Dragon Age: The Veilguard

Soldato
It looks interesting but my first thought was that the art style was a bit weak/comic-like. If the gameplay is good, which is rare these days, then I'll give it a play.

Associate
Yeah art style put me off a bit, but not as much as the 'marvel-esque quips' in the dialogue.

Trailer got ratio'd to ****, so it seems no-one likes the art style either, yeah the banter and jokes were completely immersion breaking. This is DA in name only on what we have seen, but they don't want to make a game in the DA universe - so they havent.

Last edited:
Soldato
"You've made a valiant effort, but this story does not end with my downfall."

Proceeds to fall down due to our Main Hero moving a piece of wood.

Great writing there. I still maybe want to play it kind of but the gameplay did not exactly enthused me. Very generic fantasy with not great writing.

Soldato
Looks very different, not a dark moody setting, but I was only really a fan of origins and disliked the others (especially Inquisition). So I'll pass, maybe get it when it's on offer.

Soldato
Looks very different, not a dark moody setting, but I was only really a fan of origins and disliked the others (especially Inquisition). So I'll pass, maybe get it when it's on offer.

I still maintain Origins was the best. It actually had a story that was worth playing through, and the combat with both strategy and 3rd person views was amazing. It is still one of my all time favourite RPGs.

They have lost it. I disliked DA2, which I have tried to play a few times through but just get bored. And DAI I honestly cannot get into at all. It became way too generic RPG for me with the way gear is shown and and how the over the top animations during combat.

Associate
The gameplay just lacks so much impact to the combat and you can't feel that sense of urgency to the impending invasion. Origin was the best, 2 and 3 were also dull so this feels like the end of another great franchise.

Back
Top Bottom