Drinking water

Soldato
http://mythorfact.msn.com/?mkt=en-GB

This site claims that is a myth that you require 2 litres of water a day and that actually only 1 litre is required.

I find this pretty shocking, I don't do that much exercise but I would say I get through at least 3 litres of water a day, more if it is hot. I don't actually think I would feel very healthy at all if I only had one litre in a day.

Fine, it might be possible to SURVIVE on 1 litre a day, but I'd definitely say drinking 2 litres was good for you!

Man of Honour
Yeah I get through about 5l of squash a day, especially when its quite warm

I have a litre sports bottle that is always full on my desk. I often find my self just drinking for the sake of it cause its there lol so get through it quickly

Permabanned
burnsy2023 said:
Saying that, it's a myth that you shouldn't drink alcohol if you're already dehydrated. Although the alcohol is a diuretic, there is usually a substantial net increase in fluids.

Burnsy

Yes but your liver needs water to process the alcohol out of your body, get a headache in the morning after large one, thats the water missing form your brain, your body takes a lot of water to process alcohol.

Water helps you concentrate, cleans your body up and the more water you pass through your body the better but don't drink too much it can dilute your blood and kill you.

Soldato
I dont drink any pure water at all, only thing i can think of is water in cups of tea, which i only have one cup of tea per day.

Could that be why my skin looks awfull, greasy red and horrid :eek:

Soldato
I've been drinking nothing but water for some time now - fruit juice etc is fine but not absorbed by the body anywhere near as quickly as water.

Man of Honour
cheets64 said:
Water helps you concentrate, cleans your body up and the more water you pass through your body the better but don't drink too much it can dilute your blood and kill you.

:eek:

Not heard that one before

I take it thats only after stupid amounts?

Soldato
scorza said:
I used to drink two litres of water a day, then switched to one. I feel much better on just one litre.

You feel better drinking less? Now that's odd! Most people I speak to seem to concur that drinking more water makes them feel better.

Back
Top Bottom