Dragon Age: The Veilguard

Soldato
It's basically for consoles with press a button and something awesome happens :D
Pretty much, I got hints of mmo/mobile game from it too. The synced animations when they hit multiple enemies at the same time was tragic, watching the enemies bounce off the edge of the cliff until they died looked bad too. The person playing the character did a very poor job at making any of the combat look fluid. It was really really bad as a showcase.

Last edited:
Soldato
Did you honestly have high hopes?
I hadn't read anything about it at all so this was pretty much my first experience related to the new game. With BG3s success I thought they would try a little. Most games are dead to me these days, I used to think I was just getting bored of gaming. A lot of games these days are just living off past success, tragic.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's basically for console gamers with press a button and something awesome happens :D
da2ot-04.gif

Soldato
I’ll reserve final judgement for the launch reviews since they basically showed a level 1 character with 1 ability. Hopefully there’s more to it as you level but the fact that they used a controller probably means it’s built for consoles.

Associate
Inquisition was very much a console game as well with pause and tactical combat modes that made it look like the old games. I'll be waiting to see how it reviews too.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Just watched 5 minutes of gameplay and it looks awesome. Was not particularly looking forward to this as it us just another EA game. But based on what I have seen will definitely be grabbing. Of not day 1 maybe 6 months after release once beta testing is done and I can get it in steam for under £35.

Associate
Had a good sense of deja vu from the Inquisition start although I know this isn't the start of the game. I'm sure I'll enjoy it as a basic action rpg and I do want more of the DA world but the trailer doesn't make me want to rush out and play it. Enough things stood out to me as jarring. "I should go I'm a mage" that line sounded to me as it had been added later or the director gave weird instructions to the VA. I also don't need giant white lines across the screen every time I attack but most of the graphics were good. Combined with neon on all the enemies it's a bit much.

They killed / injured Bianca and Harding in that trailer... :mad:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom