Dragon Age:inquisition

Associate
I'm around 6 hours into this as a human mage, it's not my usual type of game and I'm going between enjoying it and finding it quite tedious. I'll definitely stick with it though.

One thing I'm struggling with is having to manage a party of players. I'd upgraded some of my skills, but with no real plan to it, and after 6 hours I've only just realised I'm supposed to have upgraded my party characters as well. It's a real chore keeping on top of it all, what with having to sort their weapons and armour out as well.

I Googled 'DA:I mage tips' and I found a thread with people talking about 'builds', and none of it made sense. I feel like I'm really going to struggle with this game as I'm just picking skills that sound good when I upgrade.

Basically I'm finding the whole game quite overwhelming, and it's not very obvious how I'm supposed to upgrade my character in the best way.

They are all commonalities of a traditional RPG game. Lot's of choice, little guidance and a huge world.

Stop feeling the pressure of 'doing it right' and just do things! There is auto-upgrade for skills. The equipment manager isn't the best, but it's easy to see what is an upgrade and what isn't.

Associate
I'm playing on hard, first boss down and not looked at a single thing. I'm by no means a RPG guru either.

Just enjoy what you do.

Soldato
This is the first time I've ever had this complaint but I seriously feel the game is too long. I just got
Skyhold
and a whole new load of story has opened up etc but it's taken so long to get this far I'm running out of puff. I may wait for the patch which includes storage so I can at least not spend so much time returning to base to sell off bits etc. I don't think this is a game I'll remember fondly to be honest, unlike the excellent Origins.

Associate
I completed this and killed several dragons. I really enjoyed playing it all the way through, but I barely touched the hissing wastes and have another couple of areas I really want to get finished. Though I have burned out a little and decided to play another game for a bit before coming back.

The ending I found a little underwhelming but the whole journey up to it was great! :)

Has anyone played much of the multiplayer? I actually enjoyed it, and it made a nice break from the main game.

Soldato
I loved this but there was so much filler over the 100 odd hours. Really made me think about how much actual fun I have with certain games over just doing things for the sake of doing it. That been said the game has some really good highs.

Associate
Im trying to decide whether to hang onto this game now or sell it, I have a couple of other games I am now stuck into and the only reason to keep it is for DLC. Is there anything coming out soon?

Soldato
Just off the back of my last posts, I'm now level 14 and I'm loving the game. I followed a guide on Reddit for how to build the best Knight Enchanter mage and I'm unstoppable now. It's kind of ridiculous. I go out with the lady mage (her name escapes me now), Solas, and Blackwall all the time and we rip through everything, it's brilliant :)

I'm doing the Abyss quests at the moment, ****'s getting real! :)

Caporegime
I had this argument with an acquaintance recently. He played the game on his PS3 because nothing else interested him on PS4. Whereas I still have unplayed PS3 games that I've put on hold because I want to play them on PS4. I go for all the graphical goodness that an upgrade brings but to him the story and gameplay were more important than the fancier graphics.

Associate
Thats how I am with the ps3 right now, im working through red dead redemption and have a few others I want to get through, but with dragon age, shadow of mordor and some others, it seems a good time to upgrade. decisions, decisions!

Soldato
Just off the back of my last posts, I'm now level 14 and I'm loving the game. I followed a guide on Reddit for how to build the best Knight Enchanter mage and I'm unstoppable now. It's kind of ridiculous. I go out with the lady mage (her name escapes me now), Solas, and Blackwall all the time and we rip through everything, it's brilliant :)

I'm doing the Abyss quests at the moment, ****'s getting real! :)

I tried this but on Nightmare (she's 12) I'm not really a powerhouse.

Soldato
Just off the back of my last posts, I'm now level 14 and I'm loving the game. I followed a guide on Reddit for how to build the best Knight Enchanter mage and I'm unstoppable now.

Care to share a link to that guide? :)

I've had the game since release and avoided starting due to length and apparent difficulty with some classes.

Back
Top Bottom