DPD Appointed New Couriers for Overclockers UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
A friend has also been waiting since the 23rd of December for a delivery from OcUK. He phoned them on New Years Eve (possibly the day before), and they advised it hadn't even left their main hub.

For crying out loud even the Royal Fail got a delivery to me within two days, and that was over New Years! (I'm only classing working days here).

DPD are the most pathetic excuse for a delivery company I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with (closely followed by DHL). I genuinely can not believe they are the best choice for OcUK, and it's quite worrying that Telescopi classes them as the most professional courier he's dealt with (DPD thread in General Discussion). Every single piece of evidence suggests they are well organised cowboys.

Associate
I phoned at 12.30 & they said "it's still here, it will be tomorrow at best now" yep the day ends at 12.30 nowadays.

city link come back, all is fogiven....not that I had anything to forgive.
city link have definitely improved over the last year or so, either that or everyone else has gotten worse

Associate
A friend has also been waiting since the 23rd of December for a delivery from OcUK. He phoned them on New Years Eve (possibly the day before), and they advised it hadn't even left their main hub.

For crying out loud even the Royal Fail got a delivery to me within two days, and that was over New Years! (I'm only classing working days here).

DPD are the most pathetic excuse for a delivery company I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with (closely followed by DHL). I genuinely can not believe they are the best choice for OcUK, and it's quite worrying that Telescopi classes them as the most professional courier he's dealt with (DPD thread in General Discussion). Every single piece of evidence suggests they are well organised cowboys.

Rubbish isnt it?. Inverness, hmm Aberdeen doesnt even have a official depot, just a local delivery firm partnered with them. What's the deal with ness? Surely they arent delivering from Aberdeen!?

Man of Honour
I made an order on the 28th at 12.48pm & it was shipped by OCUK on the 28th at 1.30pm, seems that DPD have been sitting on it since then.

They made one attempt to ship it on the 31st but failed due to "adverse weather conditions". Fair enough but why wait till then to even try, I was expecting them on the 29th/30th.

Hoping my order comes today at some point, I don't blame OCUK for this, they clearly shipped it quickly but DPD have just made a complete hash of this one.

The order shipped bit is misleading. It just means that OCUK has packed it and that the order is completed. It has'nt actually left OCUK at this point. I ordered a 5770 back in December on a Thursday evening expecting it to be shipped on the Friday. I finally got a order shipped email on the Saturday but according to the tracking info DPD only picked it up on the Monday evening and it still did'nt get to me until the Wednesday at 17.30. That was a day short of a week since i placed the order!!

Soldato
DPD had my stuff on the 29th though. It is now the 5th & I have told it might be the 6th, bit of a shambles if you ask me.

Next day DPD AKA Next week DPD

Associate
Hi all, I am a little concerned about my order too. On the order tracker it says:

05 Jan 2010 12:22 Thetford Unable to deliver, calling card left **** (landmark = Flats - No Access)
05 Jan 2010 08:35 Thetford On vehicle for delivery

But there is no calling card, and I have been in all day with no music on, waiting and listening for the door and no one has knocked. Even more concerning is that if I type in the number of the calling card it says:

The parcels were delivered on 05/01/2010 at 10:34 & signed for by GEORGE

I don't know anyone called george. And the time of this is before the time my parcel was (not)delivered. Where has my parcel been delivered to? I am finding the DPD website very unhelpful and have to go out for an appointment shortly.

I was really impressed with the speed of OcUk, and it reached the depot quickly but now it seems someone else has my parcel? I'll try to contact DPD and see what happens.

Soldato
sounds like couriers used to be with my address, after 3 years most of them can find it without having to phone up. but every now and then we get a different driver who is too ignorant to call :(

Yep , the most funny part is that on the whole street is maybe like 10houses and they still can't manage to find it even tho the house name is ***** written on it and each of the houses got a diff one.

I'm thinking of putting a huge 2x2m banner on the road pointing at the house just in case because I'm getting bored with my packages coming back to depots all the time.

-----
Interesting how they cant find a one house on 10house street but they won't have a problem in central london where there is 30 little streets and messed up home numbers.

Associate
I'll try to contact DPD and see what happens.

Not a lot as it turns out. Connected to the Calling Card Desk
(0844 824 0505) even though I had no card through my door, 30 mins on hold. No sign of life at all and now I assume they are closing the centre for the day. I'll try again tomorrow. It just worries me that someone else has my hardware, has signed for it and may have my invoice/reciept with my personal info on it.

Soldato
Not looking good here either, we had some snow last night so I guess it will be adverse weather again :(

I just drove 10 miles in it & it's fine.

Fingers crossed.

Associate
"Unable to deliver, adverse weather encountered"
I Ordered my quad core on the 7th of jan, Backed up my files ready for a format and it's been 3 days. I tried to ring up on sat with no avail. since they were closed from 1pm onwards. The roads are clear and there's been no update on my parcel from the "07 Jan 2010" I can't ask overclockers, because aparently it's out of their hands. So i have no order number and when i ring up with the consignment number they say that "I'm sorry, i can't seem to find the details for that parcel" Yea, Excellent so, someone else has my parcel? Or it's accidently been shipped off to the war in iraq? Or Maybe this parcel never existed? but if it never existed, Why's the money for a next day delivery gone out of my bank?! .. 3 days ago.

Associate
"Unable to deliver, adverse weather encountered"
I Ordered my quad core on the 7th of jan, Backed up my files ready for a format and it's been 3 days. I tried to ring up on sat with no avail. since they were closed from 1pm onwards. The roads are clear and there's been no update on my parcel from the "07 Jan 2010" I can't ask overclockers, because aparently it's out of their hands. So i have no order number and when i ring up with the consignment number they say that "I'm sorry, i can't seem to find the details for that parcel" Yea, Excellent so, someone else has my parcel? Or it's accidently been shipped off to the war in iraq? Or Maybe this parcel never existed? but if it never existed, Why's the money for a next day delivery gone out of my bank?! .. 3 days ago.

why don't you have an order number? you would have got one in an email when you ordered...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom