• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Driver Has Stopped Responding - Nvidia Driver Crashes

Yes sorry this was in reply to feedback for 353.38. What were you doing at the time and what driver? It's never too late for feedback.

Still not had any issues on 353 at all on my TX rig

the latest drivers offered in geforce experience. i think its 353.62. i was playing wow, well i had just started it and moved a few steps. reverted back to stock clocks and the same thing happened again. all while chrome was open.

i have a fix driver. just thought the newer driver would be even better lol. 353.49 works flawlessly. even with high overclocks.

This is quite annoying coming back to Nvidia after a few years of ATI and actually thinking I would be treat to more stable and better optimized drivers. So far constant crashes and driver stopped responding is pretty much what I have been treated to, and it's far worse since jumping to Windows 10 with at least 2-3 daily crashes becoming the norm.

Hoping it all gets sorted as soon as possible.

As the 350.12 drivers have been completely stable for three weeks, with bios mod for constant volts at load. I'm now going to try the 353.62. Wish me luck :p

As the 350.12 drivers have been completely stable for three weeks, with bios mod for constant volts at load. I'm now going to try the 353.62. Wish me luck :p

You might have just answered the question I was going to ak you! LOL

I am going to have to flash my Bios as this card is ****

Given up with GTA V as that keeps crashing

Back to Elite, that is crashing. Same issue as before, D3D errors.

I have just about given up with it.

I know its a voltage thing.

Can't RMA it as it will still benches fine.

So how is the constant voltage working out for you?

Is it a constant voltage or is is capped to not to drop below 1V?

It does seem to be hit and miss, some people like yourself have had no problems at all and on the other hand people like me have been facing occasional problems daily.

Its the same on both sides I reckon. The last 4 or 5 drivers have all been fine for me so Im thankful when Im seeing all the problems others are having.

Just found this thread but ive had this issue on and off since ive put my 970 in around 8 months ago. Its fired up again lately and im not using Afterburner OR EVGA precision.

Ive currently got the 353.62 driver and ill be rolling back to the suggested driver shortly after this post.

I have however as mentioned had this problem since basically the beginning of owning my 970 and nothing ive done in that time has resolved it. Its driving me crazy!

0 Crash issues
running 353.62

Only issue i get is after alt-tab it takes a second or two to get to the correct FPS.
only happens after a lot of alt-tab

Every game i play i also have youtube/twitch on the top screen @ 1080p too.
So even extra pressure on the cards/software

Running 980 SLI Gsync

have you ever thought it could be your OC? or somthing you all run that causes the issue?

like MSI afterburner or Certain browsers?

0 Crash issues
running 353.62

Only issue i get is after alt-tab it takes a second or two to get to the correct FPS.
only happens after a lot of alt-tab

Every game i play i also have youtube/twitch on the top screen @ 1080p too.
So even extra pressure on the cards/software

Running 980 SLI Gsync

have you ever thought it could be your OC? or somthing you all run that causes the issue?

like MSI afterburner or Certain browsers?

I am positive it is a to aggressive power saving settings in the bios that affects some cards...

For mine, it will crash when the card voltage drops below 1.0 v when the GPU winds down from load and then spikes back to full power (cut scenes and menu's on some games, mostly GTA V and Elite dangerous)

I am using K boost at the moment and have no issues but that should not be the way its meant to be played..... :D

Neil has modded his Bios to a constant voltage which is what I am going to have to do.

I have been moaning about this issue for months.

About 4 recent failures with 350.12, usually on first startup of the day when the browser & desktop suddenly go all pixelated & the Nvidia message pops up, a restart & all is normal, no crashes when gaming etc.

MSI 980

353.62 drivers here on windows 10 and had no issues with driver not responding.

I do have a 2-3 second stutter in dying light but no idea whats causing that yet and may be game related

Once you've launched the game, whether you're running full screen or windowed, go into the video options menu, reverse what mode you're on, accept it, then reverse it back to what you were on.

Used to get stuttering, FPS drops with my 670 until I found this fix.

Back
Top Bottom