Dragon Age: The Veilguard

I've been looking at more footage of this game and I can't help but feel disappointed. I feel it's important to realise that the people that made Bioware great aren't there anymore. This is Dragon Age in name only.

If this game flops I have a feeling it may be the end for Bioware.
Bioware has been dead for a long time. It's just a name now used to appeal to old time fans. This game looks like a travesty and I'm 100% certain it will bomb.

I think it's pretty clear the route it's taken despite the arguments against. I shall be avoiding it, normalising / celebrating mental health issues and irreversible body mutilation is not for me. It's a shame as the previous 2 I really enjoyed but this looks nothing like them even ignoring my previous point.

Last edited:
I don't see the hatred towards a toggle for scars, nor the options for pronouns.

My characters for RPGs over the years have included, men and women, they've been tall/short, fat/thin, have/have not got boobs, have/have not got scars, different hair styles, different hair colours, different skin colours, I've been a lizard (harry!), I've been a Charr (big cat), I've been a plant, I've been evil (very rarely), I've been good, I've been all sorts of classes (wizard, thief, ranger, warriror, tank), and generally had a little back story in my head for my characters.

How I relate to my character varies, from playing what I would argue is a wannabe version of me in a fantasy world ala an isekai, to not relating in any way shape or form, and everything between.

I really don't see what all the fuss is about that allows people who want to play a specific character in a game. If you don't want that, then don't choose those options, it's not like they're the only options, nor are you forced to pick them.

Usually those in the closet that complain the loudest - The Andrew Tate Hulk Hogan/Megan Fox post springs to mind (won't post here but it's funny as hell)

Did anyone consider it might be for survivors of breast cancer?

Why are people like you like this? It's like the famous Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn quote about lying.

No one with an IQ above room temperature thinks these sorts of things are included for any reason other than pandering to a small amount of people (and not breast cancer survivors).

In other news the 'gaming press' continue to show why in the fiercely competed field of scummy media they often come out on 'top' in the eyes of their potential readership.

"Amazing" :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Last edited:
Did anyone consider it might be for survivors of breast cancer?

H13jBId.jpg

C'mon dood, that's bit of a stretch dontcha think?, like in a game about ancient magic and stuffs? Couldn't the player just go "Izzy whizzy lets get busy" and magic their junk away?
If not, then why not testicular cancer where men have had their nads removed, is there a setting for that?, like a crotch bulgeometer or lack of (there probably is).
See this is where it get ridiculous & never ending, where people make ridiculous suggestions and the management feel the need to include it to make everything "inclusive".
This'll only end in one thing, and thats mass layoffs and game studios closing their doors for good.
Not exactly progress is it?

Here's a pretty decent representation of the gaming industry and progress..

IzdF17Z.jpg

Last edited:
So for those that are offended by the character creator..

why?

Has the things that appear in there been written into the story so that it's gone completely off the rails, or is it just cosmetic. At which point, how does it possible detract from the game when it has zero effect on story or game mechanics?

Or is it that you're so obsessed with things not just being cut out white dudes that you're starting to make it you're entire personality on these boards?

Has the things that appear in there been written into the story so that it's gone completely off the rails,

At the moment, we just don't know

Bar the character designer it could be a really good game, but this is doubtful. Bioware haven't done very well at all these last many years :(

Hey, gimme an art set of 1,000 different colours and I'll show you 1,000 different coloured stick people - some of us are just rubbish at designing stuff.

That's not to say the character creator is good, but it does have a lot of options which is a good start IMO.

Side note - that picture is making me think of Major Kira from DS9....

So for those that are offended by the character creator..

why?
Who's offended?
My concern is that it'll harm the industry and "more" studios of talented people will be put out to pasture due to the directon they're being pushed in to.
Thats a genuine concern imo, and should be for any "gamer".
Has the things that appear in there been written into the story so that it's gone completely off the rails, or is it just cosmetic. At which point, how does it possible detract from the game when it has zero effect on story or game mechanics?
Correct, it doesn't..

4fWee9n.jpg

Non binary, then himself.
Eh?
It's just pandering nonsense, and garners the wrong sort of attention, just look at this thread and the countless others out there.
Not exactly a good advert is it?
No gamer wants to be poking fun at games and the directon they're going, and of late the direction doesn't really seem like it's heading for the stars.
Just give us good games without some sort of crazy whatever is trendy at the time moral lesson attached.
Thats all we ask, is that unreasonable?

Who's offended?
My concern is that it'll harm the industry and "more" studios of talented people will be put out to pasture due to the directon they're being pushed in to.
Thats a genuine concern imo, and should be for any "gamer".

Correct, it doesn't..

4fWee9n.jpg

Non binary, then himself.
Eh?
It's just pandering nonsense, and garners the wrong sort of attention, just look at this thread and the countless others out there.
Not exactly a good advert is it?
No gamer wants to be poking fun at games and the directon they're going, and of late the direction doesn't really seem like it's heading for the stars.
Just give us good games without some sort of crazy whatever is trendy at the time moral lesson attached.
Thats all we ask, is that unreasonable?

I get not wanting strings attached when it's not warranted.

But this is a roleplaying game, where one of the main emphasis should be the role playing aspect of it.

Now a game like Space Marine 2, with established lore on Astartes - I could understand the annoyance at tagging these kind of things. Or a game where you are a nameless protagonist just shooting things. I also understand and agree with sterotypes being used in representation of set characters within games (like hip-hop over every black character, even if the setting is wrong - looking at you Assassin creed) being a negative thing for gaming.

I dunno, it just feels weird that people want to dunk on a game before it's even out because of some things that kind of makes sense to be in the kind of game it's trying to be.

Last edited:
it's pretty simple, game looks like total cack and people are pick holes in it, as is the norm for this stuff. If the game looked amazing then most people wouldn't care about the creator options

What is this game trying to be? :confused:

A roleplaying game (specifically an action roleplaying game), which Dragon age has always been.

it's pretty simple, game looks like total cack and people are pick holes in it, as is the norm for this stuff. If the game looked amazing then most people wouldn't care about the creator options

and there's nothing wrong saying the game doesn't suit your aesthetic anymore, or that it never did. I just wish people would say it rather than trying to blame inclusivity in a roleplaying game.

A roleplaying game (specifically an action roleplaying game), which Dragon age has always been.

Personally I feel if it is causing that much frustration with people there's an easy way to solve it

Have every role playing game with an LGBT/Pride selectable option. If you want THEM/THEY/IT pronouns then turn it on

Last edited:
I also understand and agree with sterotypes being used in representation of set characters within games (like hip-hop over every black character, even if the setting is wrong - looking at you Assassin creed) being a negative thing for gaming.
Lol, yeah, that wasn't great, and was possibly offensive.
I mean who thought that was a good idea?
I dunno, it just feels weird that people want to dunk on a game before it's even out because of some things that kind of makes sense to be in the kind of game it's trying to be.
Obviously there's people who'll complain about anything without any understanding of the subject matter, but I'd wager a few quid on the gamers/viewers out there that call it right every single time, I mean it's kinda been well documented lately, one only has to look at the money spent for little to zero income in games and film.
The people with cash ready to splash know what they want and it seems this game, along with Concord, Dustborn & and the garbage Disney etc is churning out isn't it.
Money talks, and if the customers ain't spending it, then the product is incorrect, no matter how much the 1% bleat about it.

Back
Top Bottom