DPD - Rant

Soldato
I gather you have made OCUK aware of this via the proper channels? I'd also call the local depot and make a complaint about the issues you've suffered. Clearly someone is not doing their job properly.

Soldato
I always used to be an avid DPD fan, but the new driver I have is terrible. When delivering my XL 2, they damaged it in transit, failed to deliver on time, and at one point, said it had been delivered when it hadn't!

And their call centres are horrid.

Man of Honour
DPD are just crap up here. No next day delivery, never had a time slot and no free delivery from the three retailers I used to get it with (OCUK included) since they swapped to DPD. Shocking surcharges with some retailers that use DPD as well. I pretty much avoid anyone that only has DPD as a courier these days.

Associate
OP
I gather you have made OCUK aware of this via the proper channels? I'd also call the local depot and make a complaint about the issues you've suffered. Clearly someone is not doing their job properly.
Yeah the customer support guy this morning made the manager aware and OC where good enough to immediately process my requested refund that i should have back today, they apologised and did what they could but losing an order like the one i placed mystifies me, would have been a substantial box of parts as well as 2 monitors

Associate
Generally DPD are fine, and having a one hour slot is a small delight. If you order your stuff from one of OcUK's main competitors, you'll also find it comes via DPD :p

Soldato
DPD are generally okay but last week they ****** me off badly.

the order got delayed by one day when I paid for next working day delivery
then I changed my address so it could be delivered to my home. I got an email confirming this information.

I'm sat at home all day home waiting for this package.For it to be delivered to the other address miles and miles away.

Soldato
Had nothing but great service from DPD. Items always arrived intact, and getting regular text/ email updates with the ability to rearrange delivery is excellent. And the courier ETA is almost always spot on.

Soldato
I did have one dodgy DPD driver many years ago - 2011 when I was building my current watercooled PC rig. I'd ordered some Radiators from OCUK and they were to be delivered by DPD that day. After finishing work, I rushed home hoping it would have been picked up by my parents. To my horror, the parcel was on my doorstep with a note posted through the letter box. My parents were both at home too. I can't recall if I contacted OCUK about this though.

Other than this one time, DPD have been solid on any other occasion and I've had a lot of stuff from them. It just sadly depends on the driver really.

Soldato
no faults with DPD here. They are pretty epic and one driver even text me to say he would look out for a larger parcel on another van, which he then delivered on his way home at 9pm.

Faultless really

Associate
DPD are the only courier i'd really trust

ParcelFarce can burn in hell... Royal Fail are just useless... and the less said about Yodel and Herpes the better lol

at least when i order stuff and get it through DPD i can not only trust that it'll arrive on the day it says, but will actually arrive within the hour the message me with... coming through ParcelFarce or Royal Fail, getting it within a week of the expected date can be a miracle in itself.

Associate
Just a regional issue on this one, DPD in my area are great. I tend to steer clear of yodel unless no other option in terms of retailer and delivery. But DPD give tracking timed deliveries and even tell you where the driver is, Can't get much better to be fair.

Soldato
Do what I do, irrespective of what I purchase I drive 70 miles to OCUK & back even though I could source goods more locally. OCUKs customer service is more than worth it.

That’s not really a sensible solution for everyone though, I live about 180 miles away, bit of a trek just to avoid couriers!

Back
Top Bottom