to even try, I was expecting them on the 29th/30th.

Hoping my order comes today at some point, I don't blame OCUK for this, they clearly shipped it quickly but DPD have just made a complete hash of this one.

Soldato
never had a problem with them myself, always turned up when they should and the driver is a nice bloke too, even waited while I checked the parcel before signing, most of them dont

Soldato
I bet a tenner they won't be able to find my new address, I had 4 couriers over past 3 weeks and neither did, only royal mail knew where it is :/. On the other hand I'm awaiting a package sent by royal mail for 3rd week now, international however still should be with me already last week...

Associate
I bet a tenner they won't be able to find my new address, I had 4 couriers over past 3 weeks and neither did, only royal mail knew where it is :/. On the other hand I'm awaiting a package sent by royal mail for 3rd week now, international however still should be with me already last week...
sounds like couriers used to be with my address, after 3 years most of them can find it without having to phone up. but every now and then we get a different driver who is too ignorant to call :(

Associate
I also don't like DPD. Out of my last 4 OCUK orders, they have only delivered on the set date once. I wish OCUK would go back to City Link or Parcelforce.

Associate
Scotland is indeed an afterthought....

Look at this...

31 Dec 2009 10:15 Aberdeen (express) Parcel held
30 Dec 2009 16:10 Aberdeen (express) Unable to deliver, adverse weather encountered
30 Dec 2009 07:55 Aberdeen (express) On vehicle for delivery
30 Dec 2009 07:17 Aberdeen (express) Returned to depot
30 Dec 2009 07:11 Aberdeen (express) Parcel label applied
29 Dec 2009 18:45 Aberdeen (express) Unable to deliver, adverse weather encountered
29 Dec 2009 08:33 Aberdeen (express) On vehicle for delivery
24 Dec 2009 10:33 Aberdeen (express) Parcel held
23 Dec 2009 17:35 Aberdeen (express) Parcel held
22 Dec 2009 21:09 Hub 3 Forwarded to Aberdeen (express) depot
22 Dec 2009 21:06 Hub 3 Confirmed at Hub
22 Dec 2009 17:43 Stoke Customer data received

So they say adverse weather even though the postman has been here everyday, if the driver didnt feel like navigating off the main road, could he have not phoned knowing he was just 2 mins away and I could have met him? No. Doubt they'll be making another attempt to deliver it.

Associate
05 Jan 2010 13:47 Edinburgh Unable to deliver, adverse weather encountered

This is a joke. The roads around Edinburgh are completely fine, there has'nt been snow in 2 days!
Maybe DPD forgot to add a "0" to the end of the 1 in the "1 Day Delivery Service"

Soldato
I phoned at 12.30 & they said "it's still here, it will be tomorrow at best now" yep the day ends at 12.30 nowadays.

city link come back, all is fogiven....not that I had anything to forgive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom