Dr. Disrespect permanently banned from Twitch

Caporegime
OP
You are defending Gab, and the literal nazis that use the platform to openly talk about genocide and committing hate crimes.

We did shut down the nazi ideaology in WW2, and it did not 'progress to the point where anyone they dislike for any reason will be silenced'. Your assertion is not based in reality.

It's happening in the US right now with people having their lives ruined for wrongthink, even if it's completely unrelated to Nazism. If you're too blind to see it then it's not my problem.

Soldato
It's happening in the US right now with people having their lives ruined for wrongthink, even if it's completely unrelated to Nazism. If you're too blind to see it then it's not my problem.

You've completely contradicted yourself in the space of two replies here.....but it is re-assuring that you are able to tell the difference between actually nazi idealogy, and genuine free speech issues. Phew.

Soldato

Interesting video from a lawyer.

TLDW - If Doc wanted to partner with Shroud and Ninja then Twitch could have reported it as a breach of contract but they didn't. Instead, what makes better sense to him is Twitch wanted out of the Doc contract since Shroud and Ninja are now available and they are more clean-cut.

The Doc contract was created at a time when Mixer seemed like a real threat, so was likely a very lucrative contract to keep a big streamer, and now that threat has disappeared. There are some interesting terms in the Twitch ToS that give them a lot of power and they can essentially ban you if they don't like you, see 26:50.

As the 1st comment says under the video that this would create mistrust with all streamers on Twitch, but maybe being the somewhat monopoly they are they can get away with it.
Anyway, it's all speculation.

Associate
I wouldn't go that far. I've been gaming since, well let's just say I was playing on the VCS2600 a few days after it first released, and I've only just recently heard of this fella.

Whether you like him or not the facts are somewhat undeniable. There's only a handful of streamers that have more consistent viewers. I'll be honest the guy grates on me (even though I know it's an act) but to say he's not well known in the online gaming world is simply wrong.

Soldato
Whether you like him or not the facts are somewhat undeniable. There's only a handful of streamers that have more consistent viewers. I'll be honest the guy grates on me (even though I know it's an act) but to say he's not well known in the online gaming world is simply wrong.

Being well known in one section of the online gaming world doesn't make someone well known generally in gaming.

kdd

kdd

Soldato
I never realised the doc was a nazi i thought he was just some kind of nearly funny dude with a fake tache. Seriously people put the tin foil hat down and go outside for a while

Back
Top Bottom