Dragons Den

Soldato
I hate the way those dragons talk down to people.

They are enjoying huge wealth that they made through ruthless capitalism and now they're morally above all the people that come in front of them.

I really find them annoying, especially the women.

Anyone else find them annoying?

Their just giving them the reality of the situation. It wouldn't help the contestands if the Dragons just said "I'm not investing". It wouldn't be good TV either.

Having said that I thought it was terrible how that guy (forget which one) punched that blokes dummy door in.

Would you invest your own money in a company that you knew would probably fail?

They are quite harsh but tbh they are just been honest most of the time.

It's partly done for tv and partly because they are better than everyone else, otherwise they wouldn't be there (there not, but thats the image they need and portray to be successful)

al123 said:
Would you invest your own money in a company that you knew would probably fail?

They are quite harsh but tbh they are just been honest most of the time.

I think he was on about they way they sometimes go about not investing in the people. There have been a couple of instances where they've broken prototypes etc that annoys me.

Peter Jones was being rude with Richard Farleigh. He can't understand that other people have different opinions and he seems to deliberately go out of his way to make the pitchers feel like idiots by confusing them. Not always though...!

a lot of the contestants are stupid. Especially the ones that have a product that according to everyone they've shown is brilliant. Except that the only people they shown it to, were their friends, who obviously dont give an honest opinion.

Richard Farleigh for eg for going on about how

loads of people are working hard at university to make fuel cells.. blah blah

whats Richard Farleigh going to do? buy half their business and not really do much work.

this is turning into a rant and im not an anti capitalist

z0mbi3 said:
Having said that I thought it was terrible how that guy (forget which one) punched that blokes dummy door in.

That annoyed me because the bloke said to them about 5 times it was just to show the action of the lock. Yet like a hard man he had to show he could break something that was just a mock up.

Richard is the best, he's usually really polite, accurate and helpful. Nothing wrong with upping his to 20% as there was no way Deborah would have moved and he'd be a chump to take 15% when she took 20%. Peter Jones is the bell for having a go at him.

In fact, he's always offensive, purposefully tries to cause arguments, belittle the inventors and generally stir stuff up.

dannyjo22 said:
That annoyed me because the bloke said to them about 5 times it was just to show the action of the lock. Yet like a hard man he had to show he could break something that was just a mock up.
It was still a fairly useless idea though.

And I can't believe the Rotamate clothes line with waterproof cover by that 21 year old: How often does it rain perfectly vertically? Surely half your clothes are still going to get soaked?!

Back
Top Bottom