Drivers to meet with FIA over Hamiltons driving

Soldato
Hamilton played the "cause I'm black" card already, the FIA are scared to tackle his moronic driving, let's hope the other drivers make it clear to him :)

Soldato
Yes. Heikki made reference to it on Twitter:

"@duskyBlogF1: @H_Kovalainen Are all drivers attending a 'special meeting' in Japan about Hamilton's driving? I'm not I have no problem"

It's so so sad. I hope the names of drivers that attend the meeting are made public.

And I replied maybe it's because he isn't crashing into you mate.. didn't get a reply to that funnily enough :D

Soldato
The F in F1 really doesn't stand for fun, and hasn't for a while now. I mean, why not let alittle bit of action happen? I mean, not in the total moronic way of Hamilton, but still, some of some sort.

Personally, not a Hamilton fan, but a Jenson Button fan.

Caporegime
Its a total non issue. Of course they wanted Massa to hold up Hamilton, to try to get Alonso better points.

The more interesting bit is why Massa somehow thinks Hamilton was in the wrong in qualifying to going round him and getting some space when Massa was clearly just trying to get in his way. Rather than get into a scuffle or moan to the stewards about blocking, he just went round him and got on with it.

Yeah, Lewis crashing was entirely his fault, but at least he has handled it well and not slagged people off in public, complained to the FIA, tried to get other drivers to gang up on him and tried to cause a fight on TV... Unlike Massa.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Its a total non issue. Of course they wanted Massa to hold up Hamilton, to try to get Alonso better points.

Exactly. But the usual suspects are making it an issue, presumably because they are so insecure about their favourite driver that they feel he needs defending from the nasty people from the internet....

He's a big boy now, guys. Honestly ;)

The more interesting bit is why Massa somehow thinks Hamilton was in the wrong in qualifying to going round him and getting some space when Massa was clearly just trying to get in his way. Rather than get into a scuffle or moan to the stewards about blocking, he just went round him and got on with it.

I don't generally like quoting from Wikipedia but the following does handily sum up what actually happened, having watched it all a few times now:

Hamilton later faced criticism for an aggressive move on Felipe Massa at Turn 19 on the out-lap; Massa later slowed down to let Hamilton through, compromising his flying lap as speed carried into the final corner would translate into a faster lap time. Massa questioned why Hamilton felt the need for such an aggressive move as opposed to slowing on his out-lap to allow for clear running.
And had that been the worst thing that he did all weekend....so what? He might have held Massa up a bit, but the Ferrari was never in contention for pole. But of course, it wasn't. To then go clattering into the guy that you inconvenienced in qually because you forgot where your car ended....

Just. Not. Smart.

Caporegime
I'ms ure the BBC put a mini hamilton video up showing all the accidents he'd been involved in this season and in the first one Massa crashed into him. They've had a lot of racing together this season so it's inevitable that they'll have some coming togethers.

Caporegime
Ok JRS, so now 2 minor things that would be perfectly fine on their own can be combined into one massive **** up that he deserves a reprimand for :confused:

I still stand by my opinion that Massa has acted like a stupid child about the whole thing, while Lewis admitted he was wrong and got on with it, but it seems people have ignored Massa's behaviour. If it was the other way around I expect people would be calling for Lewis to be banned.

Basically, its become cool to hate Hamilton, or at least **** him off, both among F1 fans and in the F1 paddock itself! Witch is all a bit pathetic.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Ok JRS, so now 2 minor things that would be perfectly fine on their own can be combined into one massive **** up that he deserves a reprimand for :confused:

Don't look at me, I'm not the one asking for him to be officially reprimanded (at most, a gentle word from the team should suffice). I just want him to rediscover his form. Once he's done that, he'll stop crashing into people and this inglorious bunfight will end.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Don't look at me, I'm not the one asking for him to be officially reprimanded (at most, a gentle word from the team should suffice). I just want him to rediscover his form. Once he's done that, he'll stop crashing into people and this inglorious bunfight will end.

Uh, hello! He did 2 laps with half a front wing (anyone know why they did this?), a long stop to replace it, and a drive through, and still finished 5th!

He never lost his form, its just being overshadowed by the mistakes he is making and the response he is getting from fans and drivers. Its not like he is slow and useless and getting in the way of people, he's crashing into people he is faster than while overtaking them.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Uh, hello! He did 2 laps with half a front wing (anyone know why they did this?), a long stop to replace it, and a drive through, and still finished 5th!

He never lost his form, its just being overshadowed by the mistakes he is making and the response he is getting from fans and drivers. Its not like he is slow and useless and getting in the way of people, he's crashing into people he is faster than while overtaking them.

That's what I mean. He's still got all that prodigious speed, though it's occasionally being masked by tyre issues or getting caught up behind a slower car. But he's making boneheaded mistakes that a GP2 driver would be embarrassed about.

You say it seems as though it's cool to hate Lewis. Does it not say something about how well regarded he is that the mistakes he's making are so dismaying?

Caporegime
I wouldn't say there dismaying.

They are disappointing to fans who don't have a strong desire to beat Lewis down. They are frustrating to the drivers who have been involved, but in the most part they are drivers who have been caught and (nearly) passed by Lewis, so there is an element of trying to **** him off and get him in trouble off the track because they cant beat him in raw speed on it.

Another point, hasn't Schumacher lost a front wing in pretty much every race this year? I don't see the drivers asking for him to be reprimanded by the FIA for 'not knowing where his car ends', something Lewis has been slated for?

All I'm saying is that its the culture that surrounds Lewis that is inflaming this situation, and not the incidents themselves.

Soldato
I'd love to see the telemetry of the incident, specifically Massa's car.

I thought it looked like he was a little slower too. Either slowed more or was late getting on the power. But no-one else seems to have noticed so I put it down to me seeing things.

I like Massa always have but he's not so innocent either.
And theres nothing wrong with Hamiltons driving. The pass that webber did on alonso the other week was far more dangerous

Caporegime
In Massa's defence (for the actual incident only) 'parking' on the apex by being deliberately slow on the racing line to force another driver the long way around is a common tactic for defending a position.

It was just a racing incident. Massa defended hard, Hamilton attacked hard, they touched slightly. Yeah the puncture affected Massa so a drive through may have been deserved.

Trying to start a fight in the paddock and then running crying to the boss however, just pathetic.

Soldato
I wouldn't say there dismaying.

They are disappointing to fans who don't have a strong desire to beat Lewis down. They are frustrating to the drivers who have been involved, but in the most part they are drivers who have been caught and (nearly) passed by Lewis, so there is an element of trying to **** him off and get him in trouble off the track because they cant beat him in raw speed on it.

Another point, hasn't Schumacher lost a front wing in pretty much every race this year? I don't see the drivers asking for him to be reprimanded by the FIA for 'not knowing where his car ends', something Lewis has been slated for?

All I'm saying is that its the culture that surrounds Lewis that is inflaming this situation, and not the incidents themselves.

This all reminds me of something that annoys me about EJ in the pre/post race..

Just about everything has to have a postive/negative deep rooted reason.. the issue is 90% of the time it's just baseless conjecture that rarely bears any fruit..

I agree with you, the incident looked so minor, I just can't see why it's being seen as anything else.. But to a lot of people, there must be a deep seated negative reason why this is happening..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom