Dragon Age: The Veilguard

Soldato
Why all the complaints? It looks pretty good (graphically) although I must say I made 3 starts with Inquisition and each time lost interest, but it's still on my to finish list

The Dragon Age games have been dumbed down more and more with each game. This appears to continue that trend.

The original is still one of my favourite RPGs of all time.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
That should be default, pre-ordering is nuts.

Nuts not to pre-order if you can secure the game cheaper that way I say. How hard is it to cancel if you don't like it? I pre-order and get games cheaper that way. I don't like after seeing reviews I cancel. Win win.

Soldato
Nuts not to pre-order if you can secure the game cheaper that way I say. How hard is it to cancel if you don't like it? I pre-order and get games cheaper that way. I don't like after seeing reviews I cancel. Win win.

In that case, nuts not to wait until the game is fully patched and reduced down to £9.99.

How many games do you preorder for your £35 limit you harp on about?

I'll pay less than a tenner for Stalker 2 because I'll let people like you pay the early adopter/beta tax :D or about £2 for gamepass.

At the end of the day they are low value games. It's not like saving a tenner is going to make a big difference to anyone's life. And if the main aim is to save money then wait for the 'goty' edition further down the line.

Also, if you go and pre-order a game off CD keys say and then decide you don't like it after playing it, you don't get covered by the 2-hour steam refund window. So at that point you've lost all your money.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
In that case, nuts not to wait until the game is fully patched and reduced down to £9.99.

How many games do you preorder for your £35 limit you harp on about?

I'll pay less than a tenner for Stalker 2 because I'll let people like you pay the early adopter/beta tax :D or about £2 for gamepass.

At the end of the day they are low value games. It's not like saving a tenner is going to make a big difference to anyone's life. And if the main aim is to save money then wait for the 'goty' edition further down the line.

But I would only pre order if it us something I want to play day 1 and it offered a nice discount over day 1 price.

My main aim is getting a game I know I will likely enjoy as cheap as possible.

You also already know I don't like gamepass and like my games on Steam. I just don't get the same enjoyment on gamepass.

Also, if you go and pre-order a game off CD keys say and then decide you don't like it after playing it, you don't get covered by the 2-hour steam refund window. So at that point you've lost all your money.

Incorrect. As long as you have not clicked the reveal key button you can get a refund. There is no key to reveal until release day anyway. I have refunded many times like this. No issues.

Soldato
But I would only pre order if it us something I want to play day 1 and it offered a nice discount over day 1 price.

My main aim is getting a game I know I will likely enjoy as cheap as possible.

You also already know I don't like gamepass and like my games on Steam. I just don't get the same enjoyment on gamepass.

Fair points on all. There are few games I'd do that for but as you say, when it's one you want and don't care about reviews then makes sense. Totally agree about GP too, not sure why I mentioned it because I removed all the Xbox crap off my PC.

Incorrect. As long as you have not clicked the reveal key button you can get a refund. There is no key to reveal until release day anyway. I have refunded many times like this. No issues.
Oh didn't know that! Is that the same for all those kind of sites? I generally only use the ones that appear on GG deals.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Fair points on all. There are few games I'd do that for but as you say, when it's one you want and don't care about reviews then makes sense. Totally agree about GP too, not sure why I mentioned it because I removed all the Xbox crap off my PC.

It's not about not caring about the reviews. If most come out and say it's crap, I will just request a refund.

Oh didn't know that! Is that the same for all those kind of sites? I generally only use the ones that appear on GG deals.

I don't use many others, not regularly anyway. I mainly use cdkeys and they have refunded me many times without issues.

Back
Top Bottom